Reload this Page >

Oneworld product pricing - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld product pricing - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by rens
Can confirm that the prices ex OSL have increased significantly. Expert flyer has yet to update.
Sorry that my information was correct. Just curious, where are you seeing the higher fare, and how much is it now?

I still see the old prices in EF, so possibly someone could autoprice and ticket ex-OSL at the old price if they do it immediately. I won't be in a position to purchase for another six weeks or so.

Do you see that the ex-ARN fare has also changed or is it the same ($6823.51 USD)?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Called AA RTW desk on both Friday and Saturday. Told both times the ex OSL DONE4 price is US$10,299 Did not ask about other prices
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I was just informed that RTW fares will be going up imminently, especially OSL and possibly other Europe originations. I was also told there will be some unspecified rule changes, and that the rule about Australian trans-cons is more restrictive now, only one transcan total (it used to be interpreted as allowing up to three trans-cons as long as each line is only used one, now it is only one line total).
Oh no! I was planning to book a DONE4 for 2 in early July. Originating in NRT. It's for a departure in January. I'm travelling for the next 3 weeks so I was planning to take care of it when I get back. Should I try to book now or I'm already too late & the price increase as occured? My itinerary is valid & priced on the OW planning tool. I just have not called the AA RTW desk to book it yet.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by mjoeroy
Oh no! I was planning to book a DONE4 for 2 in early July. Originating in NRT. It's for a departure in January. I'm travelling for the next 3 weeks so I was planning to take care of it when I get back. Should I try to book now or I'm already too late & the price increase as occured? My itinerary is valid & priced on the OW planning tool. I just have not called the AA RTW desk to book it yet.
I was specifically told that OSL and probably other European originations are going up, and that NRT would be much cheaper than Europe, so you should be OK.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I was specifically told ... that NRT would be much cheaper than Europe, so you should be OK.
Unfortunately, I expect that that doesn't mean a price drop ex-NRT, but rather that ex-NRT prices aren't going up.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:45 am
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by rens
Called AA RTW desk on both Friday and Saturday. Told both times the ex OSL DONE4 price is US$10,299 Did not ask about other prices
That's been the ex-USA price for a DONE4 for years. I suspect you got one or more noobs at the RTW desk who didn't know/care how to pull the correct fare. Not saying it's wrong, just suspicious.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
That is what I thought also and explains why I called back Saturday. Seems unloikely that AA will be consistently so wrong, but again maybe not.
Will try again tomorrow.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Unfortunately, I expect that that doesn't mean a price drop ex-NRT, but rather that ex-NRT prices aren't going up.
I don't think anyone expected it would mean a price drop. I certainly never intended to suggest it. It seemed obvious to me that it meant that ex-Europe prices would become more than ex-Japan, and together with the information that ex-Europe prices would be going up, the obvious implication is that ex-Japan prices would either remain the same or go up but not by as much.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:42 am

I was just informed that RTW fares will be going up imminently, especially OSL and possibly other Europe originations. I was also told there will be some unspecified rule changes, and that the rule about Australian trans-cons is more restrictive now, only one transcan total (it used to be interpreted as allowing up to three trans-cons as long as each line is only used one, now it is only one line total).
Thanks for the heads up! Not sure when the price increase would come about & the changes in rules or if it would event affect a departure from NRT but i didn't want to take any chances. So I pulled the trigger & purchased my RTW tickets today.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by mjoeroy
So I pulled the trigger & purchased my RTW tickets today.
Smart.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA DL
OSL is still pricing at $5,998/$6,634/$7,577 on both Expertflyer and the on-line oneworld tool (for DONE3/DONE4/DONE5).

Pakistani Rupee is falling. KHI is now $4,760/$5,446/$6,460
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wingzing
OSL is still pricing at $5,998/$6,634/$7,577 on both Expertflyer and the on-line oneworld tool (for DONE3/DONE4/DONE5).

Pakistani Rupee is falling. KHI is now $4,760/$5,446/$6,460
Great to know that. So now ex-OSL is cheaper than ex-NRT in all DONEx itins.
I just checked EF shows ex-NRT to be: $6,059 / $7,204 / $8,264 / $9030.

Let hear from those who try to start from KHI. Pakistan is a little shaky for me personally. Never been to Pakistan though.

Be interesting to see how people structure their itins with ex-KHI.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Great to know that. So now ex-OSL is cheaper than ex-NRT in all DONEx itins.
I just checked EF shows ex-NRT to be: $6,059 / $7,204 / $8,264 / $9030.

Let hear from those who try to start from KHI. Pakistan is a little shaky for me personally. Never been to Pakistan though.

Be interesting to see how people structure their itins with ex-KHI.
I was hoping Dr. HFH would lead the way and take one for the team with regard to ex-Pakistan (just kidding) but I think he has decided to just stick to more traditional starting points.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I was hoping Dr. HFH would lead the way and take one for the team with regard to ex-Pakistan (just kidding) but I think he has decided to just stick to more traditional starting points.
Thanks for the shout-out, Jerry. True, unless the price differential between CMB and Pakistan improves, I'll stick with Sri Lanka for now. However, as wingzing pointed out, things are continually changing. Right now I see IONE3 ex-CMB at USD $5,410.43, and ex-KHI at USD $4,663.28. SO at roughly USD $750, we're starting to approach a price differential that I would consider sufficiently attractive.

Then there's the issue of scheduling. I would need to be able to schedule in and out with maybe a few hours. I'm not interested in a 10 hour connection in Pakistan, such as the one I'm in the middle of right now at NRT. I can be pretty flexible on origin and destination airports; but I really have no interest in that long a layover at KHI.

Speaking of NRT, be aware that the regular Sakura F lounge in the main building is currently closed for renovation. It's apparently being replaced temporarily (I hope) by a smaller windowless F lounge upstairs. And I was just informed that the Sakura F lounge in the satellite terminal is closed between 1100 and 1500. So I guess that I'll be heading
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Speaking of NRT, be aware that the regular Sakura F lounge in the main building is currently closed for renovation. It's apparently being replaced temporarily (I hope) by a smaller windowless F lounge upstairs. And I was just informed that the Sakura F lounge in the satellite terminal is closed between 1100 and 1500. So I guess that I'll be heading
It's been under renovation since November. At one stage they were restricting entry to PAX on JL flights.

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.