FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld product pricing - PLEASE READ
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:32 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I was hoping Dr. HFH would lead the way and take one for the team with regard to ex-Pakistan (just kidding) but I think he has decided to just stick to more traditional starting points.
Thanks for the shout-out, Jerry. True, unless the price differential between CMB and Pakistan improves, I'll stick with Sri Lanka for now. However, as wingzing pointed out, things are continually changing. Right now I see IONE3 ex-CMB at USD $5,410.43, and ex-KHI at USD $4,663.28. SO at roughly USD $750, we're starting to approach a price differential that I would consider sufficiently attractive.

Then there's the issue of scheduling. I would need to be able to schedule in and out with maybe a few hours. I'm not interested in a 10 hour connection in Pakistan, such as the one I'm in the middle of right now at NRT. I can be pretty flexible on origin and destination airports; but I really have no interest in that long a layover at KHI.

Speaking of NRT, be aware that the regular Sakura F lounge in the main building is currently closed for renovation. It's apparently being replaced temporarily (I hope) by a smaller windowless F lounge upstairs. And I was just informed that the Sakura F lounge in the satellite terminal is closed between 1100 and 1500. So I guess that I'll be heading