Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Excellent chart!
If we can confirm with Elites from UA, AA, and CO that it's accurate, then it's time to mass produce the thing!
Agreed. Great Chart.

Originally Posted by secretsea18
Jaimito Cartero You have made a wonderful comparison chart, and I think this should be the start of the "SaveWorldperks" effort. I wish I had any knowledge of webstuff, but I don't know anything whatsoever.

I suggest that WP FTers print out the info on the linked website and just leave them in the seat pockets and in the inflight magazines on our NW or DL flights. AS we know they never really clean that area out, it is a place to put them, esp. in FC where others might see it who aren't FTers. Leave the fliers in the WC, discretely share with the WC receptionists, etc. Share with your seat neighbor....
Save WP. Sign me up! I like the leaving it in the seats...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:29 pm

Great chart JC. Next week I will be flying to AMS and then to SIN. Will print out a handful and distribute on the flights.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Great chart JC. Next week I will be flying to AMS and then to SIN. Will print out a handful and distribute on the flights.
I'm working on a second one now. I've had some offers of hosting the full sized PDF, and I'll post a link to those as soon as I get the info.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:08 pm

Looking forward to it. Leaving on Sunday.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Great chart! I'll be mailing a copy to Anderson, Bastian & Robertson.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Full PDF version now available.

A kind FT'er has donated some bandwidth. You can view it now! Make copies and spread the word.

Check out the PDF version here.

I've also just finished a new "Changes" flyer. It's on the same website I listed earlier in the day.

I'm working on one more, if I have the energy tonight.

Update: I finished one more, called "Timmy". You can find it on the website mentioned above. The PDF files will be available sometime tomorrow, with luck, for download.

I would appreciate everyone looking at these, and correcting any errors. Gracias!

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jan 22, 2009 at 1:18 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All three flyers available now online - PDF

Grab them, and print them out! Let NW/DL know how you feel, and make sure everyone else knows as well.

PDF File - All three flyers. Change Fees, Close In Fees, and Timmy.

First Flyer - Elite reward change fees. PDF.

Second Flyer - Close in fees. PDF

Third Flyer - Timmy - Three Tier Award Chart. PDF

You can still view the JPG pictures here.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:02 am
mdb

nice work!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Grab them, and print them out! Let NW/DL know how you feel, and make sure everyone else knows as well.

PDF File - All three flyers. Change Fees, Close In Fees, and Timmy.

First Flyer - Elite reward change fees. PDF.

Second Flyer - Close in fees. PDF

Third Flyer - Timmy - Three Tier Award Chart. PDF

You can still view the JPG pictures here.
Excellent. Superb. Wow, really good!

Hey Moderators, Can this be pulled out and put on it's own thread, or even a "sticky"????

FTers, we need to "share the love" with our fellow WP members, print and distribute!!!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
You should add email addresses. The format is [email protected] . So if my name were, for example, Benjamin Pissedoff, then my email address would be [email protected].

Below is a list of executives at DL/NW that I think we should all email if we only could somehow figure out what their email address are:

Richard Anderson, CEO
Edward Bastian, President
Michael Becker, EVP & COO NWA
Richard Hirst, SVP/General Counsel
Tim Mapes, SVP Marketing
Stephen Gorman, EVP/COO
Hank Halter, SVP/CFO
Glen Hauenstein, EVP Network Planning & Revenue Management
Ray Winborne, SVP Finance
John "Ned" Walker, SVP Corporate Communications

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:02 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by NW scoop
system-wide upgrades for WorldPerks Platinum Elite members. Look out for 2009 Program info next month.
The redeposit fees are a bummer, but at least NW Plats are getting SWUs! ^
Although I seem to recall that DL SWUs are much more expensive to use than AA's and UA's.

Last edited by EsquireFlyer; Jan 22, 2009 at 7:13 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
The redeposit fees are a bummer, but at least NW Plats are getting SWUs! ♠
No... We lost the very useful Elite Extra Perks SWUs and they have been replaced with the very useless PMUs.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Okay, I finally dug out one website that had a basic (very basic!) hosting plan with it. So I updated the site, put a few views about the merger and upcoming changes on it, and put up a smaller .jpg image of the comparison chart.

You can see it here.

If someone would like to post the full PDF version, let me know the link, and I'll add it to the site.
Confirmed as to all the UA fees being $0 for 1Ks.

I do think it's an exaggeration to use a baseline of "5 changes and 5 redeposits" to demonstrate the costs of the DL system, because I think that that figure seriously overestimates the number of changes and redeposits an average top-tier elite (at least on UA) is making. Award availability on UA/Starnet is so tight that, after you ticket an award, it's rare to find availability on dates worth changing to (though nice to know that you can do it, in the extremely unlikely event that something opens up). Usually when more award space opens up it's <24 hours before departure, which is stupid because it's not a realistic amount of time for a normal person to make travel plans (contact the people you are visiting, change hotel reservations, etc.). And I think that 5 redeposits is also an overestimate because unless you have 5 last-minute emergencies which are so big that you have to totally cancel a trip (and not just change the dates), you shouldn't have to redeposit that often.

But yes, it's true that if you make 5 changes and 5 redeposits (or, for that matter, 100 of each) on UA, as a 1K you pay $0.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
No... We lost the very useful Elite Extra Perks SWUs and they have been replaced with the very useless PMUs.

peace,
~Ben~
Wait, that sounds familiar actually. Are Delta SWUs only valid on ripoff fares? You get 6 a year for flying 75k but can only use them on expensive fares, right?

NW SWUs, IIRC, were good on all fares and booked into paid inventory, is that right? But you only get 2 a year, and only by flying 125k miles?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Wait, that sounds familiar actually. Are Delta SWUs only valid on ripoff fares? You get 6 a year for flying 75k but can only use them on expensive fares, right?

NW SWUs, IIRC, were good on all fares and booked into paid inventory, is that right? But you only get 2 a year, and only by flying 125k miles?
Everything you need to know is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...mus-march.html

Unfortunately.

peace,
~Ben~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.