Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Anyone thought about the fact that we should just organize and police these FF programs on an ongoing basis?

We just can't let them just do whatever they want ad infinitium. At this rate, we'll hold green stamps which aren't worth anything and a 50$ fee to exchange 100k miles for a 100$ voucher....

We need to keep passing the word out, including possibly putting up an ad in a major news outlet...
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: NW Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I was quoted in a WSJ article a year or two ago. I can check if I still have his email address.

Update: Okay, email address found, and short note sent off.
It would be great if we can organize this article and quote (simply a yes kind of quote) a hunderd or so PEs for NW that we are leaving because of this policy. While its not a very difficult task it still needs focus and perhaps a coordinator. I am not old enough on this board to know how best to organize it through this forum or maybe others.

I have read many misleading and flawed postings with respect to the importance of top end fliers. Anybody who thinks DL will let many of NW PEs go without losing a ton of revenue and bad publicity is naive at best. There must be some decent statistics out there which will substantiate 80/20 theory. How many Plat NW has? Multiply that by about $20K at least and get a rough number. I paid about $35K last year
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Money to burn

Well my other project hit a bit of a lull, and I had an idea for a final flyer. I've added it to the normal group PDF, and available by itself.

In the last flyer, I added the website: www.saveworldperks.com to the bottom. This last one is really a rehash of older ones, but I had a certain graphic in mind, and thought it fit the issue well.

Let me know what you think.

Update: The group PDF has been updated with disclaimer "This flyer is in no way affiliated with Northwest Airlines or Delta Airlines. Logos & Trademarks are property of their respective owners.". When you print the page out, you may have to fit to page, or shrink it to 94-95% of full page size.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jan 26, 2009 at 12:03 am
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
It looks like you actually pointed to saveworldperks.com, but if you actually meant saveflyertalk.com, there's some spelling and grammar there that could use some fixin'.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raehl311
It looks like you actually pointed to saveworldperks.com, but if you actually meant saveflyertalk.com, there's some spelling and grammar there that could use some fixin'.
Sure, PM me, or post it here. I'm not too proud! And hey, stop talkin' about my gramma!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
One "last" flyer? Betcha can't stop!

I've added "Money to Burn" to the list in The Blog.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
One "last" flyer? Betcha can't stop!
Well unless some new "enhancement" come out, I think I'm tapped out.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Well unless some new "enhancement" come out, I think I'm tapped out.
Don't misunderestimate the New DELTA!!!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by robbert
Don't misunderestimate the New DELTA!!!
He is not -- he is just waiting for DL management's next customer-unfriendly move.

Welcome to Delta Airlines, where management thinks of the "loyalty" program customers as the enemy or sheep to be fleeced.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:00 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
... while the SSM logo had a rat on their button... in honor of GUWonder, I suggest for the SWP button we have a half-naked sheep getting sheered

Originally Posted by GUWonder
He is not -- he is just waiting for DL management's next customer-unfriendly move.

Welcome to Delta Airlines, where management thinks of the "loyalty" program customers as the enemy or sheep to be fleeced.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A nekkid sheep covering itself would be classic.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 1:18 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I think I hear the gears grinding as Mr. Cartero is coming up with a new flyer

A nekkid sheep covering itself would be classic.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thezipper
I think I hear the gears grinding as Mr. Cartero is coming up with a new flyer
Hey, don't tempt me. I've got real work to do, although that hasn't stopped me before.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Exclamation Looks like DL is back peddling a bit on the fees

Award Ticket Fee Waiver
We've waived the Award redemption fee for Platinum Medallion members for Award Tickets booked or purchased on or after April 4, 2006. Through February 28, 2009 the award reissue and redeposit fee will continue to be waived for Platinum Medallions. Beginning March 1, 2009 we will waive the reissue or redeposit fee for two reservations per member year for Platinum Medallions.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_....jsp#feewaiver
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Chicken feed. This is an insult.

Between the two of us, my wife & I did 17 redeposits/reissues last years. This would leave us with 13 x $100 in fees or (more likely) tremendous amounts of phone time wasted until just the right itins become available.

Aslo, what happens when the reservation contains tickets for non-Platinum members or (for example) for a family of 5 but only two exemptions are available?

Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Award Ticket Fee Waiver
We've waived the Award redemption fee for Platinum Medallion members for Award Tickets booked or purchased on or after April 4, 2006. Through February 28, 2009 the award reissue and redeposit fee will continue to be waived for Platinum Medallions. Beginning March 1, 2009 we will waive the reissue or redeposit fee for two reservations per member year for Platinum Medallions.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_....jsp#feewaiver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.