Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:11 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by bostonbali
... Or, I might actually speak to a customer or two, hear their perspective, and try to go to bat for them.
Not to mention Bob isn't taking the calls himself, an assistant is answering them. Maybe she can keep a log of these calls...
Totally agree.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
No response

TTUed last week and sent Bob S e-mail direct last weekend.

No response to either yet.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:33 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
As DL "harmonizes" the DL and NW programs and the fees, watch out for yet another non-refundable DL award fee -- the partner award booking fee.

This costs $25 each time doing a booking that involves using DL miles for an itinerary that includes even one segment operated by a partner airline -- the fee is non-refundable and there is no exemption from it for Platinums either.

Yet another DL management-implemented award ticket fee to watch out for.

Welcome to Delta Airlines, where the customer is seen as the enemy or sheep to be fleeced.
WHAT?????????????????????

Unless you are flying from Chicago to Atlanta how do you avoid a partner; especially since DL never opens up seats until late in the game.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by thepla
WHAT?????????????????????

Unless you are flying from Chicago to Atlanta how do you avoid a partner; especially since DL never opens up seats until late in the game.
If DL doesn't fleece the customers one way when customers want to redeem miles for an award ticket, then DL will try to fleece the customers the other way when wanting to redeem miles for an award ticket. This is your reward for being a loyal DL customer.

Now you know what I mean when I say, "Welcome to Delta Airlines, where the customer is seen as the enemy or sheep to be fleeced."
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1M, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Would someone please post Bob's e-mail? I would like to e-mail him directly and I cannot find his e-mail in my searches. Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
With all due respect, I think this is a bad idea. I think it's pretty clear that they know how upset people are, but to begin bombarding someone's office with phone calls crosses a line, IMO.

I know you're upset (I'm still a Plat, too, with 200k in miles), but think how you would like it if your company made some policy decisions and the general public started bombarding you with calls to complain. You'd probably just unplug your phone after the first few calls, wouldn't you? And you'd probably have a lot less respect for the organization that started the campaign to call you at work.
No it isn't, he's the local figurehead even if he no longer makes any meaningful decisions. I've a feeling the revolt has barely started.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Most NWA emails follow a [email protected]

So [email protected] would work for Joe Blow.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
No it isn't, he's the local figurehead even if he no longer makes any meaningful decisions. I've a feeling the revolt has barely started.
The real revolt will happen one by one as passengers learn about this by getting hit by it or through a customer-to-customer marketing campaign to expose DL's sleazy ways and changes to the frequent flyer program(s).
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
They finally got the email out to the Asia WP members yesterday about the host of new fees. While the increase in redeposit fee to $100 is listed, the fact that Plats will have to pay this effective 01Mar2009 is NOT mentioned. Gotta love it, don't like the reaction they got in the US, so just don't mention it in Asia. I wonder when they will drop that bomb?

This is really starting to make me think about my trip next week to London and Zurich. The ticket is around $7k in WBC on NW/KL, similar on other carriers. I wanted to bring my wife along on an award, not sure if I want to come home Sunday or Monday and of course once this fee stupidity kicks in that would cost $100. To NW I have this to say, the $100 you want to extract from me is more than offset by the $7k revenue seat. And by the way, it's not as if the seat on Sunday will even be sold if we give it up in advance... we all know that there are plenty of empty seats in WBC right now. We pretty much always have a pricey paid WBC ticket along with whatever award ticket we are making last minute changes to. I picked NW in large part because I thought they did a nice job of insuring my wife could travel along with me on trips and have same/similar flexibility to my paid tix, because inevitably business plans change.

I'm inclined to fly *A, and rack up 425% RDMs on BD with paid business class, at least until I hear some type of response from NW about this silly fee.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by RichMSN
And amazingly, PerkSaver will become available when the close-in ticketing fees kick in. In other words, miles aren't free anymore. And screw you, customers.
You just nailed it. One way or another, they are going to get the damn fee.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
I have 914000 miles. Yes i know i should burn them. I am really tempted to book a bunch of tickets evey week and cancel day of flight. Or do this until March 1st. This is absolutly pathetic.
Congratulations! 914,000 miles is only 86,000 miles short of the two EliteKillerSM business class award tickets to sunny Fort Lauderdale, FL under the new seven tier award structure that will be announced on February 1, 2010. This policy will be introduced to give our valued elite members more flexibility and will automatically be presented to you during the booking process. To view the new awards structure go to www.delta.com/screwyou.

Bob Soukup
Managing Director
WorldPerks Marketing

Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Twice this weekend, I called to complain, and had an agent mention FT to me. Interesting how everybody in Chisholm knows about FT. Either way, the 2nd agent I spoke to stated how they were shown comparative charts, and that the reissue/redeposit fee that Plats will now have to pay is similar to what other airlines charge. Sounds like the DL brainwashing at Chisholm has begun...
I don't know about brainwashing -- I think they're lot of good people trying to hold onto their jobs during a merger in a crappy economy who are saying what they need to in order to stay employed. They probably know about FT from the thank you/holiday party the forum threw for them.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:18 pm

NW/DL BS policy:

Originally Posted by WorldPerks Customer Service Center
Blah, blah, blah -- we have to charge you money because of some made up reason. This is really your own fault.

We recognize that travelers have a choice of airlines and we deeply appreciate those who choose Northwest Airlines and the WorldPerks program. We hope that Northwest Airlines, along with our SkyTeam and other partner airlines, will have the continued privilege of serving your air travel needs.
My reaction:

Originally Posted by OnePass Customer Service Manager
Thank you for contacting the OnePass Service Center. Welcome to OnePass Elite. We have upgraded your OnePass account to Platinum Elite status. Your Elite benefits and privileges are effective immediately and will be valid through February 28, 2010. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your Platinum credentials to arrive. Please visit our website: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...e/default.aspx for complete details about the Elite program. We realize you have a choice of airline carriers and are pleased you decided to choose Continental Airlines and the OnePass program as your airline. We appreciate your participation in the OnePass program and your support of Continental and our partners. We look forward to serving your travel needs again in the near future.
Then I went and booked my next $5,000 worth of trips through March on continental.com. I suppose I could send the itineraries to DL/NW with a letter, but for now I'm just looking out for #1 and taking my business to a company that appreciates it more.

I get my new Continental MasterCard in 7 days. I'm calling to cancel my Northwest Visa now.

See ya Smellta.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 12, 2009, 2:23 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I wonder what DL/NW would think if we were able to charge THEM $100 every time they made a change to our already-confirmed and already-ticketed reservations. "Schedule change"? Lame excuse - you told us the flight times when we booked, so now operate them or pay up. You make us pay for any reason, so we will do the same.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
Congratulations! 914,000 miles is only 86,000 miles short of the two EliteKillerSM business class award tickets to sunny Fort Lauderdale, FL under the new seven tier award structure that will be announced on February 1, 2010. This policy will be introduced to give our valued elite members more flexibility and will automatically be presented to you during the booking process. To view the new awards structure go to www.delta.com/screwyou.

Bob Soukup
Managing Director
WorldPerks Marketing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.