Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:49 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
What do the cards/tags look like?

For those lucky ones who have received their cards, can you let us in on the 'exciting' new design on the cards?

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I got both my 2007 summary and 2007 PE tags/card sometime in the last 3 weeks (I was out of town). Still waiting on the 2008 package.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
No tags or card here. To add insult to injury, my tags from last year were recently stolen right off my bags -- one of them a carry-on that was in a first class bin. No idea how they got them or what they wanted them for. A tag with MY name on it isn't going to make them look spiffy much.

Last edited by peachfront; Feb 15, 2008 at 10:08 am
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by peachfront
No tags or card here. To add insult to injury, my tags from last year were recently stolen right off my bags -- one of them a carry-on that was in a first class bin. No idea how they got them or what they wanted them for. A tag with MY name on it isn't going to make them look spiffy much.
It may just came off your carry-on and possibly still sitting in that overhead bin traveling all over the US
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
I got my 2007 GE card and tags last week, no sign of 2008 yet...
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by BTA
For those lucky ones who have received their cards, can you let us in on the 'exciting' new design on the cards?
2008 looks almost exactly like 2007, except the color is a little lighter and the "hump-to-tail" view of a 747 has been replaced by a "tail and horizontal stabilizer from below" shot of a... something. It's not a DC-9, but I have no idea what it is. It does show the NWA logo much better than the 2007 card picture did. Oh, and the picture has a sort of "halftone" patterned feel to it, too.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I am still waiting on mine also.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation So that's the 787 tie-in!

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Oh, and the picture has a sort of "halftone" patterned feel to it, too.
Someone just whispered to me that the composite skin of the 787 has that same sort of patterned look to it. So this patterning on the card would be the fulfillment of last October's prophecy:

Originally Posted by NW scoop
There will be an "element" of the card that includes the 787.
This other one, though, may have turned out to be a little inaccurate:

Originally Posted by thezipper
those of you in the 2% Club will actually know it... I heard it's getting printed on a few cards this year...
In actuality, it's printed in that letter you all just threw away without reading it. Quick! To the bat-trashcan!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Never get mine in the first wave, but I came back from FSD today to find mine waiting. Almost needed the card on Wednesday when DL's wonderful computer system classified me in boarding zone 7 (despite properly recognizing my WP status). Luckily the DL GA was literate.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:55 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
2008 Elite Packet Arrived!!

Dan... it's actually printed on the card this year.... honestly! And they are being delivered in an interesting way...

My packet arrived today by carrier pigeon... now what am I gonna do with this dang bird?

I'll have full scans of the packet and all it's contents by Monday... including those drink or snack coupons!!!!! (they continue to listen to us!!!)

and those of you in the 2% Club will actually know it... I heard it's getting printed on a few cards this year...
In actuality, it's printed in that letter you all just threw away without reading it. Quick! To the bat-trashcan!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should I expect to be in the back a lot more? ...that's the impression I'm getting from these coupons.
I'll have full scans of the packet and all it's contents by Monday... including those drink or snack coupons!!!!! (they continue to listen to us!!!)
So, having let that particular tabby out of the gunnysack, would you care to comment on my earlier question?
Old Feb 16, 2008, 6:10 am

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
They don't do rolling production of the cards; they all get sent out in late January or February regardless of when you requalified.
Well....not all. I got mine in July last year, despite qualifying in Dec. previous year.
Dave
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:23 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Well... Scoop v1 said they were listening... that some people travel on RJ's ALOT and didn't get the complimentary upgrades that pax who fly mainline did... therefore NW still wanted to reward and retain those flyers... and no there wasn't any talk of black helicopters and reduced upgrades

So, having let that particular tabby out of the gunnysack, would you care to comment on my earlier question?
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Haven't gotten my card yet (PE in Los Angeles) but it makes me sad that this might be my last WP card
Old Feb 16, 2008, 2:13 pm

Nothing yet here either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.