Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

No big deal but my "2007" Annual Summary came in the mail today with no 2008 Elite Card or Luggane Tag and wondering if they fell victim to the budget axe this year.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
I got mine last week.....tags and card included
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I got the annual summary with no card or tags....
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:43 pm
rcs

The annual summary is different and separate from the elite kit (which includes Elite card and luggage tags)
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by rcs
The annual summary is different and separate from the elite kit (which includes Elite card and luggage tags)
exactly.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Allanf
No big deal but my "2007" Annual Summary came in the mail today with no 2008 Elite Card or Luggane Tag and wondering if they fell victim to the budget axe this year.
I know NW Scoop v1 was gone for awhile organizing the printing of the elite cards, so I am sure they will be forthcoming.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I don't have the link to the posting, but NW Scoop v1.1 or whatever we were calling them said that the cards are being mailed earlier than normal this year and implied that they were already processed and on their way. I think we should all be receiving them soon.

I haven't received mine yet and I'm based in Seattle.

-RM
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:32 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
I requalified for plat well before the end of last year, and I have yet to get anything. (Not even an end-of-year summary). Based out of the San Francisco bay area.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by ifette
I requalified for plat well before the end of last year, and I have yet to get anything. (Not even an end-of-year summary). Based out of the San Francisco bay area.
They don't do rolling production of the cards; they all get sent out in late January or February regardless of when you requalified.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by DanTravels
They don't do rolling production of the cards; they all get sent out in late January or February regardless of when you requalified.
...unless you hit a new status threshold during the calendar year, then they will send you your new shiny card in the mail before the batch processing of the whole gang in January/February.

-RM
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
I think when you receive your elite kit has more to do with the peculiarities of USPS' network and the efficiency of your local P.O., more than NWA as sender.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Originally Posted by DanTravels
...unless you hit a new status threshold during the calendar year, then they will send you your new shiny card in the mail before the batch processing of the whole gang in January/February.
Good point - they do rolling production in that case, yeah. Of course, those cards are for that year. When I hit platinum on December 31, 2006, sure enough, I got a platinum elite card in late January that was valid for a whole 5 weeks.

Cards for a new year, for existing elites (which is what we're all waiting for now) would be sent out as I described, I think.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:34 am

NW has an outside contractor print and mail all elite materital for the new year. Mailing is by location, generally starts internationally and in Hawaii and then the continental us. NW intends to have all elite cards mailed by February 13th.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by NV44345
NW has an outside contractor print and mail all elite materital for the new year. Mailing is by location, generally starts internationally and in Hawaii and then the continental us. NW intends to have all elite cards mailed by February 13th.
That's good that Hawaii is getting some love. I've always received my credentials well into late March in years past.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:03 pm

Received summary (291,482 miles earned), but no cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.