Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by thezipper
I'll let you all figure out how to put the luggage tags on... if you have any problems ask a CO Elite, they had something like that a few years back
Reading between the lines, "...but don't any more, because CO elites couldn't figure out how to put the tags on?"
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Pics of the Platinum Elite Packet and enclosed goodies are up....

I'll let you all figure out how to put the luggage tags on... if you have any problems ask a CO Elite, they had something like that a few years back
Umm, don't they put the 2% club info in Gold letters on the card and not black? I smell a fake.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
One thing I noticed was the choice for a WC membership at 160K miles. Was that there last year?

I didn't quite hit 160K, so maybe that's why I didn't notice that choice.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, NCR Emerald; Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by slippahs
Umm, don't they put the 2% club info in Gold letters on the card and not black? I smell a fake.
I think thezipper has too many friends in MSP wanting to get a laugh when they read FT to see the 2% club secret perpetuated even further...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 2:49 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
What "2% Club"? The first rule is... Sort of like the NW Scoop Club... smile

I wonder what the 2% Club translates to over at Delta... but I know I won't be a member there...

Originally Posted by stpaulone
I think thezipper has too many friends in MSP wanting to get a laugh when they read FT to see the 2% club secret perpetuated even further...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh.

My platinum pack actually had some printing that TheZipper's lacked.

I must have done something right.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:00 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
oh... do tell... come on, we're all "friends" here... smile

Originally Posted by DanTravels
My platinum pack actually had some printing that TheZipper's lacked.

I must have done something right.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 5:30 am

I hate to admit it, but I gave up and used last year's straps. I think
Mrs. Exleftseat figured it out, but not this old f..t.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:39 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Pics of the Platinum Elite Packet and enclosed goodies are up....

What, no more plastic loops?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:50 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Finally received mine .. though probably has been sitting in my mailbox for couple of days. I need to check it more often

I noticed the new strap along with the card. With that said, I'll be using last year's strap. It looks more secured IMO.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Arrived in STL yesterday (2/19)! Last year the GE package had a WC guest pass; guess we lost those so you PEs can have a can of pringles!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Now I know why my 2007 tags were stolen, not for my pitiful Gold tags themselves but for the straps! It is too bad, I can't use the 2008 tags because of the new straps. Even my husband, who does all kinds of advanced hardware and software controls for heavy industry, can't see how to make them work.

I think people are being coy about sharing "how to" because they don't know either. I looked in vain in my kit for a hint from Northwest of how to use them, but nothing. They probably don't know either. It's a shame when you're trying to do something nice to impress the customer and you just screw it up this badly. Counterproductive to send tags at all if it's to be a mystery how to attach them. Grumble and mumble.

Next time I go to the airport I'm going to ask the agent at the counter to put on the tags. Who wants to bet on the over/under of how many agents I have to ask before I find somebody who actually knows how? I'm thinking three...

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I hate to admit it, but I gave up and used last year's straps. I think
Mrs. Exleftseat figured it out, but not this old f..t.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Originally Posted by peachfront
I think people are being coy about sharing "how to" because they don't know either. I looked in vain in my kit for a hint from Northwest of how to use them, but nothing. They probably don't know either. It's a shame when you're trying to do something nice to impress the customer and you just screw it up this badly. Counterproductive to send tags at all if it's to be a mystery how to attach them. Grumble and mumble.
This is a great opportunity for someone to demonstrate how smart they are and create a "how-to" guide for the straps! I think pictures will be required!

(and I am usually very good at puzzles! )
Old Feb 20, 2008, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking 2008 Elite Tags HOWTO

I think the confusion is largely due to the slit down the length of the tag strap. The presence of that slit makes people wonder whether they're supposed to stick something through it, or alternately, stick the strap through the "buckle" holes on the broad end.

Guess what? It doesn't matter. You can do either, depending on your personal preferences and what works best for your personal luggage. Here's a photo showing both ways, with an explanation of each way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbirchall/2280464812/

I didn't do a whole series of step-by-step pictures because once you see the tag on a bag, it's fairly obvious how to put the strap into place.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
:cool: My How-To for Luggage Tag

Nothing personal, DanTravels, but I didn't like either of your solutions as I didn't think they were secure enough and the tag could slip off.

So I gave it some more thought

And then I think I figured it out! @:-)

Here is the link to my step-by-step instructions on how to use the 2008 NW Elite Luggage Strap! ^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2398442...50254014/show/

So has anyone else come up with a better solution?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.