Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Elite Card & Luggage Tag?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
no cards here yet but then I never carry it anyways so it doesnt' much matter
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by thezipper
Well... Scoop v1 said they were listening... that some people travel on RJ's ALOT and didn't get the complimentary upgrades that pax who fly mainline did... therefore NW still wanted to reward and retain those flyers... and no there wasn't any talk of black helicopters and reduced upgrades
Ah, okay. I guess it makes sense, now that you put it that way. Especially given how many RJs NW operates in my area...
Old Feb 17, 2008, 1:47 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Dan ... your a special case... smile. But I'm sure the kids will enjoy an extra snack box

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Ah, okay. I guess it makes sense, now that you put it that way. Especially given how many RJs NW operates in my area...
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by socrates
no cards here yet but then I never carry it anyways so it doesnt' much matter
Comes in very handy for WC access, although I suspect they would still accept the 2007 card (though maybe not at partner clubs) for a while.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tomh009
Comes in very handy for WC access, although I suspect they would still accept the 2007 card (though maybe not at partner clubs) for a while.
I'm a lifetime member so while I usually do carry it the few times I've been caught without it they've gladly looked up my status
Old Feb 17, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
If you're lifetime, yes ... me, I'm just relying on ST E+ for club access, and for that they tend to want the card in addition to the BP.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Received mine yesterday, Saturday 2/16.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dan... it's actually printed on the card this year.... honestly! And they are being delivered in an interesting way...

My packet arrived today by carrier pigeon... now what am I gonna do with this dang bird?

I'll have full scans of the packet and all it's contents by Monday... including those drink or snack coupons!!!!! (they continue to listen to us!!!)
Okay - you live like 20 minutes from me - how did you get yours & I still haven't gotten mine? Must be that whole 2% thing...
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
It may just came off your carry-on and possibly still sitting in that overhead bin traveling all over the US
Any chance of getting credit for the miles flown by your tag??

Back on topic: No PE cards here in SEA yet.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:18 pm

As opposed to starting a thread just for this question, this seems to be a decent place to ask something I have always wondered...

If you are elite and getting bag tags, do you actually use them? Why? Why not?

Personally, I don't attach mine. I don't really want random strangers knowing my name or elite status. But I see tons of people that do use the tags.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 5:20 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by shiner
As opposed to starting a thread just for this question, this seems to be a decent place to ask something I have always wondered...

If you are elite and getting bag tags, do you actually use them? Why? Why not?

Personally, I don't attach mine. I don't really want random strangers knowing my name or elite status. But I see tons of people that do use the tags.
Do FT Members Use Their Elite Luggage Tags?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Got my PE packet today (Iowa)
Also had 4 in-flight drink/food coupons. I don't recall seeing that mentioned in this thread before.

Now if I can just figure out how to use the fancy leather straps!

Last edited by youngbru; Feb 19, 2008 at 3:54 pm
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Well, I take my comment above back. The drink/snack coupons were mentioned. But I thought it was in the same category as the carrier pigeon (and mine was not delivered by pigeon!)

Dan... it's actually printed on the card this year.... honestly! And they are being delivered in an interesting way...

My packet arrived today by carrier pigeon... now what am I gonna do with this dang bird?

I'll have full scans of the packet and all it's contents by Monday... including those drink or snack coupons!!!!! (they continue to listen to us!!!)
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: CO
No SE cards for me and I really need it for my trip to WAW. Because on the way back in AMS to use the Elite line they want to see my card or see it on the boarding pass and Lot Ground Services in WAW didn't print my elite status on my boarding pass. It was a KLM agent just a Lot Ground Services boarding pass.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:40 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Pics of the Platinum Elite Packet and enclosed goodies are up....

I'll let you all figure out how to put the luggage tags on... if you have any problems ask a CO Elite, they had something like that a few years back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.