Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Dear Richard Anderclaus (Northwestmas 2004)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Dear Richard Anderclaus,

I've been extremely nice (for once!) all year! I've prepared my Nortwestmas 2003 wish list already so you could have time to prepare, as I know you're a very busy man who travels around the world! I would like:

#1) an early morning flight between DTW and LAX - NW operated an early morning DTW-LAX flight with a B752 until last fall. If the airline can successfully retain its B752 LAS flight, then maybe an LAX flight operated by an A319 would be successful? Or maybe a B753 flying DTW-LAS-LAX? The LAS-LAX segment would connect with LAX-NRT service -- as you know, LAS is popular among Asian tourists (and NW previously operated LAS-NRT + LAS-LAX-NRT, with LAS-LAX on an A320 - the latter flight was dropped right after 9-11). Maybe things will be so successful that NW will fly DTW-LAS-LAX-HNL with a DC-10! No offense, but the current DTW-LAX schedule SUCKS!

#2) two one-way certificates to upgrade from any or additional fares for Platinum Elites - WorldPerks is a great program, but I wish Platinum Elites could enjoy additional international rewards.

#3) the return of DTW-RNO service - My parents love to gamble in Reno, I prefer to ski in Lake Tahoe. NW operated DTW-RNO three times daily when RenoAir served DTW -- of course, fares were sub-$200RT (compared to sub-$400 today!) back then.

- IndustrialPatent

P.S. KLM's Sophie has been VERY NAUGHTY and doesn't deserve anything but ashes!

- - -

There's the three things I want most for Northwestmas 2003 - what's on your list?

(typo in the title - should be 2003, not 2004)

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 10-07-2003).]
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:49 am

My list: Please don't reduce any additional benefits!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:09 am
Original Poster

It's your prerogative . I'll qualify one way or another, so I really don't care ... I'm more concerned about receving early-morning LAX service so I can beat the traffic! LOL
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:30 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
I've been a good FF all year too! Will requalify for Platinum at the end of this month, but will still continue to fly NW for the rest of this year. (Don't think I can make Platinum or even Gold in another program with only 2 months left!)

My Wish List is:

1. Don't buy any more CRJ's. There are already too many of them floating around. If you must buy more jets, please make them ARJ's or 319's, with FC seats on them for us loyal travelers.

2. Bring back the James Page Beer! While you have told your Flight Attendants that there is a "shortage" and it will not be available on all flights, Mesaba seems to have no trouble stocking enough on their flights. At the very least, find some other beer besides Bud and Bud Light.

3. Allow us Platinum folks to use our miles for "space-available" international upgrades.
This system would be quite simple: allow us to exchange, in advance, our miles for some vouchers that we could use to upgrade an international flight, ONLY IF you were not able to sell all of the WBC seats. Maybe 6 hours in advance, we could call and upgrade, and then turn in the voucher at the airport when we checked in for the flight. This would also work great in Amsterdam, because the KLM folks could upgrade us NW Platinums before they "gave away" all of the empty WBC seats to their own Platinum Elites and left us sitting in Row 54!

There's not many days left until Christmas, Richard, so please try hard to fulfill my Wish List! Then we will all have a Happy New Year. Thank You.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 6:11 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
My wish list:

1) Ditto on the CRJs, however if you have to have them, set up a FC section (adjustable like in Europe if needed) that has some extra room (pitch) so that we can work to pay for the high fares to pay for those CRJs.

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mrcimino1:
[b]

My Wish List is:

1. Don't buy any more CRJ's. There are already too many of them floating around. If you must buy more jets, please make them ARJ's or 319's, with FC seats on them for us loyal travelers.

Originally posted by mrcimino1:
...find some other beer besides Bud and Bud Light...</font>
Im a bud and bud light fan, however typciualy dont drink bud on board .

2. Add diet coke or coke light instead of or in addition to pepsi. There is a differeance!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mrcimino1:
...3. Allow us Platinum folks to use our miles for "space-available" international upgrades.
This system would be quite simple: allow us to exchange, in advance, our miles for some vouchers that we could use to upgrade an international flight, ONLY IF you were not able to sell all of the WBC seats. Maybe 6 hours in advance, we could call and upgrade, and then turn in the voucher at the airport when we checked in for the flight. This would also work great in Amsterdam, because the KLM folks could upgrade us NW Platinums before they "gave away" all of the empty WBC seats to their own Platinum Elites and left us sitting in Row 54!.
</font>
Ditto!!

3. Also add a waitlist where you can sign up to be upgraded with miles should the space become clear as departure times nears. Certianly cheaper than calling from Europe or Asia every couple of days.

4. How about another bonus level when you hit 125K miles (The equivilent of Plat+Gold) in the same year?

5. How about getting KLM to cough up inter/intra europe UPGs for Plat or based upon some other critera?

6. How about Plat for life, or gold for life (full benefits, or some sub-set) after accumulating some number of miles (real or eqm) in a specifc period, or say lifetime gold if you have been gold for 10 years or more, lifetime plat if you have been plat for 10 years or more.

7. Allow WBC upgrades with miles to be done via the web so as to not to have to bother your people so they can address other service needs.

8. Allow WP Elites to select eleite seats via the web on reservations not done via the nwa.com web site.

9. Keep the 742s flying on some route for some time for nostalgic sakes to allow those who have not flown on one of the classics to do so.

10. Start flying to Australia (SYD or MEL) via NRT or HNL or LAX so I can use some WP miles to go down under and take Mrs. Hooverer for some shopping (penfolds, etc...) and vacation. .

Hooverer
Old Oct 7, 2003, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I just have 1 thing on my list....

Match CO status so we can all switch to WP
Old Oct 7, 2003, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
My two wishes:

(1) Gradually restore DTW-Shanghai/Beijing nonstop flights, even if only for twice a week. Life is hard for us in Boston going to China which requires layovers in Detroit and Tokyo. UA has nonstop service to Shanghai and Beijing.

(2) Dump that "evil" airline (DL) from the alliance, or at least resist Uncle Leo's idea to match DL/CO's EQM scheme. You are at least smart enough at this point not to follow suit. See how many CO elites you have been getting? I guess you are smiling?

Old Oct 7, 2003, 7:23 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
Dear Richard, hmm Santa!

1. Please put back ARJ for the 8:30PM TYS-MEM flight.

2. Grant wishes, as stated above, to all those Plats and Golds, who are wearing their pants off in NWA seats. They deserve it.

3. Otherwise, do not do anything with NW WP for next 10 years. I, as a lovely Silver, am pretty happy with WP.

[This message has been edited by Jano (edited 10-07-2003).]
Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
I just have 1 thing on my list....

Match CO status so we can all switch to WP
</font>
you took mine! ok...that is my wish too...or at least, please get tough with old Gordo and that buffoon Leo Mullin and tell them that ALL your customers are important to your company's success...and they should learn some things about how NW treats its Elites, if this unholy alliance is to succeed. Maybe CO will rescind its changes and leave DL flapping out in the breeze. If that doesn't work, then please openly comp comparable status from CO and let us come over and enjoy the NW world officially.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 10:42 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Dear Richard Anderclaus,

1) Keep Beth and Russ! - Alot of the industry re-hashes or rarely uses incentives to gain/retain flyers. I think the promotions that WorldPerks have come up with are smart and have captured my attention, as well as many of my colleagues and friends.

2) Make peace with the unions - OK this isn't me the flyer, but me the shareholder talking. Give the unions the ca$h you rightfully owe them and you'll get the major concessions you want. I as a shareholder would rather see this than NW go bankrupt in 2005.

3) Remain forward thinking - I know it would be easy to go along with Gordo and Leo, but stay your own course. In the end you will see where loyalties lie.

3) Peace on earth - and more seats in the "D" & "I" buckets for us Platinums (5 years running!!)

Oh... one last thing... can you have IP let me into the Unofficial FT Country Club

ho ho ho!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Dear Richard Anderclaus:

What I would like in 2004:

** Restore a late-night westbound bank out of DTW. I really miss the circa-1000pm DTW-SEA departure. You used to be able to do a whole business day's work anywhere on the east coast, then fly home on NW. You had a 1000pm MEM-SEA flight in the schedule for awhile, but it's gone now before I had a chance to book it.

** Resist the pressure on WorldPerks from CO/DL. Do so and you'll have loyalists for life. Succumb and you'll see a bunch of people like us succumbing to AirTran, or JetBlue, or whatever. Not much middle ground there.

** Put an A330 on SEA-AMS.

** Make peace with the unions. It would be tragic to see this airline, which is clearly ascendant and clearly the most pro-customer US major since 9/11, kneecapped by labor action. Don't be the next UA.

[This message has been edited by BearX220 (edited 10-07-2003).]
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL, AA
I have but two, with one left for a later date.
*Don't follow DL's lead (and CO's follow) re: changes to WP! WP is great as it is! Look at all the DL and CO elites you're getting!
*Make peace with the unions. (Related Term, see United)
*TBA
Old Oct 7, 2003, 2:01 pm

Well Mr IP you seem to have an knack for starting interesting threads (I wish I could, but I am a bandwagon joiner.

My wish all of the above and........... movies on west coast flights
Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond
International mileage upgrades on reasonable fares. Sucks flying domestic F then international Y, but I must say the reverse makes the overwater Y easier.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
DC-10 service DTW-LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.