FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear Richard Anderclaus (Northwestmas 2004)
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:04 am
IndustrialPatent

Dear Richard Anderclaus (Northwestmas 2004)

Dear Richard Anderclaus,

I've been extremely nice (for once!) all year! I've prepared my Nortwestmas 2003 wish list already so you could have time to prepare, as I know you're a very busy man who travels around the world! I would like:

#1) an early morning flight between DTW and LAX - NW operated an early morning DTW-LAX flight with a B752 until last fall. If the airline can successfully retain its B752 LAS flight, then maybe an LAX flight operated by an A319 would be successful? Or maybe a B753 flying DTW-LAS-LAX? The LAS-LAX segment would connect with LAX-NRT service -- as you know, LAS is popular among Asian tourists (and NW previously operated LAS-NRT + LAS-LAX-NRT, with LAS-LAX on an A320 - the latter flight was dropped right after 9-11). Maybe things will be so successful that NW will fly DTW-LAS-LAX-HNL with a DC-10! No offense, but the current DTW-LAX schedule SUCKS!

#2) two one-way certificates to upgrade from any or additional fares for Platinum Elites - WorldPerks is a great program, but I wish Platinum Elites could enjoy additional international rewards.

#3) the return of DTW-RNO service - My parents love to gamble in Reno, I prefer to ski in Lake Tahoe. NW operated DTW-RNO three times daily when RenoAir served DTW -- of course, fares were sub-$200RT (compared to sub-$400 today!) back then.

- IndustrialPatent

P.S. KLM's Sophie has been VERY NAUGHTY and doesn't deserve anything but ashes!

- - -

There's the three things I want most for Northwestmas 2003 - what's on your list?

(typo in the title - should be 2003, not 2004)

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 10-07-2003).]