Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Dear Richard Anderclaus (Northwestmas 2004)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Richard Anderclaus (Northwestmas 2004)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Another for the list,

Create a way to roll over excess EQM and put into a bucket for the following year, future use.

Oh, yes, keep Beth and Russ!
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:05 pm

-All of the above (esp. the international upgrade part)

-Also, let the reservations made with agents show up on "my info" of nwa.com, and allow the seats to be chosen online for those flights. Also give reservations agents the ability to see any "iteneraries" that were saved on nwa.com.

Zeus
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:16 am
mdb

How about a non-stop DTW - NCE....
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
I like IP's list...only I'd like to add one thing... Ireland! Or at least ask KLM to service it on their own metal so we aren't stuck with having to use CO to get there and get miles!

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Since this is a wish list...

1. Resume ORD-NRT
2. Heineken on board

Old Oct 8, 2003, 11:07 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ORDguy:
2. Heineken on board
</font>
Why not make it Grolsh

Old Oct 8, 2003, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've only been truly flying NW for about 2 years and have been a member of WP for only 3, but I've got over 100,000 banked miles and just made Silver. My wishes for NW (some are repeats from above) :

1) Movies on longer domestic flights (or at least TV) - I'll be honest here, I don't mind flying the CO operated flights because they've got movies & TV (and I'm too poor to afford a portable DVD player or laptop!)

2) Coke products (For some reason I have an aversion to the Pepsi brand!)

3) No Changes in the way that DL and CO have gone. About a year and a half ago is when I truly started "frequent" flying and I didn't go with Delta because I was warned against them. AA was too expensive for the destination that I wanted to go on my first international flight. UA was good from what I had heard, but NW and CO beat the fare by over 150 bucks. Since I already was earning miles on NW via Sprint, I figured that I should fly them too. Now I'm a hooked loyalist - I've invested my time and monies to fly your airline and I would hate to see it change.

4) Keep up the promos One of the fun things about NW is that hey have fun promotions which (obviously) increase loyalty. I had a great time doing the FFF3 bar crawl the night before a vacation on NW with 7 friends - all to earn the extra 10K miles!

5) Cheaper flights out of DCA I do the drive to BWI, but I'd rather fly out of DCA (or even IAD) - BWI is a horrible airport! I realize that its because SW is there and b/c DCA has the distance restrictions, but if you guys would drop the prices at DCA, you'd have A LOT more satisfied customers - yeah, it may create a price war, but all of your customers in the DC area that have to make the trek out to BWI would be happier - check the records - are most of your BWI customers from DC, VA, and Montgomery County? If so, DCA is the preferred airport!

That's about it for me!

[This message has been edited by bhatnasx (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">2) Coke products (For some reason I have an aversion to the Pepsi brand!)</font>
You wouldn't if you knew how bad Coke is in countries were it can get away with abusing workers, the environment, and it's customers. But that's OMNI material.

My only wish: INTERNATIONAL UPGRADES!
I am shifting some flying to * this year and next, because LH will give me certs, and it will allow me to upgrade with miles any time I feel like it. NW could really make up some ground here.

[This message has been edited by notsosmart (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:50 pm
mdb

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by notsosmart:

My only wish: INTERNATIONAL UPGRADES!
I am shifting some flying to * this year and next, because LH will give me certs, and it will allow me to upgrade with miles any time I feel like it. NW could really make up some ground here.

[This message has been edited by notsosmart (edited 10-08-2003).]
</font>
YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

I'll add to my list:

more domestic widebody flying - put the DC-10 on high-density routes again; operate a B744 between DTW & MSP for repositioning purposes as you did before.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 11:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:

more domestic widebody flying - put the DC-10 on high-density routes again; operate a B744 between DTW & MSP for repositioning purposes as you did before.</font>
And keep the Avro!

Old Oct 11, 2003, 12:56 pm

how bout starting a westcoast-Aussie nonstops flight ? too much to wish?
Old Oct 11, 2003, 2:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndustrialPatent:
I'll add to my list:

more domestic widebody flying - put the DC-10 on high-density routes again; operate a B744 between DTW & MSP for repositioning purposes as you did before.
</font>
The ONLY time I was ever in FC on a 747 and a DC10. I really miss that. Almost worth going thru DTW from MSP just for that
Old Oct 11, 2003, 4:16 pm

Partner with someone who flies to Australia, New Zealand, or Nandi/Fiji. All of my miles are worldperks but I the flights I need them for most are usually MEM-LAX-somewhere in the south pacific.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 12:46 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thezipper:
Oh... one last thing... can you have IP let me into the Unofficial FT Country Club </font>
I missed this comment .

The Unofficial FlyerTalk Country Club is temporarily closed but should reopen soon -- the next meeting shall be at the main DTW WorldClub since we're spoiled and want the best of the best. IP needs to purchase a WorldClub membership first, though LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.