Search

Coronavirus in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Yep the Omicron has arrived in Skane (probably from Denmark ).
Many things come into Skane from Denmark , but some things also come into Skane from places further north — as in from Gothenburg and Stockholm/Uppsala.

The bigger university places in Sweden seemed to get this stuff earlier or earlier in greater concentrations than the rest of the country. [Orebro even got US-rooted Covid-19 spread early on in the pandemic.] Which makes me curious if there are any pre-pandemic studies showing the common flu variants spreading into and around Sweden with similar patterns to the spread of virus variants causing Covid-19.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:16 am
Suspended

Classic Sweden: US CDC cards good enough for US persons to enter the country but not good enough to attend some events as of tomorrow.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:50 pm
Suspended

First confirmed Omicron variant case in Sweden was in Skane. But Stockholm was second and more or less the same time too for that. Both had a South Africa connection. But this variant was found with someone in the Netherlands who was in the country even before South Africa was aware of Omicron. While Dutch connections with South Africa are more extensive than Swedish connections with the same, my guess is Sweden had this too at about the same time as the Netherlands.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I was updated the wiki for entry requirements for Japan this morning, and noticed that Sweden jumped directly to 6 days of government managed hotel quarantine plus the remaining 8 at home due to omicron variant concerns. Just skipped the 3 day step, but still, are things moving that fast in Sweden? Kind of stopped looking.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Classic Sweden: US CDC cards good enough for US persons to enter the country but not good enough to attend some events as of tomorrow.
What kind of events.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was updated the wiki for entry requirements for Japan this morning, and noticed that Sweden jumped directly to 6 days of government managed hotel quarantine plus the remaining 8 at home due to omicron variant concerns. Just skipped the 3 day step, but still, are things moving that fast in Sweden? Kind of stopped looking.
There was a case of omicron. I also think the numbers are going up but covid doesn't seem to be important to people anymore so it's not really big news.
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
There was a case of omicron. I also think the numbers are going up but covid doesn't seem to be important to people anymore so it's not really big news.
I was trying to see if GOJ was loosing their calm, and maybe if only one case sent Sweden directly to 6 days. That should normally just be 3, but maybe on a governmental level more is known.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was trying to see if GOJ was loosing their calm, and maybe if only one case sent Sweden directly to 6 days. That should normally just be 3, but maybe on a governmental level more is known.
There are multiple Omicron infections in Sweden. The initial two confirmed cases with Omicron identified — cases split between Stockholm and Skane — have what I suspect are likely to be clusters of the same around them that haven’t been sequenced.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:58 am
Suspended

Sweden is deciding about pushing out new guidelines and restrictions this month to address another wave of Covid-19 infections.

This comes after Tegnell has said Sweden will stay the course despite Omicron.

Originally Posted by feysul
What kind of events.
Some public events and activities that expect to have 100 or more attendees.

And Sweden has been lining up legislation for requiring health passports for restaurants’ customers. Given Sweden generally doesn’t recognize CDC cards for domestic purposes: if that legislation passes muster, becomes law and ends up applied, this may make things interesting for US visitors to Sweden unless Sweden changes course in a way.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 2, 2021 at 2:52 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:01 am

This rule appears to follow the pre-1809 borders of Sweden: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33776249-post5965.html
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Im a new user
This rule appears to follow the pre-1809 borders of Sweden: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33776249-post5965.html
Thank you for that window into Sweden’s potential future.

Even pre-1809, the rules were generally not fully harmonized across Sweden’s occupied domains. Sweden still doesn’t seem to take much inspiration from Finland despite the large number of ethnic Finns in Sweden? Maybe he should have flown via CPH where they accepted CDC cards at the lounges.

While I’ve gotten used to being asked for proof of test results or vaccination in parts of SAS’s home markets to use some facilities, in Sweden I’m not yet used to that. But December is young still.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 2, 2021 at 4:16 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Some of the hyperbole here is mildly amusing.

If anyone wants to read up on Sweden pre 1809, I am happy to lend you the excellent book by Herman Lindquist, covering the 700 years leading up to 1809.
https://www.bokus.com/bok/9789173487...d-var-sverige/
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition
Some of the hyperbole here is mildly amusing.

If anyone wants to read up on Sweden pre 1809, I am happy to lend you the excellent book by Herman Lindquist, covering the 700 years leading up to 1809.
https://www.bokus.com/bok/9789173487...d-var-sverige/
Good suggestion, keeping in mind historiography.

I was looking for a suggestion on when and how to request missing hotel stay credit with Nordic Choice hotels during the pandemic in Sweden, not a copy of something duplicate to pair with this classic on my shelves:

Amazon Amazon

But if the going price is $170+ ….. I would be remiss to deprive another of a duplicate of that valuable book too.
intuition likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 2, 2021 at 5:02 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:26 am

I was looking for a suggestion on when and how to request missing hotel stay credit with Nordic Choice hotels during the pandemic in Sweden, not a copy of something duplicate to pair with this classic on my shelves:

https://www.amazon.com/History-Swede...rman+Lindqvist

But if the going price is $170+ ….. I would be remiss to deprive another of a duplicate of that valuable book too.
When Amazon.se opened, a number of sellers made the mistake of assuming that 1 SEK = 1 EUR and therefore some items were very cheap in Sweden. Maybe this is the same error with someone assuming that 1 SEK = 1 USD, making the book very expensive in the United States.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Sweden is deciding about pushing out new guidelines and restrictions this month to address another wave of Covid-19 infections.

This comes after Tegnell has said Sweden will stay the course despite Omicron.

Some public events and activities that expect to have 100 or more attendees.

And Sweden has been lining up legislation for requiring health passports for restaurants’ customers. Given Sweden generally doesn’t recognize CDC cards for domestic purposes: if that legislation passes muster, becomes law and ends up applied, this may make things interesting for US visitors to Sweden unless Sweden changes course in a way.
Maybe they can follow Switzerland's lead and charge people to convert their non-EU type paper vaccination cards online before arrival. Or like France now and offer to do it in person in-country. An easy way for someone to make some extra cash there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.