Coronavirus in Sweden

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Inspired by a negative test result required by anyone to enter Denmark by air, but not by land,
As far as I am aware, you are required to obtain a negative test result no matter how you are entering Denmark. If you are entering Denmark by air, then the airline has to verify the test result. If you are entering Denmark by land or by sea, then the Danish police may request to see the test result, but maybe they do not always bother checking this. When this was introduced, there were complaints from border commuters who would have to be tested everyday.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Coming from CPH to Malmo by train, it appears that Swedish police are even asking a whole lot of Swedish citizens with Swedish national ID cards -- not to be confused with Swedish driving licenses -- to state their personal numbers for the police to key into a mobile device and see if the persons are registered to live in Sweden. This should not be happening at all, since recognized Swedish citizens -- and a Swedish national ID card is as much prima facie evidene of Swedish citizenship as a Swedish passport -- are always admissible into Sweden. Apparently the Swedish police doing border control for traffic from CPH have trouble at times in telling the difference between a Swedish national ID card and a Swedish driver's license and thus have been defaulting to asking ID card-presenters to state their personal numbers for checks.
Why do they ask for the personal number if you present an identity document issued in Sweden? The number is already stated on the identity document so they just need to look at the right place.

Originally Posted by where next
Hi, Can anyone confirm when the ban on UK citizens visiting Sweden comes to an end? UK passport holder but been in Spain for 5 weeks and have a work requirement in Sweden so would like to travel direct from Spainto Sweden. I've seen 31st January and 31st March as possible end dates at the moment. Appreciate this can always be extended again.
I think that the rule currently says that you can't enter Sweden from the UK or Denmark (due to special rules) or from any non-EU/EEA country (due to the EU's general ban on entry during the pandemic). I don't see why direct travel from Spain wouldn't be permitted. I think that both IB's MAD-ARN and VY's BCN-ARN are down to just one weekly flight per route. Try asking the embassy: https://www.swedenabroad.se/madrid
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by where next
Hi, Can anyone confirm when the ban on UK citizens visiting Sweden comes to an end? UK passport holder but been in Spain for 5 weeks and have a work requirement in Sweden so would like to travel direct from Spainto Sweden. I've seen 31st January and 31st March as possible end dates at the moment. Appreciate this can always be extended again.
The ban on travel from the UK is valid to the 31st.

It's all very confusing but I can't say there's ban on UK citizens. It seems clear from the text on the Swedish government site that only someone travelling directly from the UK is affected by the ban. Presumably you should have been rejected by Spain(not taking into account that you travelled during 2020) and once they let you in you can travel to Sweden. .
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by nacho
Why would you want to come to DK now?
A craving for træstammer has been building up plus I really don't want to miss out on that påskebryg. 😊

All joking aside, we're hoping to be there for the birth of our Danish niece's firstborn. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Im a new user
As far as I am aware, you are required to obtain a negative test result no matter how you are entering Denmark. If you are entering Denmark by air, then the airline has to verify the test result. If you are entering Denmark by land or by sea, then the Danish police may request to see the test result, but maybe they do not always bother checking this. When this was introduced, there were complaints from border commuters who would have to be tested everyday.

Why do they ask for the personal number if you present an identity document issued in Sweden? The number is already stated on the identity document so they just need to look at the right place.
For permitted commuters into Denmark from Sweden, a test every 6-7 days now works fine. But it's checked pretty closely from what I've seen. And the 1177 tests are at times rejected by Danish authorities for one or more reason and so some people get sent back from Denmark to Sweden because of test results issues on arrival to Denmark by at least surface transport means.

I think they ask for the personal number because they may think it:

a) is faster/easier for them to key in the personal number into the mobile device that way than if they are holding the presented ID while trying to do so; and/or

b) minimizes the time during which they are in arm's length (or less) distance to any given traveler and thereby the risk of pathogen spread; and/or

c) decreases the risk of pathogen spread if the documents are just flashed without being handed off physically back and forth since ID documents are fomites; and/or

d) another quick way to try to validate that the person presenting a given Swedish ID document is probably who the person claims to be in Sweden.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
The ban on travel from the UK is valid to the 31st.

It's all very confusing but I can't say there's ban on UK citizens. It seems clear from the text on the Swedish government site that only someone travelling directly from the UK is affected by the ban. Presumably you should have been rejected by Spain(not taking into account that you travelled during 2020) and once they let you in you can travel to Sweden. .
UK citizens who relocated to the Schengen area in December 2020 have managed to go to Sweden via Germany or some other Schengen places in recent weeks this year even when the only travel document they had was a UK passport (and maybe a recent Covid-19 test).
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:53 pm

UK citizens who relocated to the Schengen area in December 2020 have managed to go to Sweden via Germany or some other Schengen places in recent weeks this year even when the only travel document they had was a UK passport (and maybe a recent Covid-19 test).
Note that it is not permitted for British citizens to enter Sweden from Denmark, so don't make the mistake of flying to CPH and expecting to take the train to Sweden or flying MAD-CPH-ARN or something. MAD-FRA-ARN probably works, but double-check before booking anything. Once at ARN, you can either take a train or a domestic flight to other parts of Sweden.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho

It's so unpredictable what they are going to ban tomorrow.... Also, what if they fly LH via FRA?
They would need to stop long enough in Frankfurt to get a new corona test. The test taken in UAE is not accepted as a negative test.

After the requirement of having a negative test early January , 33 people have travel from UAE to Denmark, and tested positive in Denmark. That's why they closed the direct flights, and stopped recognising the tests.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The following may be of interest to you.

Denmark is sequencing all coronavirus samples and has an alarming view of the U.K. variant
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ccb_story.html
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Originally Posted by Im a new user
Note that it is not permitted for British citizens to enter Sweden from Denmark, so don't make the mistake of flying to CPH and expecting to take the train to Sweden or flying MAD-CPH-ARN or something. MAD-FRA-ARN probably works, but double-check before booking anything. Once at ARN, you can either take a train or a domestic flight to other parts of Sweden.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was lucky to travel to Spain from the UK last year and travelled day before they shut out non resident UK citizens, (also had negative Covid test) and have been here ever since with family and now work. IB fly 3 time a week so would take a direct flight if possible. As suggested may try the Swedish Embassy in Madrid for final decision/confirmation that i'm crazy. Will update here with any updates as maybe useful for others.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
The following may be of interest to you.

Denmark is sequencing all coronavirus samples and has an alarming view of the U.K. variant
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ccb_story.html
It is behind their pay wall. If it is the Danish 55K cases per day prediction. I have some serious doubts about that. Mainly, why should Denmark get 11 times as high infection rate as the UK, based on a variant that is already prevailing in the UK?

It is pretty aggressive to sequence all samples. But it will give a lot of data for future research.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Hi,

I'm planning a short trip to Stockholm in the next weeks. My home country now impose a PCR test for EU arrivals even for its own citizens.

Where can I get a PCR test in Stockholm with results in less than 72h ? As a non-swedish/non-resident, I only find very expensive private labs (like 1500/2000SEK).

Many thanks
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:05 am
Suspended

As of the 22nd of January, Sweden's reported Covid-19 running death total is 11,005 people
As of the 21st of January, Sweden's reported Covid-19 running death total was 10,921 people
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IstKong
Hi,

I'm planning a short trip to Stockholm in the next weeks. My home country now impose a PCR test for EU arrivals even for its own citizens.

Where can I get a PCR test in Stockholm with results in less than 72h ? As a non-swedish/non-resident, I only find very expensive private labs (like 1500/2000SEK).

Many thanks
The costs are anywhere from 500 SEK to 3000 SEK in the country. You may have to call around closer to departure too, even after you locate a place that does currently turn them around fast enough for you since there can be delays/backlogs more on some days than others depending on which place is used and when.

Consider the possibilities -- of an extended visit -- if the results do not come back in time to meet a deadline.

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/...-certificates/
IstKong likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
The costs are anywhere from 500 SEK to 3000 SEK in the country. You may have to call around closer to departure too, even after you locate a place that does currently turn them around fast enough for you since there can be delays/backlogs more on some days than others depending on which place is used and when.

Consider the possibilities -- of an extended visit -- if the results do not come back in time to meet a deadline.

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/...-certificates/
Well, considering the price, I will instead consider doing ARN-FRA/ZRH then hope on the train to France a be tested for free there
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:24 pm

https://www.svd.se/larare-tvingades-ta-av-munskydd

Instead of making masks mandatory, masks are apparently prohibited in schools in Hallandia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.