Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
The last 3 times I rented from SJC, I got a Buick Encore, Buick LaCrosse, Nissan Maxima.. all from the executive aisle.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:39 pm

Exclamation

2016-11-25 (Black Friday) morning 9 a.m.
ES - empty
EA - 1xSonata, 1xCompass, 1xAscent
The whole lot is almost empty.
PCAR/FCAR/SmallSUV... lots fully empty.

Fortunately I had a PCAR reservation. Even though I have an executive status, I definitely prefer to make a safe bet for such days.

Had to talk with an attendant.
Got offered convertible, not a good choice for a ski trip.
Got offered Ford Explorer (the only part of the lot with cars was 7-seaters), not a good choice for 2 people.
Finally, they were able to pull Chrysler 300c which I took. One of the worst PCAR options in my opinion but still well better then Sonata I would have should I make a Aisle reservation.

2016-11-27 Sunday 9 a.m. On return had a look on aisles. Both are full of cars. Yet no single PCAR at executive section or PCAR section. There was 50/50 mix of FCARs and small SUVs on ES.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
ES has been pretty abysmal the last couple of monday mornings for me. Tons of small SUVs and minivans. A small smattering of sedans like Altimas. Took a Chevy last week and didn't realize until after I had loaded it up that it wasn't even push button start/keyless entry

Got fed up with it this morning and asked if they had any Buicks (I've seen them in the aisle there before, but not often). They checked around but couldn't find any. Eventually offered me a Volvo station wagon or Lincoln MKZ from the premium area. Took the MKZ. Certainly a nice gesture, but I don't know why the aisle always seems to be so poorly stocked with non-stripped down sedans. Really all I want is something where I can permanently leave my key in pocket that isn't an Altima (I just don't like the way they drive)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have a pick-up scheduled for 12/20 for a trip to Tahoe.

I am looking for a full size SUV like a Suburban, what are my chances of snatching one of these?

Also what time would be best to arrive to pick up, was thinking around 11am as its a week leading upto a holiday week I think it should not be that busy.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have a pick-up scheduled for 12/20 for a trip to Tahoe.

I am looking for a full size SUV like a Suburban, what are my chances of snatching one of these?

Also what time would be best to arrive to pick up, was thinking around 11am as its a week leading upto a holiday week I think it should not be that busy.
You won't find a full size SUV on the aisle. They get pulled off for reservations. Been like that for the past 2 winters that I've rented there.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
If i book into the standard SUV class (thats biggest I can find with National) whats the chances of me getting Larger SUV such as the Suburban?

Need to hold 7 passengers and luggage.

I already own an X5 and I am not taking that due to the luggage capacity issues, the last thing I want is to get something similar sized like the explorer.

Originally Posted by kxc262
You won't find a full size SUV on the aisle. They get pulled off for reservations. Been like that for the past 2 winters that I've rented there.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:50 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
If i book into the standard SUV class (thats biggest I can find with National) whats the chances of me getting Larger SUV such as the Suburban?

I already own an X5 and I am not taking that due to the luggage capacity issues, the last thing I want is to get something similar sized like the explorer.
Unlikely. You'd probably be able to negotiate a per-day upcharge if it's critical to get that kind of vehicle. Or you may want to look at other options, like a minivan.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:48 pm

Standard SUV isn't the biggest. I can book Luxury SUV (Navigator).
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC

If standard SUV is the biggest you can book, then you definitely won't find a suburban on aisle since its sold out, even on reservation.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:59 pm

Today at 4 pm:
Lot is almost empty, 3 x Lcars, 1 x Suv, 3 x 7-seater SUV, 0 x PCAR.

EA: Elantra, Sonata, Compass
ES: 2xSonata

Fortunately, I had a LCAR reservation (even though I have an executive level) so I've got an ATS 2.0t from Luxary lot, there was also Q50 on LCAR spot but an attendant claimed that I'm not eligible for it :-(. ATS seems to be not the best entry but still way better then Sonata from ES :-)
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:54 pm

6:50pm @12/28
EA - 4x Elantra, 1 Juke
ES - 1x Charger, 1x Impala new body, 1x Camero hardtop, 1x Rogue.

Everything else pulled off off the aisle for reservations. Return agent said no cars available so slim pickings. Even reserve selection was pretty empty.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:48 pm

Stopped by SJC this morning around 9:30am - Lot was full
EA - the usual suspects of midsize cars and Fiat XL
ES - Nothing spectacular - Impalas, Fusions, Sonatas, Chargers, 1x 300C and 1x Challenger V8 Hemi

Overflow row was full and looked like the Google Cloud conference just ended so lots of cars available.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kxc262
Stopped by SJC this morning around 9:30am - Lot was full
EA - the usual suspects of midsize cars and Fiat XL
ES - Nothing spectacular - Impalas, Fusions, Sonatas, Chargers, 1x 300C and 1x Challenger V8 Hemi

Overflow row was full and looked like the Google Cloud conference just ended so lots of cars available.
I have been increasingly unimpressed with the SJC selection. Every Monday I get there and is the same mundane junk. I repeatedly end up in a Ford Fusion Hybrid, and after I get to my office I realize why I hate them. While they are push button start, they still require you to take the key out to lock/unlock the doors and open the trunk. I can't imagine who thought that was a good design decision. You obviously already have the near-field stuff built in, why only put it on the ignition?

And last week I got one that had been smoked in and didn't realize it until later in the day (yeah, I should have noticed it earlier).

I would be super happy if they would just put a Buick, any Buick on the aisle. Other stations do, but it is super rare at SJC. Mostly Fusions, Sonatas without keyless, and Altimas (which I have had terrible luck with - had to return 2 of them in one week because of problems), and bunch of SUVs and minivans which I just don't want as its just me.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:25 am

Are there 7 seater minivans available often here? I have a few free days from the 1 2 free promotion and want to use them for a 7 seater minivan for a snowboarding trip and need the car before 4 pm on a Friday in a few weeks. I know minivans are usually the last to go, but I'm wondering if they have them here and what are my chances with the EA/ES? Should I just directly book the minivan instead? (Hopefully not... want to use my free days)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by santokiya
Are there 7 seater minivans available often here? I have a few free days from the 1 2 free promotion and want to use them for a 7 seater minivan for a snowboarding trip and need the car before 4 pm on a Friday in a few weeks. I know minivans are usually the last to go, but I'm wondering if they have them here and what are my chances with the EA/ES? Should I just directly book the minivan instead? (Hopefully not... want to use my free days)
I have found them before on the aisle. I would ask the greeter when you arrive to see if they will let you take it on midsize rate. Have a back up reservation though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.