Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:41 pm

I reserved Luxury (free day redemption) last week. Not sure if that is the same category but I had a choice of Cadillac XTS or Lincoln MKZ.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody ever reserved a "premium"? Know what they have? Any better than aisle stuff? Only a few bucks more for me.
Funny you should ask. I’ve been reserving Premiums at SJC for the last few months and it’s a mixed bag depending on who is at the booth. I’ve had good luck being given a luxury if I arrive in the morning (Audi, Lincoln, Mercedes, etc). But there is one woman who is there in the evening that is a real pain. I think she is actually assigned to Alamo. Arrived Monday evening this week with a Premium reservation. She looks me up, says “premium car” and then points me to the aisle and says there are some Maximas in there. Grrrrr! That really annoyed me as I literally could have spent less and picked the same car from the Aisle which just seems wrong. I know it’s the car class I reserved, but it still doesn’t seem right. The most annoying thing was that as I grumbled off towards a Maxima, I got a very sarcastic “Have a nice day” from her
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Funny you should ask. I’ve been reserving Premiums at SJC for the last few months and it’s a mixed bag depending on who is at the booth. I’ve had good luck being given a luxury if I arrive in the morning (Audi, Lincoln, Mercedes, etc). But there is one woman who is there in the evening that is a real pain. I think she is actually assigned to Alamo. Arrived Monday evening this week with a Premium reservation. She looks me up, says “premium car” and then points me to the aisle and says there are some Maximas in there. Grrrrr! That really annoyed me as I literally could have spent less and picked the same car from the Aisle which just seems wrong. I know it’s the car class I reserved, but it still doesn’t seem right. The most annoying thing was that as I grumbled off towards a Maxima, I got a very sarcastic “Have a nice day” from her
Nice to know! I'm not arriving in the morning, so hopefully I don't meet the woman.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:45 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Terrible experience on 6/28. Ms. Thu accosts you and says look for car on this asile (slightly to the right of the exec lot signs)

Nissan Altima (lots)
Dodge Ram (lots)
​​​Dodge Challenger
Ford Fusion
Toyota Camry

I ask where the SUVs are. Told in no uncertain terms all SUV are upgrade. Asked another EH team member and told that on weekends they hold back "7 seaters"

Very unpleasant.

Took an almost new Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium. Decent, but limited trunk space due to hybrid battery.

Drove 1000miles got 38mpg.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Noonish 6/27, got a 7 seater Durango GT with under 900 miles on ES. Pretty happy with it.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Nissan Altima (lots)
Dodge Ram (lots)
​​​Dodge Challenger
Ford Fusion
Toyota Camry
I was here a few days later and can confirm the selection was very similar to what you described.

Worth noting that there were no less than 10 brand new 2019 Altima's (which are a brand new model). There were a few different trim levels to choose from:
- S (no rear badge)
- SR ("SR" on rear badge)
- SL ("SL" on rear badge)

Highly recommend the SL trim which is one level away from top trim and includes a very decent amount of features, including radar cruise with auto steer, which works almost as good as Mercedes auto steer.. very impressive. If you're looking for a sedan, this is a good one.
AMRivlin likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by sfmman2000
I was here a few days later and can confirm the selection was very similar to what you described.

Worth noting that there were no less than 10 brand new 2019 Altima's (which are a brand new model). There were a few different trim levels to choose from:
- S (no rear badge)
- SR ("SR" on rear badge)
- SL ("SL" on rear badge)

Highly recommend the SL trim which is one level away from top trim and includes a very decent amount of features, including radar cruise with auto steer, which works almost as good as Mercedes auto steer.. very impressive. If you're looking for a sedan, this is a good one.
I found the bluetooth phone feature on the new Altimas is not useable. Others cannot hear me. Did you have that experience?
Had SR model
AMRivlin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:05 pm

The customer service really has gone downhill. Reserved a premium, the older man showed me to a Chevy Impala on the aisle, which is definitely not a premium vehicle (they may call it that, but we all know better). No Maxima on the aisle.
So after I asked why I would pay more to reserve a premium versus a mid-size when I get the exact same thing he explained on no vehicle days they would have it pulled off to the side for me (I find that actually not true, on low/no vehicle days they may still have no vehicle for you. I reserved a convertible in SAN, on a low vehicle day, and when I arrived there was no vehicle for me).
So he directed me to his manager, and I explained and he said he would try to help me but didn't understand why I was bashing him (saying the Impala is not a premium vehicle? I cannot figure out if he genuinely believes that or not).
Anyway, he ended up giving me a Cadillac. I left with a bad taste, as they simply don't care about elite customers.

EE in San Jose is only good if you want large pickup trucks-that's my conclusion. SF has a better selection and nicer people, except then you get hit with that Airtrain surcharge.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:57 pm

I've been getting good luck at SJC lately, and I am a mere exec from Amex Plt.

My last few:
Nov '18 - did not see a car I like, got upgraded to BMW 430 cabrio from the Elite aisle
Dec '18 - did not see car I like, got upgraded to Audi Q5 from the Elite aisle. Could have picked an Evoque if I wanted to.
Mar '18 - Toyota 4Runner fully loaded, that thing is a real truck IMO.
May '18 - CX5, fully loaded
Jul '18 - Durango R/T, V8 Hemi. This thing is hilarious. It is an AWD mini van on stilt with Hemi V8 and loud exhaust on Sports mode, with fully decked out interior. I bet there's some bypass valve on the muffler. There was an Infiniti QX80, at least 1 Mustang cabrio and a Jeep Rubicon too.
m907 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:35 pm

Altimas, Fusions, a stray pickup truck or two earlier this afternoon. Boring and basically confirms the earlier report that SUVs are held back, although while I was walking up and down the aisle, a worker drove up with a GMC Acadia. It's pretty loud but drives OK.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by davie355
Altimas, Fusions, a stray pickup truck or two earlier this afternoon. Boring and basically confirms the earlier report that SUVs are held back, although while I was walking up and down the aisle, a worker drove up with a GMC Acadia. It's pretty loud but drives OK.
Very much dependent on time of day. Monday morning is usually packed with SUVs that I don't want. This past Monday there was even an Infiniti SUV. I've had times I had to wait to even have a sedan available (usually late evening to early night)
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Nice to know! I'm not arriving in the morning, so hopefully I don't meet the woman.
I wonder if this is the same woman I’ve had the displeasure of meeting twice at drop off.

She’s just very unpleasant compared to all the rest of the staff.

Anybody have ideas on how to get her fired?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by davie355
I wonder if this is the same woman I’ve had the displeasure of meeting twice at drop off.

She’s just very unpleasant compared to all the rest of the staff.

Anybody have ideas on how to get her fired?
Maybe retraining. Complaints through traditional and social channels usually help.

Getting someone fired should not be the goal. This is her livelihood. Who knows if she has other things going on in her life (children she has to feed, medical bills for her parents).

I hope I never rub you the wrong way.

-J.
m907 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Getting someone fired should not be the goal. This is her livelihood. Who knows if she has other things going on in her life (children she has to feed, medical bills for her parents).
I think that is a very dangerous thing to say. If an air traffic controller has issues going on, should they still be working?
Of course, you would respond saying she doesn't do anything important. Well, the most important thing in her job is taking care of the customers, which she doesn't do.

Is a Communist system better, where nobody gets a choice of what they do or do not do? People should be good at their jobs. If they aren't, they shouldn't be doing them. "Retraining" is a great keyword but in reality I think few people re-train well. It is like remediation. How many students do it voluntarily versus forced? And when it is forced does it actually work?
I'd venture to say most adults don't learn well. Not because they cannot but they do not.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:02 pm

Does SJC need an intervention? 12:30pm today, Exec aisle is more than half empty. Only sedans and pickups available, not a single crossover or SUV. I picked up a Chevy Malibu which wasn’t cleaned well. There’s a water bottle cap in the center console area, and there are massive white fingerprint smudges on the passenger side interior door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.