Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:23 am

Any recent reports on what's on ES lately? Looking for a larger SUV or minivan for a Tuesday night arrival.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by slariz
Any recent reports on what's on ES lately? Looking for a larger SUV or minivan for a Tuesday night arrival.
I'll answer my own post for those wondering for the future - they had 2 Chrysler Pacifica minivans as well as a couple small SUV's and average full-size cars. Nothing special, but the minivan fit our needs.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:16 pm

ES on Thursday night:
Lot is full but nothing to write home about, typical Altimas and Santa Fes.

The best cars were:
1 x Maxima SV
2 x Impala LT
1 x Edge Titanium

$50 upgrades ($35 for EE):
A6
4-series convertible
CLA (lol)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:51 pm

Cool SJC - National Executive

JUNE 2018 - San Jose, CA

Very limited selection. Executive Aisle looked like a vanilla Emerald Aisle at a bigger airport.
Many Nissan Rogue
Many Ford Fusion (some Hybrids)
Many Hyundai Santa Fe
A strange number of twin cab pickups
3 Camrys
1 Nissan Murano
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
4:30pm today

Aisle was bare bones. Emerald aisle had more cars too but selection was similar.

Lots of pick ups - F150, Rams, Tacoma
Several Fusions, Altimas, Impalas

Asked for a Pacifica off the aisle and was given it. Lots of Suburbans and Tahoes pulled off asking for upgrade.

A6, V60, 2x XT5 pulled off for luxury reservations
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:33 pm

Meh, as usual...

Nothing much to report, vanilla Executive aisle tonight. Most exotic selection was a Challenger. The rest were all misty mid range sedans.

What happened to the Durangos and Jeep Grand Cherokees they used to have in the EE aisle here regularly? I hardly ever see them now.

Also, always odd to me that they have as many pickups as they do in the EE aisle here...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:42 am

Lots of larger vehicles tonight (Sunday 9/16) ~10pm:
- 1x Tahoe LT
- 2x Ford Explorer
- Pick your brand pickup trucks, full-size and compact
- Pick your brand minivans
- Couple other smaller SUVs, Hyundai Santa Fe, saw a Dodge Journey or Durango near the end
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
8:45AM On today (Thursday)
Several pickups in exec + aisle,
Several midsize SUV - ford escape, hyundai tucson
A few large SUV- Nissan Pathfinder, Dodge Durango
1 corvette in exec
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:11 pm

Didn't see any standout sedans today but lot more big vehicles than usual
- 4-5 full size pickups on EA, along with minivans and midsize SUVs
- 2-3 Suburban/YukonXL's on ES
- Nissan Armada, QX80 ok ES
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by missingcolours
Didn't see any standout sedans today but lot more big vehicles than usual
- 4-5 full size pickups on EA, along with minivans and midsize SUVs
- 2-3 Suburban/YukonXL's on ES
- Nissan Armada, QX80 ok ES
I do wish SJC had a better selection of sedans. So often I am underwhelmed and I rent almost weekly there. Sometimes I get frustrated enough I talk to the booth and they can sometimes put me in something from the luxury aisle. I don't need a giant minivan, SUV or truck. Just something that drives nice and quiet and has push button start and doors. The only thing that consistently meets most of that criteria is the Altimas, but I just don't like them.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:30 pm

last Thursday night around 7pm - bland lineup of Impalas, Malibus, Fusions, Equinox etc.

observations:
  • EA had many more vehicles, and they seemed to be just as good if not better than anything on ES.
  • the agent when I returned the car this week was unusually aggressive. Curt, no greeting, and took her sweet time looking over the car's exterior (there was no damage) before printing my receipt. Then condescendingly rambled off a list of things I might have forgotten (sunglasses? phone? charger?) despite the fact my glasses were on my head and phone and charger were in my hand. Then loudly and aggressively directed me to the exit side of the rental car facility. Very odd experience as National agents are every other facility I've rented from were very polite.
SoroSuub1 and Joonydell like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:31 am

Was there mid-morning on 4/20. Both EA and ES had pretty bland lineups - mostly Malibus, Impalas and Altimas. A few small SUV's sprinkled in too, as well as a Dodge Caravan on the ES side, plus a couple of pickup trucks. Found a fully loaded Maxima on ES hiding near the end which I took.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:30 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Came in late on 4/22 and for the first time scored a Camaro, hidden between a couple SUV and trucks. I thought it was just a shell, but when I climbed in and started the car the rumble indicated more. Seems to be a fully configured SS, I can attest to breathaking acceleration, not looking forward to filling the tank, LOL
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
7pm

Executive area lots of 2019 Altima and pickups like F150 and Ram 1500. Saw a Ford Expedition, very tempted but need a pickup.

Got this 2019 Ram Rebel with 3k miles.

Last edited by zoneflyer; Jul 5, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:50 pm

Anybody ever reserved a "premium"? Know what they have? Any better than aisle stuff? Only a few bucks more for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.