Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Cars at SJC

Any recent EA/ES reports from SJC? Specifically I'm looking for Prius sightings. I usually fly to SFO, as my chance at a Prius is running 8 for, 2 against (not including bribes to the car jockeys). SJC is a better flight for me, but if I get to the facility and find the lot filled with crap, I will be unhappy.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
I rented a couple of months ago...in this case (since I needed to drive 6 people), I got a van (Uplander)... I didn't see a Prius in the ES, but I wasn't looking that hard.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA MP
Yes. Had a reservation at SJC earlier this month.

Very, very disappointing

There was practically crap in the EA/ES - mostly high mileage cars . Maybe because I got there late Friday.

So looked around the lot for a while and did see two Prius (they were in the EA). One with over 25,000 miles, and one with about 5,000.

I ended up taking the Prius with 5,000 miles. It did have an awful smell in it - probably because someone smoked in it. And I wasn't going to spend any more time on the lot looking for something and have this go away as well.

Eventually the smell did fade, and I was happy to have saved on the gas ^^.

I hope you have better luck there.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Currently driving one of the nicest cars I have ever rented from National and I picked it up today from SJC. It is a Chevy Tahoe with nice leather interior and about 12k miles on it. The only negative is that the Sat radio is not working. Only the preview and emergency channels are on. What's up with that? They don't pay for the subscription?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by Diamondback
Currently driving one of the nicest cars I have ever rented from National and I picked it up today from SJC. It is a Chevy Tahoe with nice leather interior and about 12k miles on it. The only negative is that the Sat radio is not working. Only the preview and emergency channels are on. What's up with that? They don't pay for the subscription?
I think they generall go with the free trial that comes on the car anyways. It's 6 months iirc. Being that the Tahoe has 12k miles on it, it's probably been in the fleet for that long at least. A couple of years ago when National would re-fleet before the trial period was up, it wasn't a problem...now that cars are being kept longer it's an issue.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
In my experience the selection at SFO is much better than at SJC. But, partly because of that, I've been avoiding SJC for the past two years and so can't comment on current models.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 9:30 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Just picked up at SJC yesterday. Executive Aisle was all Chevy Impalas and Malibus, plus one Grand Marquis. Didn't see what was on the Emerald Aisle, but I decided to take a Pontiac G6 with 5K miles from it.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Anyone been here lately? Is the selection still better at SFO?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
I'm thinking about going to SJC sometime in the near future, and would like to know.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Picked up at SJC a couple of times, and again tomorrow morning. The selection was pretty decent both times I was there (the cars I prefer in descending preference are the Sorrento, Sonata, Charger, Focus(?), and Camry).
Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:34 pm

Decent selection of everything this morning in the ES (but I'll bet you nobody under the age of 70 drives those Grand Marquis unless there's nothing left). I even scored a Sorento.

The rest of the floor (the EA) seemed to be diverse, too.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Has anyone seen 4WD/AWD SUVs at SJC ES/EA? thinking of getting one for weekend ski trip.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:43 pm

Tues 11/19 around 1115 ES was bare (first workday after MLK holiday); most stalls were empty, and all that were left were Grand Marquis and Minivans. Asked one of the attendants to find something nicer, and they were pulling in a few MKZs (one of which I snagged ).
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
2/15/11:

Mainly minivans and cross-overs in the lot. I finally chose a cross-over, since it had Sirius as well, and the gas mileage wasn't too bad.

The only 'smaller' cars were a Dodge Charger that someone already claimed, and some prowlers.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
2/15/11:

Mainly minivans and cross-overs in the lot. I finally chose a cross-over, since it had Sirius as well, and the gas mileage wasn't too bad.

The only 'smaller' cars were a Dodge Charger that someone already claimed, and some prowlers.
SJC had Prowlers?!!

Surely you don't mean the Plymouth Prowlers.

Any other recent experiences at SJC? Trying to determine whether to fly into SFO or SJC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.