Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:59 pm

Last time I was there they had a single BMW 530i pulled off where they usually keep the luxury cars. In general their luxury fleet is typical for National but due to covid you may not get much of a selection.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
SJC tends to be more stingy than SFO IMO. Even before COVID, I would book lux and they would only offer Caddys consistently. Really hit or miss depending on the greeter.
Ordpc and Explorer520 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:09 pm

Been to SJC twice recently. Each time ES had exactly one car (Dodge Ram, then Dodge Challenger) and EA had 1-2 Chrysler Voyagers. Was told by the greeter that everything else was reserved (which was really just a few large SUVs and a couple BMW/Audi, barely any cars in the National/Alamo area at all).​​​​​​
Explorer520 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:21 am

This evening:
Executive
-Challenger (Nice blue color but sadly not R/T)
-Charger
-Camaro Convertible
-Infiniti Q50

and some SUVs

Better and more fun selection compared to Hertz even thought Hertz has more cars on the lot

Not a bad selection. B
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:48 am

Wed evening, National ES had:
- Assorted generic sedans
- Chevy Blazer
- Jeep Wrangler hard top
- 2x Pacifica/Voyager minivans
- Camaro convertible (V6)

Noticed the reserved section had a few 2021 Suburbans and an F-150 Platinum (haven't seen one of those since pre-covid).
Klrduks and Explorer520 like this.

Last edited by missingcolours; Dec 3, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Old Jan 22, 2021, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Any update on SJC? I may be renting there soon... or for half the price I could go to Fox (yikes).

-J.
Auto Enthusiast and kxc262 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:48 am

Almost every visit to National SJC in the past few months has been "26 Nissan Sentras and sometimes a Jeep Wrangler or a Charger, or very occasionally a V6 Camaro"

Today on the other hand:
ES- 1x Chrysler Voyager
EA- 2x Chrysler Voyager, Camry, 1 other sedan (I think it was a Sentra)
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:44 pm

I live neer SJC and need a 4-wheel drive car for a ski trip, does anybody who has been there recently have any thoughts on the chances of finding on the executive aisle at SJC? I could reserve at SFO where as I understand there is generally a wider selection, but it is much farther for me...
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by lewinr
I live neer SJC and need a 4-wheel drive car for a ski trip, does anybody who has been there recently have any thoughts on the chances of finding on the executive aisle at SJC? I could reserve at SFO where as I understand there is generally a wider selection, but it is much farther for me...
Hey, fellow live-near-SJC.
If you'd take a Jeep Wrangler, your odds are moderately low. If not, they're basically zero. IDK if SFO will be any better, haven't been to National there since Covid stayed, but at SJC I would definitely reserve what you want if it's not a Nissan Sentra.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:34 am

Saturday Morning

Saturday Morning. Some of the more "interesting" stuff, more or less cars in this range. I think it's a good variety of cars unless you are looking for something sporty or luxury.

joepa26 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't rent from an airport if you live nearby. You will save major $$ renting somewhere they don't assess airport fees and taxes.
kxc262 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:23 pm

So I got a Ford Explorer Limited from the executive aisle, quite a nice car. It was the only one there.
joepa26 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't rent from an airport if you live nearby. You will save major $$ renting somewhere they don't assess airport fees and taxes.
In general this is true, but few city locations have an executive aisle which I understand means I will get exactly the level of car I reserve rather than having an ability to choose something much nicer from a reasonable selection.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
In general this is true, but few city locations have an executive aisle which I understand means I will get exactly the level of car I reserve rather than having an ability to choose something much nicer from a reasonable selection.
You can rent locally at Redwood City and just swap it at SJC.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So I got a Ford Explorer Limited from the executive aisle, quite a nice car. It was the only one there.
Good score.
An option which is currently nonexistent at most airport locations as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.