Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by KS530
Has pickup on the C side started yet? If so i am guessing A B would still have a greater selection…
No, currently the only rental car company with vehicles at C is Sixt. I've heard rumors that Hertz is going to start this month, National and Avis next month. I'll believe it when it happens.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 10:20 am

Saw a A220 Mercedes on the executive side in terminal B, but was 40000+ miles. Upgrade side has a BMW SUV
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 9:27 am

I know that a few weeks ago National cars became available for pick-up at terminal C. at that time someone posted on Twitter that there was no Emerald Aisle and they ended up going to terminal B because the lines were so long at the counter.

I contacted National's customer service, and they insisted that Emerald Aisle was available at terminal C.

Has anyone been there in the past week or so and can confirm if it is available or not?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Did not check Terminal C but flew in yesterday and it was a madhouse. Both A and B seemed low on inventory and aisles had nothing special. Lots of Dodges, Kias, and Nissans. I mentioned to the rep that I was EE and they offered an Audi Q7 for $12/day more, which I was more than happy to take given the bland selection.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
It was incredibly stupid for the rental car agencies to try and fill the lot at C during Spring Break. IMO, they should have waited another couple weeks until after the crush and then moved vehicles there.
Old May 12, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
Was at MCO on Monday morning. I did not even try C terminal because in the "Welcome to Orlando" email they sent me, it said "For C terminal, please bypass the counter and head to the Rental Car shuttle on level 6 which will take you to the B terminal garage." I'm not sure if this means they are only keeping minimal vehicles over at C or if they are just encouraging customers to go there since no counter bypass option at C currently.

This was the first time I've been at MCO and it didn't feel like a madhouse with people everywhere. I think there was only one other renter there at the same time as me. Of note, there were a good number of Voyager minivans available in EA along with the usual selection of smaller SUVs (Rogue, Terrain, Santa Fe). A and B side were very comparable, but B side had a few more unusual options.

ES - A and B
-Durangos (all GT trim/V6)
-Explorer
-Traverse
-Challengers and Chargers (all V6)

ES - B Side
-Durango (V6 Citadel Trim)
-Mercedes GLC 300
-BMW 550e PHEV
-Miata Convertible
-Honda Passport (didn't know National carried these)
-Jeep Gladiator
-Nissan Armada

I never really pay close attention to the PS anymore but I did notice that it, strangely, had a Durango R/T (Hemi) which I usually see on the ES aisle at most other airports. The also had the Shaker Challenger up there.
xienon, funnyfarm299 and oftech like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Derekk
Was at MCO on Monday morning. I did not even try C terminal because in the "Welcome to Orlando" email they sent me, it said "For C terminal, please bypass the counter and head to the Rental Car shuttle on level 6 which will take you to the B terminal garage."
Was there an actual shuttle?

In december, the only means of transportation was the regular terminal "shuttle" which was basically a rented bus. It was an absolute trainwreck all around. I later learned there is a train, but no one at Terminal C seemed to know that, including airport and National employees.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up the morning of 6/10 on the A side. There wasn't really anything of interest in either aisle, but I didn't have time to go to the B side to check out the selection there. Exec was all SUVs, mostly standard SUVs with some smaller ones mixed in. A handful of Durango GTs and Acadia SLEs, as well as a random Tacoma. EA was mostly Malibus and some smaller SUVs, nothing that appeared to have a third row. Upgrades available were a LR Discovery and a Mercedes CLA. I asked the greeter if they had anything more interesting and the response was "we have thousands of cars if there's nothing you like maybe wait?" Ok sure, so instead of them earning a paid upgrade, I waited around as porters circled with washed cars and no where to park. One of them was driving an A4 so I asked if I could take it and she said yes, pulled to the side, and handed me the keyfob without asking if I was Emerald or Exec or anything. I didn't have any trouble at the exit booth and paid my regular rate as if pulled from the aisle, but I noticed someone came over to talk to her so it seems like taking a car from a porter is not allowed.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Sunday afternoon - July 10th

Picked up a Louisiana tagged Lincoln Corsair (standard elite) with 16k miles from Exec on the B side.

Otherwise, the selection was pretty bland in Exec and EA.
Pics for reference as always hard to remember what I saw

Auto Enthusiast, oftech and JJTNY like this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: National, Hertz
Stopped by on the A side at almost midnight last night thanks to weather and flight delays. Every flight came in at the same time so the airport was a massive zoo, but fortunately I was able to beat the rush to the garage. If you wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee L or a Chrysler Pacifica last night, then boy were you in luck because that was almost the entirety of Exec and the Aisle. The other roughly 15% of available choices were a couple of Ram 1500s, a couple of GMC Acadias, and 2 Altimas parked on the Aisle. All of the luxury cars were parked in upgrade spaces with price tags
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Lucked out with a BMW 228i on the exec aisle on the B side last week.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Traveling to MCO on Black Friday, family of 6. I'm thinking about doing the two reservation play, one reservation as Executive paying for the Full Size to get access to EA/Executive and simply hoping that there is a minivan/premium crossover/Full size SUV that seats six. I've seen reports upthread that sometimes there are, sometimes there arent. I'll have a standard minivan reservation an hour or so later as backup if not. For those who have gone through MCO recently what has the inventory of vans/3rd row SUVs been like?
Old Sep 4, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by Filler03
Traveling to MCO on Black Friday, family of 6. I'm thinking about doing the two reservation play, one reservation as Executive paying for the Full Size to get access to EA/Executive and simply hoping that there is a minivan/premium crossover/Full size SUV that seats six. I've seen reports upthread that sometimes there are, sometimes there arent. I'll have a standard minivan reservation an hour or so later as backup if not. For those who have gone through MCO recently what has the inventory of vans/3rd row SUVs been like?
None in the EA last week.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Over the summer, renting midweek, I have taken Durangos and Highlanders from ES, so there has been some third row SUV availability. I don't usually see minivans in ES at MCO. My experience in renting Black Friday at other airports is that minivans/third row SUV's are in short supply in ES, I think the backup reservation approach is wise.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
just wanted to share my two cents, but I’ve had a horrible time with the aisle at MCO around both Thanksgiving and Christmas as far as finding large cars so I would definitely recommend having a second reservation. Then inventory has been better lately so you may have a better chance, but I’ve found a lot of the 3 row vehicles are already spoken for over at the Alamo, so few tend to hit the aisle close to the holidays in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.