FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at MCO
Thread: Cars at MCO
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:48 pm
oftech

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up the morning of 6/10 on the A side. There wasn't really anything of interest in either aisle, but I didn't have time to go to the B side to check out the selection there. Exec was all SUVs, mostly standard SUVs with some smaller ones mixed in. A handful of Durango GTs and Acadia SLEs, as well as a random Tacoma. EA was mostly Malibus and some smaller SUVs, nothing that appeared to have a third row. Upgrades available were a LR Discovery and a Mercedes CLA. I asked the greeter if they had anything more interesting and the response was "we have thousands of cars if there's nothing you like maybe wait?" Ok sure, so instead of them earning a paid upgrade, I waited around as porters circled with washed cars and no where to park. One of them was driving an A4 so I asked if I could take it and she said yes, pulled to the side, and handed me the keyfob without asking if I was Emerald or Exec or anything. I didn't have any trouble at the exit booth and paid my regular rate as if pulled from the aisle, but I noticed someone came over to talk to her so it seems like taking a car from a porter is not allowed.