Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Not to mention that it would require an enormous amount of labor to move any measurable number of cars back and forth every Friday and Sunday evening.
I can attest to this, having seen, on multiple occasions, minivans pull up at Hertz locations in Manhattan on Sunday evening and disgorge a group of drivers who each take a car and head out to Laguardia. Bringing those cars into Manhattan on Friday and then returning them to the airport on Sunday has got to cost Hertz $50 or more in labor and tolls.
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:05 pm

And yet Hertz is reluctant to offer similar ongoing one-way specials between Manhattan and NYC airports, especially when their competitors do. The closest current Hertz promotion is in a relatively small number of less urbanized states.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:43 pm

Was able to score a Luxury reservation that was ~$60 cheaper than the Mid-Size rate for ES. What can I expect at LAX for Luxury? Usually able to grab a Maxima in ES.... hoping it's better.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Philip James
Have a booking with Alamo for a full size on 8th Aug to pick up at LAX, anyone know what car I’m likely to end up with?
The same for the 23-th. Please Let me know which cars will be available. I appreciate it.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
More than likely an Altima, Camry, Optima, Fusion or Malibu

Others in the FCAR class include Mazda6, Charger, Sonata, Passat (haven't seen one in ages),
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Alaska737890
More than likely an Altima, Camry, Optima, Fusion or Malibu

Others in the FCAR class include Mazda6, Charger, Sonata, Passat (haven't seen one in ages),
Apologize, I mean FFAR class.
Sorry for that
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by DenysK

Apologize, I mean FFAR class.
Sorry for that
Apparently: Tahoe, Expedition, Armada/QX80, or potentially Suburban.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:47 am

Thank you very much. Hope that Tahoe will be available upon my arrival
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: BCAA
Cars on Thursday

So on Thursday the Alamo full size lot had lots of Fusions, both Hybrid and otherwise, Altimas or Maximas (never know the difference) and a Charger GT (which is what I chose) but most surprisingly there were a lot of F150s and Rams in the full size lot!
Joonydell likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Gold
Any recent experiences, photos or videos of the line up?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:28 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by Division
Any recent experiences, photos or videos of the line up?
Was there on Saturday the 7th pick up around 9am. Didn't see EA but saw plenty on the ES.

Multiple Durango, Armadas, Dodge Challengers & Chargers (V6) some random other bits & pieces too.

Saw an Armada SL (look for the silver mirror backs) and a couple of Durango GTs. I took what I thought was a Charger R/T but turned out to be a GT. Don't get suckered in with yellow fender bumpers, always look for the hemi badge!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Hertz Gold Pus Rewards
I am wondering what are the odds of coming across cars with satnav at LAX. When buying new cars in the US, satnav is usually available in higher trims. How likely are you to find a car with satnav in the midsize/standard/fullsize sections?

And is there a difference between Alamo and National in this regard?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Originally Posted by ravenholm
I am wondering what are the odds of coming across cars with satnav at LAX. When buying new cars in the US, satnav is usually available in higher trims. How likely are you to find a car with satnav in the midsize/standard/fullsize sections?
And is there a difference between Alamo and National in this regard?
Generally look for Nissan's (don't worry they'll be a few) or higher end Ford's. They share the same fleet. National's upstairs and Alamo's down. National is suppose to get the newer, nicer offerings but I've had new cars from Alamo before.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Pus Rewards
Thank you for your answer. My reservation is for a Standard/SDAR car. Which brings me to my next question: what car could I possibly expect in this category besides a VW Jetta? What cars are usually stocked in the Standard aisle of Alamo at LAX?

Why Ford Focus is considered to be Compact while the Jetta is Standard is beyond me, but that is another discussion.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ravenholm
Thank you for your answer. My reservation is for a Standard/SDAR car. Which brings me to my next question: what car could I possibly expect in this category besides a VW Jetta? What cars are usually stocked in the Standard aisle of Alamo at LAX?

Why Ford Focus is considered to be Compact while the Jetta is Standard is beyond me, but that is another discussion.
Chrysler 200 is standard - not sure if those are in the fleet still. You'll probably get upgraded into a full size since there aren't many standard size cars in the fleet imo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.