Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Cross fleeting complete. My rental off the emerald aisle had a nice green enterprise e on it. Bad cars on ea - pt cruisers/hhrs, g5s. Ee was better w a couple impalas and suvs.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Oct 22, 2009 at 4:51 pm
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:12 pm

Sunday, 9:30AM, EA Executive Selection

Kia (1)
Chrysler Sebring (1)
Chevy Malibus
plenty of Dodge Chargers
a few Nissan Altimas, Pontiac G6s, Chrysler PT Cruisers, SUVs

I took a Dodge Charger SXT w/1600 miles. Loved that new car smell!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
Was at LAS around 11:00 AM on 11/12.

ES included Impalas, Chargers, a Town Car, Several Chrysler Minivans, Mustang convertibles, two Tahoe LTs, an Equinox, and a 2010 Lincoln MKZ with 40 miles that I promptly snatched up.

ride report forthcoming...
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.337 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Same experience as avmba this morning. Grabbed a brand new kia forte - no ride report on this guy just a car I had not yet rented. Amongst the assortment were new kias, g6s, malibus, sebrings, and chargers. Better cars on the es side including a buick lucerne and a couple cadillac boats. Btw LAS has been severely overstocked with minivans. Ask the lot attendant on most economy or more $ alamo or national res and score the free upgrade.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Nov 29, 2009 at 6:57 am Reason: punctuation
Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:23 pm

Cool

arriving in LAS soon, with a standard SUV reservation, Alamo. Hoping to find a RAV4 or maybe a Nissan Murano. Anyone know if they still have these?

Last edited by wrxrob; Dec 1, 2009 at 7:04 am
Old Nov 29, 2009, 6:58 am

I've seen both. With Enterprise running the show, you might find yourself in a Geo Tracker instead.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 9:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.337 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

directly behind the counter at the booth in the returns area is a list of all alamo/national car models by class. I was not able to get a good look at it, but perhaps another FTer can take some notes for us.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Aeroplan, Air Miles, Delta Sky Mile, Continental One Pass
Just rented at LAS through Emerald Aisle.

I arrived there around noon on Thursday, December 31 and the lot was full. There was more choice than I expected. There was a KIA SUV, a Nissan Cube, some Hyundai Accents, Dodge Avengers, Dodge Chargers, Chevy Malibus, Chevy HHRs, Toyota Corollas, one Chrysler 300 Touring in leather that I picked up. There was probably some more models but I don't remember all of them.

I only looked quickly at the ES and saw some 300s, Grand Marquis and some Mustang Convertibles.

When I came back on Saturday the 9th around 7 pm, the lot was almost empty and there was like 4-5 Grand Caravans in the EA and one Chevrolet Malibu.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Candiac
I arrived there around noon on Thursday, December 31 and the lot was full. There was more choice than I expected. There was a KIA SUV, a Nissan Cube, some Hyundai Accents, Dodge Avengers, Dodge Chargers, Chevy Malibus, Chevy HHRs, Toyota Corollas, one Chrysler 300 Touring in leather that I picked up. There was probably some more models but I don't remember all of them.
Welcome to Flyertalk and our National forum

Wow - what a range - all the way from Hyundai Accents to Chrysler 300.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL GE
Great, I am going with me plus 4 in April. Should I specifically go for the mini-van award or try my luck with a SUV on the Exec?

How is LAS setup in relation to exiting from baggage claim? Bus, or easy walk?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:02 am

Erm nevermind on the selection, I just Emerald Reserved a Minivan on award.

Still curious as to the layout
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Erm nevermind on the selection, I just Emerald Reserved a Minivan on award.

Still curious as to the layout
There is a shuttle to the rental car facility - all major rental companies are housed in the same facility at the edge of the airport. Just exit baggage claim and hop on a bus for a short ride.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:58 pm

I appreciate that, I guess I could had just looked online and found that information along with the rentel facility map LOL

Question.. If I rent a luxary on award and say there are not any SUV type luxary vehicles in the luxary row, can I just pick up a minivan or SUV from another row and drive away with it?

I am always a 100% asile person, so this Emerald Reserve is new to me since I will have a car full of peeps and their luggage.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan
I appreciate that, I guess I could had just looked online and found that information along with the rentel facility map LOL

Question.. If I rent a luxary on award and say there are not any SUV type luxary vehicles in the luxary row, can I just pick up a minivan or SUV from another row and drive away with it?

I am always a 100% asile person, so this Emerald Reserve is new to me since I will have a car full of peeps and their luggage.

Thanks!
That question is probably best posed to the duty manager when you pickup your car.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: WN CP
Last night my husband picked up our car at LAS, said there were some conv. Mustangs, a Challenger, lots of Grand Marquis, didn't mention mini vans or SUV's. And not one Toyota in the house that he could see. We figured selection would be very poor, as he was picking up the Saturday evening of Superbowl/UFC weekend. But there seemed to be a decent numbers of cars.

The lot attendant offered him a free upgrade from the Aisle to a "Premium" Taurus. We rented a 2009 Taurus last year at MCO and enjoyed it so he didn't hesitate. Grabbed a 2010 with 2900 miles on it. Not as zippy as the Limited we had at MCO, but still likes it very much considering what we paid for ten days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.