Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA,DL,HH
I arrived at the LAS facility last Tuesday around noon. Went to the Executive selection and saw some Chargers,Impala's, Minivans and pickup trucks. Put my luggage in a Charger and look in the rearview mirror and a MB C300 pulls in. I jump out of the car and ask is that available since it did not have any plates on it. They said the palte was in the front window. I told my wife to go over and stand next to the car while I grab the luggage. We get in it and another couple grabs the next C300 that pulls in. I get in ours and it had 27 miles on it. The other couple gets to the booth before us and has to back up from the booth. I suppose they were not allowed to have the car. I begin to panic but when I get to the booth she says have a good time and off I go. that was the best part of our trip to Vegas.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL GE
So what is everyone seeing on the Luxury row? We are arriving on a Wednesday if that helps.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: WN CP
I took some pictures of the National lot when we dropped our car off Tuesday afternoon. VERY slim pickings! Executive Aisle only had 4 mini vans, an Impala, a Grand Marquis and one Mustang conv. Emerald Aisle only had two VW Beetles, two unidentifiables cars, looks like Cobalts?, a pickup and two small Pontiac crossovers. Premium had a Grand Marquis, quite a few more minivans and a couple of other cars I couldn't see well.

We loved our Taurus Limited, drove like a dream and when we checked out it was actually billed $6 less than we were quoted. ^
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:00 pm

Very curious (and thankful) for info what type of Luxury car LAS has to choose from.

Also I see alot about executive....I assume what is in that row is the Luxury cars???

Thanks for the info
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by billybabe
Also I see alot about executive....I assume what is in that row is the Luxury cars???
No. Executive Selection (exec or ES commonly here) is available to mid-tier and top-tier Emerald Club members when reserving a Large car. There are separate Premium and Luxury rows at locations with Emerald Aisle service - such as LAS.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
There have been fewer cars adorning the lot at Alamo/National lately. They did reclaim their old facility (pre-consolidated rental facility) and are storing cars there. You pass by it on the bus when driving to the rental car center. It is hard to miss the giant Enterprise sign and parking lot full of cars on the right after exiting the freeway. Mileage on cars seems to be up, but I haven't seen any more vehicles with green enteriprise stickers on them. Overall selection seems to get really bad as the evening progresses - I no longer see lot porters in the evenings. OTOH, free upgrades abound once you hit the lot.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, AS MVPG 75K, SPG LTP (BONVOYED), Hyatt Diamond aka WoH Glob, HH Diamond
I have the choice of booking either Luxury SUV or Premium Crossover at LAS. Anyone know what kind of cars under those two categories at LAS?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by happydsa
I have the choice of booking either Luxury SUV or Premium Crossover at LAS. Anyone know what kind of cars under those two categories at LAS?
Luxury SUV = Cadillac Escalade
Premium Crossover = Nissan Murano

This was my experience before ERAC redid National's car classes.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: * A
Cadillac Escalade/Lincoln Navigator are the luxury suvs at LAS. I have used Infinity Q56 from national too. They will get an Escalade for you if you book a luxury suv at the least cheers and enjoy the ultimate free day redemption (if u'r doing one way) ^
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by noirpepper
Cadillac Escalade/Lincoln Navigator are the luxury suvs at LAS. I have used Infinity Q56 from national too. They will get an Escalade for you if you book a luxury suv at the least cheers and enjoy the ultimate free day redemption (if u'r doing one way) ^
Are the Escalades fairly new at LAS? I wouldn't want to get a tired couple year old model with high KM.

Luxury SUV is the 2nd highest price class at LAS.. Premium Crossover is more.. any idea why?

Oh.. and any idea what they have for convertibles? Seabrings? Mustangs? Anything more exotic?

Have a trip coming up in a couple weeks.. gonna burn a couple of my free days.

Ron.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:26 pm

hi newfbc

Are the Escalades fairly new at LAS? I wouldn't want to get a tired couple year old model with high KM.

The handful amount of time(s) I've rented luxury SUV (5) from national, I've received low mileage (less than 300 miles) on odo.

Luxury SUV is the 2nd highest price class at LAS.. Premium Crossover is more.. any idea why? No Idea (inventory management?) but I would not take a premium crossover over a Luxury SUV.

Oh.. and any idea what they have for convertibles? Seabrings? Mustangs? Anything more exotic?
Not sure if a eclipse is exotic in your book (not in mine ): I've seen some of those insects at National (LAS included). However, I've enjoyed the Volvo C70 as convertibles from national.

enjoy your time at Vegas!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:51 am

Luxury Fleet at National LAS

Just curious what others are seeing available for luxury category?

We have a reserv for alamo and National, just curious whats avaialble.

As always THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the assistance
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL GE
Yes me 2... Lux SUV is not an option for my week of travel and that is what I need, or a corss over.. 5 peeps.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by pragakhan
Yes me 2... Lux SUV is not an option for my week of travel and that is what I need, or a corss over.. 5 peeps.
YMMV I've followed this to work around: try to call and book a paid Lux SUV and then another call to switch it w/ free days (pay for 1 day/rest 4 on free days). g'luck ^
Old Mar 28, 2010, 3:00 am

Arrived in afternoon of 3/24 and ES had Grand Marquis, Challenger, and Sonata. I reserved a Luxury and was offered a Lincoln, Cadillac, or Mercedes. I took the Mercedes C300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.