Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:36 pm

Any updates on the EA? Heading out to LAS Jun30 - curious to see what they will have at 8am on a Wednesday.... plus this will be my first time using this membership.... not setting my hopes too high, but interested in seeing if this program really has its benefits for the leisure renter who only rents 2-3 time per yer. TIA
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by bbmac
I had previously posted that I had rented a convertible for our Vegas-LA trip, but after realizing that we would probably be clocking 1500 miles minimum we decided to go luxury. I called the LAS rental site and they said their luxury fleet consist of CTS, STS, MKS and towncar. I see that people have mentioned GLK, C300 etc... are those standard lux car's or are they an additional fee?

Cheers!
Those cars are the Specialty Class. Usually if you have a Luxury SUV, ie the Escalade, you can switch out to the Specialty Class. I have done this several times with no problem. I'm also an Executive Elite Member so I'm not sure if they do this for regular members.

Going to pick up the Escalade on Wednesday, so I'll see what they have for me.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by northsideguy
Those cars are the Specialty Class. Usually if you have a Luxury SUV, ie the Escalade, you can switch out to the Specialty Class. I have done this several times with no problem. I'm also an Executive Elite Member so I'm not sure if they do this for regular members.

Going to pick up the Escalade on Wednesday, so I'll see what they have for me.
I've booked Luxury SUV a couple times at LAS as well. The rate was ~$180/day. I used free days for this. With this booking, I could take anything on the lot.

Ron.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:16 am

First time on the Emerald Aisle

Update on the Emerald Aisle LAS - somewhat belated. Wednesday, June 30 745am: 4 Kia Souls, 4 HHRs, one VW Jetta, 2 VW Beetles, 1 Dodge Avenger, 2 Chev Malibus. No SUV's or vans.

Took one of the Malibus which only had 1351 miles on it and so new it didnt have any licence plates yet. Turns out when I returned the car the evening of July 7th the temporary tag (a small piece of paper on the passenger side of the windshield) had expired July 6th. I would have been ticked had I encountered any difficulties driving a car with expired tags.

Overall service was fast and hassle free.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
What should I expect with regards to availability/selection on the ES or EA on a Friday evening in LAS? Ideally I would like to pick up a minivan to car around friends this weekend, but if there is a kick ... car available, Ie. C300 or other fancy car, screw my friends, they can cab it around.

Also, if there is a nice car (ex. STS) available on the ES lot and I reserve at a mid-size rate, can I still take that car and pay the mid size rate? Or do I have to reserve a full size to be able to take the luxury without any issues?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by bthobe
What should I expect with regards to availability/selection on the ES or EA on a Friday evening in LAS? Ideally I would like to pick up a minivan to car around friends this weekend, but if there is a kick ... car available, Ie. C300 or other fancy car, screw my friends, they can cab it around.

Also, if there is a nice car (ex. STS) available on the ES lot and I reserve at a mid-size rate, can I still take that car and pay the mid size rate? Or do I have to reserve a full size to be able to take the luxury without any issues?
If it's parked on the ES, it's yours to take. You pay the mid-size rate. Although a luxury car on the ES is probably very rare.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
If it's parked on the ES, it's yours to take. You pay the mid-size rate. Although a luxury car on the ES is probably very rare.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:12 pm

Slim pickings on friday night as expected in the ES area. A bunch of Chargers, 300's, a couple of F-150's, a Grand Marquis or two and the black challenger I took.

Heck, I even waited around for 15 minutes for something fun to show but no dice on this end.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Aeroplan
Hi, about to book a SUV in LAS airport for December, I hesitate between Std and Full size SUV. Is the Ford Edge in the Std category?
Will a Full Size SUV booking offer me more choice and possibly an upgrade if I am really nice to the parking lot staff?
I am not Emerald client, only Alamo Quicksilver.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
Luxury at LAS - 8/2010

Arrived at the rental car center around 3:30pm 8/20/2010. Had reserved a Luxury car. Was told to just go pick one out. The keys were all in the door locks on each car. Three TCs and one MKZ. Even though I've had the MKZ as a Premium Car at other locations, I went ahead and picked that vehicle. Not the best choice as it had 16k miles and the Sirius 6 month subscription had run out. Still, I enjoy driving the car so it was all good.

Oh one thing - I couldn't find ANY fuel stations along the route to the rental car center that my Garmin took me (expressway from Sahara). There are some near Las Vegas Blvd. South though, I found later by mapping it. However, they were very, very fair. When I got my email receipt they only charged me $12.73 for fuel, and I used a 1/3 of a tank. I'm ok with that!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:31 am

I booked a luxury car last week at LAS and arrived on a Wednesday around noon. There were very few options available on the entire lot. I wasn't happy with the luxury choices so I asked the parking lot attendant and he searched around to see if there were any other options (which there were not.) He said I could take anything off the lot - including suburbans, etc. I went with a Tahoe and definitely enjoyed it. BTW - code 5760333 gave me the best rate for a luxury during my stay.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mfullmer
Arrived at the rental car center around 3:30pm 8/20/2010. Had reserved a Luxury car. Was told to just go pick one out. The keys were all in the door locks on each car. Three TCs and one MKZ. Even though I've had the MKZ as a Premium Car at other locations, I went ahead and picked that vehicle. Not the best choice as it had 16k miles and the Sirius 6 month subscription had run out. Still, I enjoy driving the car so it was all good.

Oh one thing - I couldn't find ANY fuel stations along the route to the rental car center that my Garmin took me (expressway from Sahara). There are some near Las Vegas Blvd. South though, I found later by mapping it. However, they were very, very fair. When I got my email receipt they only charged me $12.73 for fuel, and I used a 1/3 of a tank. I'm ok with that!

When you are returning your car at the CRC at LAS and you are exiting I-15, it really easy to find gas stations. When you exit I-15 and come to Las Vegas Blvd, do not follow the signs to Rental Car Return. Make a right turn at that light on Las Vegas Blvd. At Warm Springs Road, there are 3 gas stations, Citgo(7-11), Rebel, and BP. Once you gas, go east on Warm Springs Road (opposite direction from I-15) to the next light at Gilespie. Make a left turn and you are at the Car Rental Center. Do not get gas at Gilespie and Warm Springs Road as the prices are much higher. Good Luck!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:26 pm

ER at LAS

How does ER work at LAS?

Does one go directly from the bus to a particular row of cars?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
How does ER work at LAS?

Does one go directly from the bus to a particular row of cars?
Yes. LAS is a big enough station to have dedicated rows for most car classes in addition to Emerald Aisle and Executive Selection.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Friday evening car selections:

Premium: one Ford Taurus Ltd with 23K miles, 3-4 Buick Lucernes, maybe a dozen Chrysler 300 Tourings

Exec Select: one Impala, maybe six Dodge Chargers, maybe six Dodge Challengers (the 2-door)

Convertibles: every convertible was a Chrysler Sebring

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.