Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer
They aren't toyitaizing it at all and I love the new look plus my favorite rental is the maxima Tbh.
I meant they are trying to make a bolder trapezoidal grille and it doesn't work in my opinion. The Maxima is overrated IMO but to each his own.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:43 am

We recently had a Hyundai i40 station wagon in black. Lovely car with a lot of space for passengers, high quality interior and large electrical glas roof that was fantastic to catch the first spring sun. However I was not very happy with the fuel (Diesel) consumption. Check out if you want to see more:

Last edited by GT80; Apr 1, 2018 at 11:44 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I'm liking the Maxima more and more, especially now that it has Android Auto. However, I would still take a Camaro SS, Mustang turbo, Chrysler 300S over it.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
I'm liking the Maxima more and more, especially now that it has Android Auto. However, I would still take a Camaro SS, Mustang turbo, Chrysler 300S over it.

Meh on the crysler 300. The seats just suck imho and I am not fond of any fiat crysler product that isn't a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The camaro SS and Mustang 5.0 you won't find in the aisle where I am and plus the 4 doors is a priority for me most of the time but otherwise I do agree.

Gettinf quite fond of the Q50 in the 3.0t lux trim. Don't care for the 2.0t engine
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I've really liked:

Mustang convertibles
Ford Fusions (particularly hybrids)
Escapes

I actually like all of those more than the BMW convertibles and BMW SUVs that I've had.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
One stupid question: how do you know the trim of the car you got?
Regards
Play3000
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by play3000
Regards
Play3000
Look at the badging on the car. Chevy LTZ will be higher than LT.
Another way is by the features on the car. Higher trims tend to have more features like sunroofs and fog lights.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by kxc262
Look at the badging on the car. Chevy LTZ will be higher than LT.
Another way is by the features on the car. Higher trims tend to have more features like sunroofs and fog lights.

Another way is the tag on the keys. Like the Mazda CX5 Grand Touring which had all wheel drive said something along the lines of grand touring 4wd (don't remember the abbreviated word they used for grand touring). Alot of times some cars won't say trim level on the car itself like the Mazda grand touring, base trim Altima, Rogue and so forth
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by play3000
Regards
Play3000
And if you REALLY want to know you can always look up the OEM VIN on many vin checking websites to find out the exact trim/options
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I have spent months at a time in the Fusion Hybrid Titanium, and in the end, I think I prefer it to all of the Mercedes, BMWs, Cadillacs and Lincolns I rented from National to date.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I have spent months at a time in the Fusion Hybrid Titanium, and in the end, I think I prefer it to all of the Mercedes, BMWs, Cadillacs and Lincolns I rented from National to date.
It's a great car to drive and fun to watch the "leaves grow"
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
It's a great car to drive and fun to watch the "leaves grow"
The Titanium models have interior features that stack up against any of the stripped luxury models that National orders, and actually exceed some of the fancier cars. I take great pleasure in driving past the gas station every day while everyone else is filling up. I can easily get almost 600 miles on a single tank with combined city/hwy driving and the tank only holds about 13-14 gallons.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
The Titanium models have interior features that stack up against any of the stripped luxury models that National orders, and actually exceed some of the fancier cars. I take great pleasure in driving past the gas station every day while everyone else is filling up. I can easily get almost 600 miles on a single tank with combined city/hwy driving and the tank only holds about 13-14 gallons.

Yeah I agree though you can find moderately equipped luxury cars. The infinti Q50 3.0t lux isn't bad and some of the caddys can be decently equipped.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Favorite:
- Hyundai Elantra
- Hyundai Sonata
- Cadillac
- Volvo
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee

Least Favorite:
- Nissan Sentra (Complete and utter garbage)
- Ford Fusion (gas guzzler)
- Any ICAR or FCAR with shift paddlers (going to be a gas guzzler)
- Toyota Camry (boring)
- Chevy Malibu (just horrible)
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by manohman
Favorite:
- Hyundai Elantra
- Hyundai Sonata
- Cadillac
- Volvo
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee

Least Favorite:
- Nissan Sentra (Complete and utter garbage)
- Ford Fusion (gas guzzler)
- Any ICAR or FCAR with shift paddlers (going to be a gas guzzler)
- Toyota Camry (boring)
- Chevy Malibu (just horrible)

The Ford fusion isn't a gas guzzler if you don't have a lead foot..

Also how would paddle shifters be gas guzzlers? They allow you do shift manually if you choose to.
ginmqi and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.