Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you have a favorite car, least favorite car

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I'm doubtful on all counts. I've never seen a rental Hyundai/Kia with a trim higher than base (except for one or two Sorento minivans). I don't know this as a fact but it seems like they don't sell high-trim cars to rental fleets, and since the Cadenza and Telluride are being positioned as upper-market offerings I doubt we'll see them.
I've never had a Cadenza, but I have rented a Genesis multiple times. Different locations as well. Also had two Azeras. Both had not just heated but cooled seats. My own car has heated but that cooling thing was not too shabby.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by MissJ
I've never had a Cadenza, but I have rented a Genesis multiple times. Different locations as well. Also had two Azeras. Both had not just heated but cooled seats. My own car has heated but that cooling thing was not too shabby.
Were they at National?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:00 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Were they at National?
National used to stock the original Hyundai Genesis before it was its own brand. For a while they had an exclusive program where you could rent what was the Genesis G90 too for a hefty upcharge if I remember right, but it didn't last too long. That was when the car first launched.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I have really become a fan of the Edge Titanium
I concur. I've gotten those quite a few times from both FLL National (on the Aisle) and my local city Enterprise. Great vehicle. Doesn't have the third row seats like the Explorers but still fits a ton in the trunk and handles a bit better then the Explorers.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:59 am

Were they at National?
Yes.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:34 pm

2019 Nissan Altima - OK sedan (assigned to me when I rented Midsize from a location with no Aisle) with a couple of showstopping disappointments
  • blind spot warning is way too sensitive during lane changes in heavy traffic. (no, I am not cutting people off)
  • Apple CarPlay does not engage about 1/3 of the time. Have to constantly unplug and replug my phone to get it to work
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Well, I'm still very excited to rent the 2020 Ford Explorer Limited. Early reviews have been very positive.
Same here.

I still like renting/driving the current Ford Explorer once in awhile.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by ZestJDM
Same here.

I still like renting/driving the current Ford Explorer once in awhile.
The current one is fine but getting long in the tooth. FWD really annoys me on a car with any power.

One thing I don't understand about Ford is why they put cheap rubbery steering wheels in their Limited and Titanium trim cars. Hopefully the new Explorer will have a steering wheel that actually feels like leather.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Well, I'm still very excited to rent the 2020 Ford Explorer Limited. Early reviews have been very positive.
Probably n/a in the context of rentals unless National springs for the top of the line trim, but that 10-inch infotainment screen in portrait orientation seems like an idea that was better in theory than in reality. From the video reviews I saw on YouTube, the interface doesn’t really take advantage of the full screen real estate, so it’s really more like having two small screens stacked vertically.

The Explorer also seemed costly relative to the Telluride and Palisade. Can’t wait to try any of those three as rentals.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.