Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by sanmandude
1. Does any one know, if Enterprise rentals qualify for activities like, "Complete 3 rentals, Earn 100 points" or "Weekend Rental, Earn 100 points" or is it National rentals only.
T&Cs said that Enterprise neighborhood locations will count, but not airport locations.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Anybody get points for a rental yet? I have a feeling I'll have to fight for my first one. Per the FAQ:

I had a rental that was picked up on 8/19 and dropped off late on 8/23 for a total of 5 rental days. Pre-registered 6/19. 8/22 and 8/23 should be considered in the promo period, thus I have 2 days in the period. No points yet (last year they generally posted the next morning)
At least how I read the T&C's, we're SOL on that one.

I picked one up on 8/18, returned 8/25 so I'm in the same boat. Also used Emerald Checkout, but I doubt I'd get those points too.

If you're successful, let me know.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:54 pm

@Superguy, I don't see that so far. I will post here, if I get any points.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Superguy
At least how I read the T&C's, we're SOL on that one.

I picked one up on 8/18, returned 8/25 so I'm in the same boat. Also used Emerald Checkout, but I doubt I'd get those points too.

If you're successful, let me know.
Why would we be SOL? What I quotes is directly from their FAQ and directly addresses our scenario (assuming you pre-registered like me). There are 2 days within the promo period, so it should count. I'll fight that battle over email starting tonight
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I'd love to get corrected, but I think NO. Mind you: someone reported getting 200p for 1-day Enterprise rental!
Anybody had success with enterprise one day rental counting towards one two free credit (200 points)
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by maunilpatel

Anybody had success with enterprise one day rental counting towards one two free credit (200 points)
I have the same question about a one day, one way rental from an Enterprise airport location. If it doesn't count then I'll go with Avis since its cheaper by ~$10
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
I have a question about using Emerald Checkout. I tend to do a lot of 1 day rentals. I book my cars via the app to get the 75 points for the rental. According to the fine print, Emerald Checkout should earn an additional 50 points, correct? But I didn't see it when the points posted for my most recent rental. Do I need to follow up with National, or is there a reason I'm not getting the 50 points? Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by duxfan
I have a question about using Emerald Checkout. I tend to do a lot of 1 day rentals. I book my cars via the app to get the 75 points for the rental. According to the fine print, Emerald Checkout should earn an additional 50 points, correct? But I didn't see it when the points posted for my most recent rental. Do I need to follow up with National, or is there a reason I'm not getting the 50 points? Thanks!
Kindly propose your "follow-up angle", considering that under-two day rentals are not promised to earn ANYTHING (am I correct; if it's my false interpretation, I'd love to be corrected?)
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Kindly propose your "follow-up angle", considering that under-two day rentals are not promised to earn ANYTHING (am I correct; if it's my false interpretation, I'd love to be corrected?)
Well I always get the 75 points for the reservation via the app, so I was hoping I'd get the 50 for using Emerald Checkout.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:59 pm

Well I always get the 75 points for the reservation via the app, so I was hoping I'd get the 50 for using Emerald Checkout.
"Emerald Checkout" isn't just using the app. At some (most but not all?) locations, a button will become available in the app at pickup time - you click that button and then use your phone to scan the QR code on the keychain or window. This will create a barcode in the app that you can show to the gate agent. They are supposed to be able to scan it and be done, but I have never seen it actually work that way.

For what it's worth, I have used it at DEN many times.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:01 pm

I think I've got 300 for Sirius on 1-day rental last year; but if it didn't hit up, what would I tell them?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
In trying to use two One-Two-Free coupons on a 2 or 3 day full-size rental at a non-aisle airport location. I'm running into an error where it will not allow me to finalize the reservation while logged in.
Logged out, I can get to the final screen with full size category selected.
Logging in and I then get an error that the coupons cannot be used for a full size rental, and am offered Compact and Midsize only.

Anyone else having this issue? I want the rental to be on my account / use the card on file / etc., but it appears that there is some type of conflict.

See below for screen grabs of the same vehicle selection page with me logged out then logged in, followed by the error message received when selecting a Full Size car.

Logged out, with both coupons attached.

Logged into National.com and it limits to Midsize and Compact

This is the error message received when I click on "Full Size" while logged in.

Conversely, if there's any way to redeem two coupons using the app I'd appreciate that info.

Thanks much!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
"Emerald Checkout" isn't just using the app. At some (most but not all?) locations, a button will become available in the app at pickup time - you click that button and then use your phone to scan the QR code on the keychain or window. This will create a barcode in the app that you can show to the gate agent. They are supposed to be able to scan it and be done, but I have never seen it actually work that way.

For what it's worth, I have used it at DEN many times.
I'm away that Emerald Checkout is different. I scanned the QR code on the keytag. The agent at the booth scanned the code on my phone and off I went. So I'm looking for 50 pts in addition to the 75 for making the reservation via the app.

And as someone else pointed out, I too have gotten the 300 points for taking Sirius on a 1 day rental. Best $5 I ever spent with National!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:58 am

I'm away that Emerald Checkout is different. I scanned the QR code on the keytag. The agent at the booth scanned the code on my phone and off I went. So I'm looking for 50 pts in addition to the 75 for making the reservation via the app.

And as someone else pointed out, I too have gotten the 300 points for taking Sirius on a 1 day rental. Best $5 I ever spent with National!
I'd love to be corrected, but the only points I've seen hit up on 1-day rentals were:
1. App 75
2. Sirius 300
3. possibly, Enterprise 200

I don't recall anyone post that these hit up:
1. weekend 100
2. Checkout 50
what else is there?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:45 am

You may *be* away (aware??) That Emerald Checkout is different, and you may have used the correct procedure. But you came to a text-based, asynchronous communication medium asking for advice about Emerald Checkout, and never *said* that you used the correct procedure. You said you used the app.

So don't get snippy with me.
Joonydell likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.