Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by AvalancheDog
I've had three paid rentals (8/27, 9/4 and 9/17), so far just single credits. Have received 225 pt (3x mobile app rental) and 50 for survey. No points for "Complete 3 Rentals" (100 points). What gives? I've participated in this promotion for years and it's worked seamlessly. Is this a tech issue? They certainly don't make it easy - forcing you to have to log-on to a completely different page to track.

I'm Exec and only 1 from qualifying for 2020, but I'm getting ready to switch - e.g., waiting 10-30 minutes to get ANY vehicle 75% of time at places like STL is simply not worth it.
Every sentence of yours lacks precision, so it's hard to learn from it or to advise. Were your 3 rentals in accordance with promo conditions (cuz app rental 75 seem to hit up for any rental anyway)
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond National EE
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Every sentence of yours lacks precision, so it's hard to learn from it or to advise. Were your 3 rentals in accordance with promo conditions (cuz app rental 75 seem to hit up for any rental anyway)
Sorry about not being specific. All three rentals:

1. US location
2. Paid (no free days used)
3. Emerald Aisle selection (Executive Club vehicles)
4. All reservations made after I registered
5. All reservations made at least 1 week in advance
6. Each was a one-day rental.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:45 pm

Sorry about not being specific. All three rentals:

1. US location
2. Paid (no free days used)
3. Emerald Aisle selection (Executive Club vehicles)
4. All reservations made after I registered
5. All reservations made at least 1 week in advance
6. Each was a one-day rental.

From the Terms & Conditions link at the bottom of the Bonus Opportunities page:

During the Promotion, Members may earn points through one or more of the following methods. Members may earn 300 Points for each Qualifying Rental (as defined below) made after the date on which the Member registered and which occurs during the period beginning August 22, 2019, through February 29, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). For residents of the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, a Qualifying Rental is a paid rental, via the Emerald ClubŽ, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car RentalŽ locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, as well as in Argentina, Aruba, Belize, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, St. Maarten, Surinam, Tortola, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Australia, and New Zealand, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the Promotion Period. Members will only be awarded points for one rental out at a time, which identifies the Member as the primary driver. No credit will be awarded to Members for rentals made prior to a Member's registration date.
One day rentals don't qualify.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond National EE
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
From the Terms & Conditions link at the bottom of the Bonus Opportunities page:

One day rentals don't qualify.
Ah, thanks. This past month has been unusual with the one-day trips. Never noticed the two-day minimum in the past because it wasn't an issue. Good to know going forward.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:46 pm

Ah, thanks. This past month has been unusual with the one-day trips. Never noticed the two-day minimum in the past because it wasn't an issue. Good to know going forward.
If you're doing a one day rental, a good way to add points to it is to add Siriux XM to the rental. Since it's only 1 day the cost is - I think 4.99/day or something close to that, but you will earn 375 points for a 1 day. 75 points for booking through the app, and 300 points for adding Sirius XM. You can only get the Sirius XM 300 point bonus once, so the best bang-for-your-buck is on a 1 day rental.

This week I have a 1 way to JFK and a one way from JFK - it's a 450 point OneTwoFree week for me - without a rental at the destination.
AvalancheDog likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Question for the experts:
I have a week long rental in Grand Cayman over the holidays. I booked a Economy rental hoping to upgrade at the counter. Will it be considered a qualifying rental? Given that its in the Caribbean it should trigger a number of other bonuses as well.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I have a week long rental in Grand Cayman over the holidays. I booked a Economy rental hoping to upgrade at the counter. Will it be considered a qualifying rental? Given that its in the Caribbean it should trigger a number of other bonuses as well.
For residents of the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, a Qualifying Rental is a paid rental, via the Emerald ClubŽ, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car RentalŽ locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, as well as in Argentina, Aruba, Belize, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, St. Maarten, Surinam, Tortola, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Australia, and New Zealand, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the Promotion Period.
Not exactly sure how big an "economy" is, but I'm guessing it is smaller than a midsize and thus wouldn't qualify
Old Sep 29, 2019, 11:52 am

You might also contact National to verify that the Grand Cayman location participates in Emerald Club. I found out the hard way that some Caribbean locations do not.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Not exactly sure how big an "economy" is, but I'm guessing it is smaller than a midsize and thus wouldn't qualify
Well, last year I rented a "Compact" car at Cabo for 5 days and it registered as a qualifying rental and I got all the bonuses on it as well (Caribbean rental, Weekend rental, etc.) I was new to National then having reserved the car through Priceline and the getting Executive through Visa Infinite. No upgrade in Cabo but the rental qualified.

Unfortunately at Grand Cayman they only have SUVs now available and the price differential is significant.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by _kurt
You might also contact National to verify that the Grand Cayman location participates in Emerald Club. I found out the hard way that some Caribbean locations do not.
The Cayman Islands are listed as a location in the 1-2-F terms and conditions.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
For the Europe offer (300 points for a Europe Rental), anyone know of renting at enterprise for 1 day (Munich) will qualify for the bonus opportunity?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:07 pm

The Cayman Islands are listed as a location in the 1-2-F terms and conditions.
They sure are, but the T&C also say "at participating National Car RentalŽ locations in... ...Cayman Islands". Not all locations participate. If you think my advice is too paranoid and conservative then you are free to ignore it.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by _kurt
They sure are, but the T&C also say "at participating National Car RentalŽ locations in... ...Cayman Islands". Not all locations participate. If you think my advice is too paranoid and conservative then you are free to ignore it.
Well, considering there is only one National location in the whole of the Cayman Islands according to their map, I think they'd be had pressed to justify the T&Cs saying it is valid there and then exclude the only possible location
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:42 pm

I recently completed an 8-day rental from National but was only awarded 300 points. According to their FAQ, I should have received 600 points because 300 points are awarded every four consecutive rental days. However, every National rep I talked to claimed I could receive a maximum of 300 points per rental, regardless of rental duration. Am I missing something?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Oct 18, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I recently completed an 8-day rental from National but was only awarded 300 points. According to their FAQ, I should have received 600 points because 300 points are awarded every four consecutive rental days. However, every National rep I talked to claimed I could receive a maximum of 300 points per rental, regardless of rental duration. Am I missing something?
When they "were telling you that", why didn't you read to them from FAQ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.