Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:48 pm

I receive the 75 point bonus when renting from my local Enterprise (National) location at my local private airport. I've also earned the 300 point bonus for 2 day rentals from this location as well.

I really like the one two free promo and the length that it runs. I realize that I'm limited to 3 days at a time when using the coupons, as well as selections from the EE aisle, but so far this year I have already earned 1,400 points and have 3,800 points total for booked travel already - to go along with the free day credits I receive.

I'm doing a lot of double dipping with this promo. I always reserve my rentals through the app - so 75 One Two Free points for each rental - and for every work trip I earn at least 3 regular rental credits as I rent one way to the airport, 2-5 days at my destination and again 1 way from the airport to home. On a typical travel week, I earn 525 One Two Free points and 3 rental credits towards free days of any classification of vehicle.
m907 likes this.

Last edited by 2Labs; Sep 20, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by 2Labs
I receive the 75 point bonus when renting from my local Enterprise (National) location at my local private airport. I've also earned the 300 point bonus for 2 day rentals from this location as well.

I really like the one two free promo and the length that it runs. I realize that I'm limited to 3 days at a time when using the coupons, as well as selections from the EE aisle, but so far this year I have already earned 1,400 points and have 3,800 points total for booked travel already - to go along with the free day credits I receive.

I'm doing a lot of double dipping with this promo. I always reserve my rentals through the app - so 75 One Two Free points for each rental - and for every work trip I earn at least 3 regular rental credits as I rent one way to the airport, 2-5 days at my destination and again 1 way from the airport to home. On a typical travel week, I earn 525 One Two Free points and 3 rental credits towards free days of any classification of vehicle.
may be missing out on Emerald Checkout? (or does your airport NOT offer that). The way written, is it National (shared with Enterprise location - but seems irrelevant(?) to topic - you always rent from?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:57 am

Has anyone been able to get credit for renting from an Enterprise at a major airport? I
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
may be missing out on Emerald Checkout? (or does your airport NOT offer that). The way written, is it National (shared with Enterprise location - but seems irrelevant(?) to topic - you always rent from?
The local location I rent from is an Enterprise location, but I'm able to rent through our National contract - and the National App (or website), here.

My colleague and I have a reservation in a few weeks at an Enterprise only airport location (BIS), and could not rent the car through the National App or website. He's getting in 1st so will grab the rental car. He had to rent the car on the Enterprise website, but was able to login using his National credentials by clicking on the Sign In button and then using the "Add Emerald Club" button. It will be interesting to see if the OneTwo Free points apply to this rental, and if the regular National free day credits are applied.

I also haven't had any luck with Emerald Checkout at JFK, LGA, MCI, LAX, MSP, BNA to mention a few.

Last edited by 2Labs; Sep 21, 2019 at 10:29 am
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Has anyone been able to get credit for renting from an Enterprise at a major airport? I
I'll let you know next week. My colleague and I have a rental from BIS that is an Enterprise only location - but as noted in my above reply, it was rented using National credentials through the Enterprise site.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by 2Labs
I'll let you know next week. My colleague and I have a rental from BIS that is an Enterprise only location - but as noted in my above reply, it was rented using National credentials through the Enterprise site.
keep us posted!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
is there a minimum amount of days that must be booked when redeeming a 1,2 free day coupon?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Joonydell
is there a minimum amount of days that must be booked when redeeming a 1,2 free day coupon?
No, you can redeem them for 1, 2 or 3 day rentals. The maximum number of days for redeeming them is 3 days. If you have more coupons and have a need for a longer rental, just make reservations for 3 days at a time, and turn the car in every 3 days.

You also cannot combine them with free days you earn through the standard earning of free days (either every 5 or 6 rentals). These are standalone coupons.

You are also limited on the selection of vehicles available with this coupon. At my local Enterprise/National location I could not use them for a Premium car - only a full size or smaller. If you are Executive or Executive Elite, you can use them for rentals from the Executive Aisle, which generally gives you a decent selection.

I LOVE these coupons for 1 way trips to the airport when my wife and I take vacations. I've earned 2 free days in the promo already,and will secure another next week.

I've applied the 2 coupons to 1 way rentals to and from JFK for our trip to Phoenix in November. The next 2 will be applied to 1 way rentals to/from JFK for our trip in February to California

A normal 1 way to JFK for me is $108.46, with the coupon it's $4.17 (Typically Premium Selection, Full size with the coupon)
A normal 1 way from JFK for me is $168.23, with the coupon it's $3.10 (Executive Aisle)

Last edited by 2Labs; Sep 21, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
You may *be* away (aware??) That Emerald Checkout is different, and you may have used the correct procedure. But you came to a text-based, asynchronous communication medium asking for advice about Emerald Checkout, and never *said* that you used the correct procedure. You said you used the app.

So don't get snippy with me.
Nor did I say that I DIDN'T follow the proper procedures for creating via the app AND for using Emerald Checkout at the time of rental. So put your thesaurus down.

That being said, I also made a 3 day reservation via the app AND used Emerald Checkout at the time of rental on my most recent reservation. I received 300 points for the rental, 75 points for making the reservation via the app. But again no 50 points ts for using Emerald Checkout. The barcode was scanned at the gate

Has anyone received the 50 points for using Emerald Checkout?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm not seeing the 50 points for emerald checkout in my offers this year, dang!
lbbzman likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xienon
I don't have it either. Barely got to use it last year as so many cars didn't have a scannable barcode
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by xienon
Same here. I went ahead and used it to see if I'd still get the bonus points, but alas I did not.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
In trying to use two One-Two-Free coupons on a 2 or 3 day full-size rental at a non-aisle airport location. I'm running into an error where it will not allow me to finalize the reservation while logged in.
Logged out, I can get to the final screen with full size category selected.
Logging in and I then get an error that the coupons cannot be used for a full size rental, and am offered Compact and Midsize only.

Anyone else having this issue? I want the rental to be on my account / use the card on file / etc., but it appears that there is some type of conflict.
Thanks much!
These coupons are only valid up to mid-size. Booking full size will give you an error. The T&C does say full size works, but I've never been able to book full.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kxc262
These coupons are only valid up to mid-size. Booking full size will give you an error. The T&C does say full size works, but I've never been able to book full.
Sorry I didn't come back to close the loop. I ended up making the reservation without logging in (selecting Full Size), then calling back to add my EE number after it was completed. So now the reservation is as it should be.

The rep postulated that it's possible that it would not combine with a discount code (including the Emerald Club member discount that is automatically added when you log in). But this was just a guess.

Either way, reservation is correct now.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond National EE
I've had three paid rentals (8/27, 9/4 and 9/17), so far just single credits. Have received 225 pt (3x mobile app rental) and 50 for survey. No points for "Complete 3 Rentals" (100 points). What gives? I've participated in this promotion for years and it's worked seamlessly. Is this a tech issue? They certainly don't make it easy - forcing you to have to log-on to a completely different page to track.

I'm Exec and only 1 from qualifying for 2020, but I'm getting ready to switch - e.g., waiting 10-30 minutes to get ANY vehicle 75% of time at places like STL is simply not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.