Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Unless missed something it seems this year Enterprise rentals are not included in OTF promotion. Looked up and down my dashboard and FAQ section without seeing any mention of Enterprise.

Last year you could get a limited number of points via renting with Enterprise regardless how one booked reservation. Long as you chose "EC rewards" or otherwise linked the booking to National. Qualifer was bookings had to be at local neighborhood Enterprise location. Again don't see any of that this year unless missed something.

If true this stinks because unless am booking something out of town Enterprise is literally right down street; meanwhile National's remaining locations are either downtown or mid-town.
I do have 200-pointer Neighborhood Rental on my dashboard. Is it necessarily a One-time bonus; any limit of how many 200-pointers you could earn?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Quite honestly unless one has a very specific reason cannot see why anyone would not book intermediate/mid-size.
Was $10 cheaper for the week to book the compact and I had the upgrade coupon so I thought why not? No point using the upgrade coupon on a midsize because of the aisle.
Finally IIRC terms of EC membership make it clear one must reserve and drive a mid-size (or above) vehicle to get reward points.
It might say that but I've gotten credits for a midsize reservation where I took a Sonic Turbo (CCAR). In fact, sometimes I get rental credits on free days as well.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I do have 200-pointer Neighborhood Rental on my dashboard. Is it necessarily a One-time bonus; any limit of how many 200-pointers you could earn?
" You can earn up to three Enterprise neighborhood bonuses for up to 600 bonus points"
You can earn up to three Enterprise neighborhood bonuses for up to 600 bonus points
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
Was $10 cheaper for the week to book the compact and I had the upgrade coupon so I thought why not? No point using the upgrade coupon on a midsize because of the aisle.

It might say that but I've gotten credits for a midsize reservation where I took a Sonic Turbo (CCAR). In fact, sometimes I get rental credits on free days as well.
Wait: rental credits is not = 12F
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
" You can earn up to three Enterprise neighborhood bonuses for up to 600 bonus points"
You can earn up to three Enterprise neighborhood bonuses for up to 600 bonus points
Has been obvious for some time that OTF promotions are tailored to various individual or demographic of renters. There is not one whiff of anything Enterprise related on my DB, this despite fact rent quite often instead of National because they are right down street.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Has been obvious for some time that OTF promotions are tailored to various individual or demographic of renters. There is not one whiff of anything Enterprise related on my DB, this despite fact rent quite often instead of National because they are right down street.
Sounds like mine as well. Rented from Enterprise during the promo and earned 0.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you book a two-day rental, but apply one free day to the reservation (so you still pay for one day), does that count as one rental toward your next OTF free day?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by hobo13
If you book a two-day rental, but apply one free day to the reservation (so you still pay for one day), does that count as one rental toward your next OTF free day?
Not in my experience. It must be two paid days.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:20 pm

you meant to ask whether you get 300-pointer. Answer is NO. But you may well get 75-point "app rez", 300-point "Sirius XM" and probably 50-point "checkout". Good question is whether this rental would count toward "3 completed rentals" (?)
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
"you meant to ask whether you get 300-pointer. Answer is NO. But you may well get 75-point "app rez", 300-point "Sirius XM" and probably 50-point "checkout". Good question is whether this rental would count toward "3 completed rentals" (?)"

I actually did get the 300 point Sirius for this rental, but did not get the 300 points for the rental itself. Guess that makes sense. Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:29 pm

"you meant to ask whether you get 300-pointer. Answer is NO. But you may well get 75-point "app rez", 300-point "Sirius XM" and probably 50-point "checkout". Good question is whether this rental would count toward "3 completed rentals" (?)"

I actually did get the 300 point Sirius for this rental, but did not get the 300 points for the rental itself. Guess that makes sense. Thanks.
Again, your terminology is not precise. None of this make sense. But it is how it's programmed, so we roll with the punches

Like I said: the only unclear is whether it might count toward the "3 completed rentals" 100-pointer
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I booked a Caribbean reservation in app, but it disappears after the pickup date. Does non-US location process it differently?

One day after return, I got 300 points for rental and another 300 for rent in Caribbean. However, I did not get the 75-point for mobile app, nor does it show in my rental history in the app. Will I get it if I ask?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Is there any way to apply two coupon codes in the app (like you can with up to three on the website)?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
Is there any way to apply two coupon codes in the app (like you can with up to three on the website)?
I haven't found a way to do that ... I also can't seem to make a reservation that uses my regular free days either. I have to do each of these through the website.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by 2Labs
I haven't found a way to do that ... I also can't seem to make a reservation that uses my regular free days either. I have to do each of these through the website.
For the regular free days, on the homepage in the app, instead of clicking on the little car button to start a new reservation, click on the Redeem Free Days button. Going through that pathway, you'll have a dropdown menu to pick how many days you want to apply. That's how it is on Android at least, can't speak for iOS. And agreed, it's not the most intuitive.

Back to the coupon codes, it doesn't seem like multiple can be applied within the app, but I'm trying a workaround. I made a two day reservation in the app using one of my 12F codes, then I went to the website to modify the reservation and add a second 12F code. My hope is that the reservation will still be coded as being made in the app for the 75 points and the 300 for a 2-day booking.

I'm not even sure if the scenario qualifies for 12F earnings at all since the price is now at $0, but no harm in trying to earn and burn on the same res. One quirk (which might just be a coincidence with one-way availability on the specific dates/locations I'm renting) - in the app it let me apply the single 12F code to a Full Size, but when I modified the res on the website and added the second code, it would only work for Compact or Midsize.

I should see how all this pans out by Sunday and will report back.
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.