Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:42 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
No way around it, unfortunately, if you want to use 6 at once.

Like I said though you don't have to go to the place you rented it from; it can be any National location. 1-2-F days are good for one ways.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I don't think there's a National location closer to Keokuk, IA than the Moline, IL airport. That's the price I pay for going to an out-of-the-way location I guess.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
No way around it, unfortunately, if you want to use 6 at once.

Like I said though you don't have to go to the place you rented it from; it can be any National location. 1-2-F days are good for one ways.
Wow - this is not entirely correct. For years, locations have allowed you to "re-up" over the phone for the next set of 3 days. Yes, back-to-back 3 day reservations need to be made - but if you explain your situation to the desk/mgr/agents inside - many will allow you to just make the phone call on the date of designated return, and re-up over the phone. I, and many others, have been doing this for years. It can depend on: the location's willingness/ability/knowledge to do this, your status/knowledge of the program when working with the location, the vehicle you initially take (if they upgrade you from your original car class reserved, you may be subject to bringing that back to take the same car class for the next re-upping res).

FYI, I've phone re-upped 4 times for a total of 12 rental days (in Maui, no less) without any issue whatsoever. My brother, whom I gifted free days to, mirrored by exact experience for 3 re-ups of his own at the OGG location as well.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
Wow - this is not entirely correct. For years, locations have allowed you to "re-up" over the phone for the next set of 3 days. Yes, back-to-back 3 day reservations need to be made - but if you explain your situation to the desk/mgr/agents inside - many will allow you to just make the phone call on the date of designated return, and re-up over the phone. I, and many others, have been doing this for years. It can depend on: the location's willingness/ability/knowledge to do this, your status/knowledge of the program when working with the location, the vehicle you initially take (if they upgrade you from your original car class reserved, you may be subject to bringing that back to take the same car class for the next re-upping res).

FYI, I've phone re-upped 4 times for a total of 12 rental days (in Maui, no less) without any issue whatsoever. My brother, whom I gifted free days to, mirrored by exact experience for 3 re-ups of his own at the OGG location as well.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call when I make the reservations and see what they say.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:14 am

I have tried the phone re-up and been shot down. I agree that others have gotten this to work, but this is a big YMMV. If I were you, 2 hours from the location, I would call and talk to the MANAGER of that location prior to your rental to verify if that location is willing to do it.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:02 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Not sure why my information earned a "wow" from you - the terms and conditions on this point are very clear. It's the same reason you can't add more than 7 standard free days to a reservation, even if you have more than that banked and you want to have the reservation be longer. Of course you might find a helpful agent somewhere, but that is hardly to be expected. In my experience I've never found a location or agent willing to do this, and I always ask the manager.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
12F vouchers need to be used by Jun 16th, does that mean booked or rental is complete?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnredfox
12F vouchers need to be used by Jun 16th, does that mean booked or rental is complete?
Most likely rental complete. You'll know by when you make the res, if they apply when you get to the summary page. If it doesn't let you get there, they're not letting you apply the coupons to that rental with those dates.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:18 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Ritz
Most likely rental complete. You'll know by when you make the res, if they apply when you get to the summary page. If it doesn't let you get there, they're not letting you apply the coupons to that rental with those dates.
I'm not sure since the regular banked days can be applied beyond expiration, just need to book by, but if you cancel, the free day is lost. Try it for yourself and if the reservation confirms, you're all set. Just thought if something else which contradicts this, since 12F days are in the form of coupons, then they may not work after expiration.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm not sure since the regular banked days can be applied beyond expiration, just need to book by, but if you cancel, the free day is lost. Try it for yourself and if the reservation confirms, you're all set. Just thought if something else which contradicts this, since 12F days are in the form of coupons, then they may not work after expiration.
Will try and report back, thanks. Makes sense that you can book with the free days, so makes sense you could use 12F cpns too.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Time is running out to use these!

If you can't - think about sharing!
I can make use of a few - as can some other regulars here.

PM is best.

Ron.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc

PM is best.

Ron.
Thanks for the reminder Ron! I just changed a week-long reservation I had for this coming Friday to use up my last 12F coupons. Only have a 5 day rental now, but at least I'm not wasting free days.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
I plan to use my 1-2-Free days in early June. I have six coupons, but there is only space for three coupons on the reservation screen. How do I apply the other three?
I booked two different reservations using 3 coupons each. On the day I was supposed to return the first one I called the rental location and they closed the first rental and started the second rental without me having to go in.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by newfbc

PM is best.

Ron.
Geesh. I've got four of these sitting in the bank. I probably could have used them a couple of months back but I also wanted to get the Elite Qualification Credits toward next year's renewal.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by plagwate
Geesh. I've got four of these sitting in the bank. I probably could have used them a couple of months back but I also wanted to get the Elite Qualification Credits toward next year's renewal.
Feel free to pass on a couple if you like.

I can make use of a couple, drzoidberg, Tuneman1984 and some other regulars possibly as well.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.