Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Oct 2, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
The National App gives the bonus 75 points in Canada. I did not have this showing as a bonus opportunity but did get the 75 extra points for my rental last weekend.

Ron.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just a data point, I rented from a local Enterprise location in Phoenix, and my points posted towards this promotion. I took my car in to get some body work done. So talking with the Enterprise guy, I have set up 4 weekend rental at the lovely price of $9.90/day for Fri and Sat night and will return on monday (the location is closed on sunday and according to this guy if you rent from a local location you can not return it to the airport.) SO for under $50 I'll get cheap points plus my work rentals.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:11 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Thumbs down Disappointing

Wow, so it appears this year's 1-2-Free is SIGNIFICANTLY devalued, at least from my perspective. I have only had two rentals since the promo period began, but only earned credit for one. So I just called and learned some rather distressing info about "qualifying rentals" this year.

ONE WAY RENTALS DO NOT QUALIFY. This is a significant portion of my rental activity. I primarily use National as my transportation to/from LAX and other local airports (BUR, ONT, SNA, SAN). As BUR is very close to me, I often return/rent there and travel between local airports. These will no longer qualify for the promo (they were the primary types of rentals I used for earning the last round). So, no matter how close they are, rentals must be picked up and dropped off at the exact same station.

RENTALS MUST BE PAID AT THE FULL SIZE RATE (or higher, presumably). This is just silly IMHO. National selects the Midsize rate for me by default on every rental, even though the category shows Full Size reserved. It's just part of the benefit of being Executive (or Exec Elite? it's just been that way since I can remember). I'm not even sure how to select the Full Size rate! When the category is selected, it automatically charges for Midsize. So it appears that for Exec status members, you MUST select at least the Premium category! Does not make sense to me. Anyway, the CSR agent I spoke to was explicit that rentals paying a Midsize rate would not qualify. Lame.

I earned 14 1-2-Free awards last year and was looking forward to a bunch more this year. But it looks as though with these "enhancements" it will be significantly less this year. Thumbs down, National.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Wow, so it appears this year's 1-2-Free is SIGNIFICANTLY devalued, at least from my perspective. I have only had two rentals since the promo period began, but only earned credit for one. So I just called and learned some rather distressing info about "qualifying rentals" this year.

ONE WAY RENTALS DO NOT QUALIFY. This is a significant portion of my rental activity. I primarily use National as my transportation to/from LAX and other local airports (BUR, ONT, SNA, SAN). As BUR is very close to me, I often return/rent there and travel between local airports. These will no longer qualify for the promo (they were the primary types of rentals I used for earning the last round). So, no matter how close they are, rentals must be picked up and dropped off at the exact same station.

RENTALS MUST BE PAID AT THE FULL SIZE RATE (or higher, presumably). This is just silly IMHO. National selects the Midsize rate for me by default on every rental, even though the category shows Full Size reserved. It's just part of the benefit of being Executive (or Exec Elite? it's just been that way since I can remember). I'm not even sure how to select the Full Size rate! When the category is selected, it automatically charges for Midsize. So it appears that for Exec status members, you MUST select at least the Premium category! Does not make sense to me. Anyway, the CSR agent I spoke to was explicit that rentals paying a Midsize rate would not qualify. Lame.

I earned 14 1-2-Free awards last year and was looking forward to a bunch more this year. But it looks as though with these "enhancements" it will be significantly less this year. Thumbs down, National.
This is straight from the T&C "A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club®, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental® locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion."
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:35 am

I've been booking midsize cars without problem.

At least the promotional codes seem to be posting faster than in previous years, once earned.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:45 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by KevinMD
This is straight from the T&C "A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club®, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental® locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion."
Talk about a bad agent! I'll try again and update when I have more time and if I have better luck... Hope this is the case.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:11 pm

There is nothing in those T&Cs that state one-way rentals do not qualify. Besides, paid one-ways are usually more expensive than roundtrip, so if anything, National would benefit from such consecutive days. Unless they suddenly lost interest in a big part of the rental business.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
There is nothing in those T&Cs that state one-way rentals do not qualify. Besides, paid one-ways are usually more expensive than roundtrip, so if anything, National would benefit from such consecutive days. Unless they suddenly lost interest in a big part of the rental business.
Sadly price (and logic) is irrelevant. Last year there were times that compact were more expensive than midsize due to gas prices, etc. I mistakenly rented compact for the few extra dollars because that is what I wanted but I was denied 1 2 Free credit even though the car was more expensive.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:52 pm

One way rentals do count. I had 2 one way rentals and earned a free day.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JonathanIT

RENTALS MUST BE PAID AT THE FULL SIZE RATE (or higher, presumably).
This is not true my rental last week from Enterprise was a mid-size car and my points posted...Another Data point for you all, I only reserve a mid-size car and take a full size car, and my three rentals all have posted along with two free rentals...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
This is not true my rental last week from Enterprise was a mid-size car and my points posted...Another Data point for you all, I only reserve a mid-size car and take a full size car, and my three rentals all have posted along with two free rentals...
Did you make your reservation online on enterprise.com using the emerald club login? When I do that the rates tend to increase.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:40 am

One way rentals do count. I had 2 one way rentals and earned a free day.

Was this a co-terminal one-way (ex JFK-LGA), a regional intercity one-way (ex JFK-BOS), or a random interncity one-way (ex PIT-GSO)? Not that it should make a difference, according to the T&Cs.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Enterprise Rental?

What are the requirements for Enterprise rentals to qualify for 200 points this year? Mid-size and above? Minimum 2 days? Neither are mentioned in T&C.

Last weekend, I had a 3-day rental from Enterprise with the $9.99 weekend special rate, which is for compact. But the staff ended up giving me a free upgrade to a full-size. Are there any chances for this rental to qualify for 200 points? What about the regular rental credit on National?

By the way, I added my National number at the Enterprise counter, but it did not show up on the final receipt. Is that normal?

UPDATE: Finally the $9.99/day 3-day Enterprise rental is posted two days after return. It is counted for both the ONE TWO FREE (200 points) and regular National rental credit towards free day. In short, the rental counts for 1/3 (1-2 Free) +1/6 (Executive)=1/2 free day. I am not sure whether the fact that I got the free upgrade to full-size car mattered though.

If one 1-day rental at $9.99+tax would also count, then it would be a fantastic value to do CR (car run). I value a free day at least $50, so any Enterprise rental under $25 would be a deal.

Last edited by cloudybw; Oct 9, 2013 at 7:03 pm Reason: UPDATE Result
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by averind
Did you make your reservation online on enterprise.com using the emerald club login? When I do that the rates tend to increase.
Not on this rental, my insurance company paid for it and the time of me picking up the car I had them input my national #. I did the same thing for this past weekend, I just showed up at the Enterprise office and at the time of rental, I had them place my # in the contract. I rented the 19.99/day special. I return the car yesterday, so my points might post today or tomorrow.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I just got my monthly statement from National, and it shows the expiration date for the One Two Free days I've earned is 6/17/2014. Is that correct? Aren't regular free days good until the end of the year after they're earned? This is only about 9 months. I was hoping to use some of these days in July next year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.