FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:08 pm
Howste

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Ritz
Wow - this is not entirely correct. For years, locations have allowed you to "re-up" over the phone for the next set of 3 days. Yes, back-to-back 3 day reservations need to be made - but if you explain your situation to the desk/mgr/agents inside - many will allow you to just make the phone call on the date of designated return, and re-up over the phone. I, and many others, have been doing this for years. It can depend on: the location's willingness/ability/knowledge to do this, your status/knowledge of the program when working with the location, the vehicle you initially take (if they upgrade you from your original car class reserved, you may be subject to bringing that back to take the same car class for the next re-upping res).

FYI, I've phone re-upped 4 times for a total of 12 rental days (in Maui, no less) without any issue whatsoever. My brother, whom I gifted free days to, mirrored by exact experience for 3 re-ups of his own at the OGG location as well.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call when I make the reservations and see what they say.