Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by Howste
I just got my monthly statement from National, and it shows the expiration date for the One Two Free days I've earned is 6/17/2014. Is that correct? Aren't regular free days good until the end of the year after they're earned? This is only about 9 months. I was hoping to use some of these days in July next year.
Yes it's correct. These are not "regular free days" they are One Two Free promotion free days. Check the T&C for the promotion.

Days have expired around mid-June of the following year for this promo for as long as I can recall.

RE using them in July, in the past I have used them after the June expiration (I think for a Sept reservation) as National seemed to treat the expiration as a "book by" rather than "use by" date. YMMV as this is not guaranteed to be case this year.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by mwk190
Yes it's correct. These are not "regular free days" they are One Two Free promotion free days. Check the T&C for the promotion.

Days have expired around mid-June of the following year for this promo for as long as I can recall.

RE using them in July, in the past I have used them after the June expiration (I think for a Sept reservation) as National seemed to treat the expiration as a "book by" rather than "use by" date. YMMV as this is not guaranteed to be case this year.
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:16 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

But beware that even if you book by the expiration date any cancellation or change to the reservation will probably result in loss of the free days.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
I can't seem to get the virtual credentials to flip to complete. I'm pretty sure I had standard mailed packet previously. Even tried setting back to mailed, saving, then switching to electronic. Any ideas? Maybe leave it as mailed for a week then try selecting electronic again?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JeffISU
I can't seem to get the virtual credentials to flip to complete. I'm pretty sure I had standard mailed packet previously. Even tried setting back to mailed, saving, then switching to electronic. Any ideas? Maybe leave it as mailed for a week then try selecting electronic again?
Mine took a couple of days to register once I switched to electronic.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:07 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Has anyone been able to successfully book a reservation using a coupon via the app? It has a field to enter coupon codes, but it seems to completely ignore them. I would like to get the app booking bonus points, but not at the cost of a free weekend day.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:11 am

I've gotten coupons to work many times. The way it handles them on the pages before confirmation can be a bit wonky but in the end it always works out as it should.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dtremit
Has anyone been able to successfully book a reservation using a coupon via the app? It has a field to enter coupon codes, but it seems to completely ignore them. I would like to get the app booking bonus points, but not at the cost of a free weekend day.
I used the app to book without the coupon, then go back and add the coupon via the website and have received the app bonus.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I've gotten coupons to work many times. The way it handles them on the pages before confirmation can be a bit wonky but in the end it always works out as it should.
On the iPhone app?

I just tried creating a reservation with a free day coupon and LDW, and the reservation that resulted had neither. Was able to add them on the web (thanks for the tip, KevinMD) but yeesh.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:59 pm

Questions about credits for a 9-day rental?

My gf had a rental for up to nine days. FWIU, National considered 8-day or above as two rental credits. For One-Two Free, I believe it counts two sets of 2-day, so at the end she got 600 points. However, shouldn't she get another 200 considering it is longer than a week of the rental, totaling 800 points?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Oct 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
My gf had a rental for up to nine days. FWIU, National considered 8-day or above as two rental credits. For One-Two Free, I believe it counts two sets of 2-day, so at the end she got 600 points. However, shouldn't she get another 200 considering it is longer than a week of the rental, totaling 800 points?
We're talking about National rentals, right? It's 300 points per every 4 days:

You will receive 300 points per qualifying rental or 300 points every four consecutive rental days, whichever is greater. For example, a rental lasting two days = 300 points and a rental lasting eight days = 600 points. A long-term rental of 24 days will receive 1,800 points.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I did. It takes serveral trials though.

It seems you have to click somewhere else before submitting the form to make the coupon recognized.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:44 am

On the iPhone app?

I just tried creating a reservation with a free day coupon and LDW, and the reservation that resulted had neither. Was able to add them on the web (thanks for the tip, KevinMD) but yeesh.
Yes, on the iPhone app. As I said, it's behavior is a bit odd, but in the end it has worked for me every time.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So far I have earned 10 free days, this is sort of fun... Is there a limited on the amount of day we can earn?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I tried the Android app applying a contract ID and free day coupon. First time searching it applied the discount but not the coupon. Going back to the beginning and hitting search again it then showed the 'free day applied' message in the initial car list and correctly applied the discount and free day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.