Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by humansoul
This is the reason why I've decided not to rent another one if I was given the opportunity. Limiting the speed to 130 makes it a very frustrating long highway drive. I would only rent if you plan to cruise in the city and local streets.
I have rented a 5.0 Mustang from YYZ without the 130kph limit. So it's worth checking. Good excuse to get the keys out while negotiating the rate.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:10 pm

Rented from YYZ last weekend.
Didn't look at EE aisles, but plenty of Mitsubishi SUVs and sedans kicking around for us regulars Emerald Club members.
There were also some Chevy SUVs, and some new Fords.

I chose a brand new Ford Fusion Titanium. Had only 9.9km on it when I picked it up! Newest car I've driven off with. Was loaded and was a very smooth ride.

Upon dropping it off the manager came out to ask about it as he said it was (apparently?) the first time they've brought them in loaded with so many features.

All positive, except that they charged me the wrong rate and I just realized today...so need to rectify that.

Have another rental this coming week and will see wht else is there.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: National Emerald, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by FunMonty
Have another rental this coming week and will see wht else is there.
Please do. I'll be flying into YYZ next weekend. I'm not going to re-qualify for Executive in February, so this will be one of my last chances to use the ES. Hoping to snag a loaded Taurus, Fusion or Explorer.

Let me know what you see. I'll be flying into T3, but I'm going to hop on the train and pick up from T1. Bigger ES/EA selection, and if there's nothing there that I like, I can always look in the FCAR areas for a Fusion.

First time renting from T1 at YYZ though, so I'm not too sure of the layout. Last year when I rented from T3, it was a gong show, vehicles everywhere, tiny Emerald area, and a terrible choice to pick from. I just happened to get a Fusion SE by chance that was just brought in from the returns area as I asked if they had any. Loved that car...if I needed a new vehicle, the Taurus and Fusion would be heavily considered.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:35 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by Stealth22
Please do. I'll be flying into YYZ next weekend. I'm not going to re-qualify for Executive in February, so this will be one of my last chances to use the ES. Hoping to snag a loaded Taurus, Fusion or Explorer.

Let me know what you see. I'll be flying into T3, but I'm going to hop on the train and pick up from T1. Bigger ES/EA selection, and if there's nothing there that I like, I can always look in the FCAR areas for a Fusion.

First time renting from T1 at YYZ though, so I'm not too sure of the layout. Last year when I rented from T3, it was a gong show, vehicles everywhere, tiny Emerald area, and a terrible choice to pick from. I just happened to get a Fusion SE by chance that was just brought in from the returns area as I asked if they had any. Loved that car...if I needed a new vehicle, the Taurus and Fusion would be heavily considered.

T-3 has been fully changed. It used to be at the north end across from Domestic arrivals, it is now at the south end across from International arrivals. It is much bigger.

T-1 is at the far end of the car rental level. The aisle is right out the exit to the cars.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:08 pm

Is the new T3 bigger than T1?

Originally Posted by briantoronto
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth22

T-3 has been fully changed. It used to be at the north end across from Domestic arrivals, it is now at the south end across from International arrivals. It is much bigger.

T-1 is at the far end of the car rental level. The aisle is right out the exit to the cars.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:06 pm

I have not seen the new T3 area but highly doubtful; everything at T3 is much smaller then T1, the old national there was pitiful in size...
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by hearna
I have not seen the new T3 area but highly doubtful; everything at T3 is much smaller then T1, the old national there was pitiful in size...
Thx. I dont usually bother going to T3 unless T1 is totally empty.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto

Is it on-par with the T1 location now? I think I might still go to T1, in light of hearna's post. Everything at T3 is smaller in general.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Cars at YYZ

T3 is still smaller.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:44 pm

Any suggestions on my strategy...I've lost my Exec and I'm trying to regain it and thinking of renting a vehicle for our family road trip at the end of this month. I currently have a reservation for this coming Wednesday for a full size, but I truly need the capacity of an SUV. Should I schedule during primetime (6-8pm) and hope there's some SUVs in the emerald aisle or schedule to pick up late at night, where slim pickings may work or not work to my advantage.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:56 pm

Hey humansould,
I generally rent midday...;.between 11am and 2pm, and there is always a full section of cars at T1. only 1 time have I ever not had the option to choose a SUV (sometimes smaller ones)....and even then, I had a minivan I could choose.

Very lacklustre options this past weekend when I picked up my car. Chose a Buick Encoure. Not bad, not great. Was mostly smaller fords and Mitsubishi and the Nissan Titan that seems to be there half the time.

The executive aisle had many more nice options, including some SUVs - things like Nissan Xterra, etc. But I didn't pay close attention. I have been given "free" choice of Executive aisle before....but only when they feel generous.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:00 am

Any suggestions on my strategy...I've lost my Exec and I'm trying to regain it and thinking of renting a vehicle for our family road trip at the end of this month. I currently have a reservation for this coming Wednesday for a full size, but I truly need the capacity of an SUV. Should I schedule during primetime (6-8pm) and hope there's some SUVs in the emerald aisle or schedule to pick up late at night, where slim pickings may work or not work to my advantage.
I usually arrive late night (10 -11pm) and there are lots to choose from in both aisles. The staff is pretty good at YYZ if you can't find an SUV on EA they usually let people get it from ES.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:11 am

Thanks FunMonty and Powermax. I'll probably go in the late evening since I have things to attend to and am at work during the day. Hopefully, National is not storing and reserving all the SUVs for the upcoming long weekend. I've seen them do this last year, where all they had in the aisles were Mustangs!

I'll update the post with the latest selections this coming Wednesday once I've taken a look.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:02 am

Thanks FunMonty and Powermax. I'll probably go in the late evening since I have things to attend to and am at work during the day. Hopefully, National is not storing and reserving all the SUVs for the upcoming long weekend. I've seen them do this last year, where all they had in the aisles were Mustangs!

I'll update the post with the latest selections this coming Wednesday once I've taken a look.
Thx. Im actually in the same boat. Will be there wed or thus late evening but Im an ES member.

Last edited by powermax; Jun 23, 2014 at 2:12 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:19 pm

Flying in on Saturday afternoon. Is there likely to be a decent ES selection?

Hoping to get one of the new loaded Taurus/Explorer/Escape, or at least a Fusion. I don't know what it is, but I seem to hate all of the rental offerings out there, aside from maybe the new Impala, which I have yet to drive.

Loved the Fusion I got last year though...if I don't find anything in the ES that I like, is their Fusion fleet large enough that I might find one in the FCAR aisles? (Technically I have an FCAR reservation, with the ES benefit)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.