5/31/2013 T3
ES
Fusion
CX7
outlander
Maxima
Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: National Emerald, Avis Preferred Plus
Yeah, setting up the Bluetooth was a little funky, as it wouldn't find my phone. Tried again after arriving at my destination, and it worked
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Coupons never work at YYZ

Seems like no matter which coupon code I try , with or without discount code no matter which date it says "cannot use coupon on this rental". Is YYZ station privately owned & they don't participate in any corporate coupons?
(Even with NO discount code used!)
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Not sure muskoka, I just tried a dummy booking and it accept both the 5007125 EC discount code and the free weekend day coupon.

Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Hmmm.
I've been trying the 25% off for 5 days or more
Coupon ND3265FFC for dates July 22 to July 31.for a mid-size.
Sat night keep satisfied, Start date satisfied. Vehicle type satisfied.
Tried with no Corp code, & a couple others I use Tried other dates ending before Jul 27. No go on any of them.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by muskoka
Hmmm.
I've been trying the 25% off for 5 days or more
Coupon ND3265FFC for dates July 22 to July 31.for a mid-size.
Sat night keep satisfied, Start date satisfied. Vehicle type satisfied.
Tried with no Corp code, & a couple others I use Tried other dates ending before Jul 27. No go on any of them.
Coupons are also subject to blackouts and capacity controls, which is what this sounds like.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by KevinMD
Coupons are also subject to blackouts and capacity controls, which is what this sounds like.
Probably what it is. I used a free day coupon on my rental this past weekend, and I had no issues.

By the way, when I returned the Fusion at Terminal 3 yesterday, I took a peek at the ES and noticed two Jeeps (Patriots, I believe), an Outlander, a Charger, and at least one Town & Country. I was in a rush to get to the terminal, so I didn't get a chance to look for anything else.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Fantastic lineup on the ES today. Everything brand new:

Ford Explorer Limited 302A (Fully loaded, 20" Wheels, Vista Roof)
Ford Taurus 203A (Leather, Sunroof, and MFT)
Ford Flex SEL
Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chrysler 300 (With the dual-pane moonroof)
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:04 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
YYZ T1 June 14 @ ~7pm

Exec Selection: Base 300s and Chargers, Hyundai Sonatas, base Buick LaCrosse, a few Maximas. A Nissan Xterra and a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Meh.

The Emerald Aisle: Dodge Avengers as far as the eye can see. And one 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD with sunroof and up-market wheels, which I took.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
June 19 - T1 lot (close to sold out) appx 9AM

Aisle - about 5 RVRs, 1 malibu, 1 Escape and a few others. Usually the aisle looks a lot better when I rent in the afternoon.

Exec - A few Explorer XLTs, A few Edge SEL/Limited, 1 Taurus SEL AWD/1 Limited AWD (not ecoboost), 1 Jeep Patriot, 1 Dodge Durango, 1 Charger, 1 Maxima (I hate how they don't have sat radio, considering it's a PXAR), 1 Nissan Xterra

I took the Taurus Limited. Second time in one, must say it's by far the best ride quality I've had in a rental with the 300 not too far behind.

As far as the Fusion goes, maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing more and more titanuims with the 2.0 eco. I can't say that I've seen anything lower than that recently...

Tons of Suburbans, Tahoes and convertibles in the ER. Has anyone ever seen a convertible/sporty in the Exec?

I'll see if I can sneak in a few pictures of the EA/ES tomorrow when I switch rentals (Company to leisure).

Last edited by mapelle621; Jun 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm Reason: specification
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Cars at YYZ

To answer your question I got a Mustang GT from Exec two summers ago
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
June 24 + pics

Returned an escape titanium on June 24th around 6:30 AM. I checked out the selection and it was pretty bad in my opinion, dodge and chevy land. I swear since I've started posting here, the selections have steadily gotten worse. lol. I have a reservation for next weekend (Canada Day), and I can't imagine the selection then

To add on to my previous question, has anyone ever recently seen a hybrid at National YYZ? I'd love to do a road trip at the end of summer and save on gas...

Exec
- Lots of GMC Terrains (SLE)
- A few escapes SE, SEL
- Journey
- Durango 4wd
- There was a Mercedes that was parked inclined towards enterprise (meaning they are for enterprise) but just straight enough to look like a bad parking job for ES. Maybe one could have gotten away with it? It was the first spot closest to EA.

Both pictures are of the Exec spots closest to the building, one on each side of the lot booth (the other side is not pictured)

Aisle
- Half were RVRs and seemed like baseish models
- Avenger
- Malibu
- Hyundai elantra
- Journey

Partially pictured
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:39 pm

Nice pictures! So the grass isn't greener in Canada, eh?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:01 pm

What did you end up taking? Based on that selection, I would have likely picked the Escape. That, or (I can't believe I'm saying this) I might have given the '13 Malibu a chance, just because I haven't driven it yet.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:38 pm

thanks for the update mapelle621...I have a reservation for tomorrow evening and was contemplating on whether or not going to the airport or just taking my own car to Michigan this weekend. As much as I hate putting kms and wear and tear on my vehicle, I may end up with the same car if I rented, which would be a Dodge Journey

The rental rate I got for the weekend is a measly $100, so not too bad especially for about 1000km in driving distance throughout the weekend and credit and what not towards my membership.

I wouldn't mind the Durango, I think they look great, but would probably opt for the Escape instead for gas consumption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.