Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2024, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Room Descriptions are Way Off

The room descriptions for Bluebird in the Adirondack are way off. For example, The Hyatt website shows King Junior Suite at 930 sq ft while other websites show the same King Junior Suite at 376 sq ft. Other room types show similar discrepancies. Whoever books at Hyatt.com and expects a King Junior Suite at 930 sq ft will likely be sorely disappointed. Hyatt rates are also marginally higher for the same room/date.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 6, 2024 at 9:23 am
Old Jun 8, 2024, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, LHW member, former Taj InnerCircle Silver, former MLife Noir
Confused

Found an MMS property and tried to reserve on Hyatt.com and the WOH App without success. After reading similar stories on FT I called the Globalist line and after 3 calls and several days I finally scored the desired reservation. Received email confirmation from both Hyatt and (for whatever reason) the property itself so figured I'd reply to the latter to provide my WOH number. Was quite surprised at the response:

"Thanks for your email.

Just so you are aware (the property has) no affiliation with Mr and Mrs Smith or World of Hyatt, we use this platform to advertise our rooms.

We are a small independent business and... look forward to welcoming you."

So the property was listed on Hyatt.com with an MMS label (and was booked through Hyatt) but has no affiliation with either?! Fully cognizant that the relationship is less than a month old but this seemed quite perplexing. Presuming that my (nonrefundable) reservation will be honored but am I at risk for not getting the MMS Brand Explorer badge, which admittedly was a prime motivation for booking the hotel?

Admittedly a 'first world problem' but just curious if there is something I have missed.
Football Fan and Mikechan like this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 2:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
just to follow up,

After not getting a response from hyatt, I booked the room direct with Mr & Mrs. Once the room was secured, I replied to an email that they sent prior and told them I no longer need the room. After about two weeks they finally replied and apologized and confirmed that they saw my self booking and have canceled all other possible bookings (that were never made). During the weeks of silence I did email them once to express my disappointment and they did offer some points for the inconvenience.

Similar issues with another MMS property in Paris, but after one error I just booked the room direct as well.

Old Jun 14, 2024, 2:21 pm

Looks like Chase WoH cardholders will be getting 4x after all, got an email announcing it.

Also verbage on main page now states it as well https://www.hyatt.com/mr-and-mrs-smith/en-US
> 4 Bonus Points per every $1 USD on room rates for World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers when paying with the card.

Old Jun 17, 2024, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Some interesting details on how hotels are chosen via secret shoppers and holes in the network: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyq...ue-properties/
Old Jun 17, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Globalist; AS Gold; AA Plat
MMS in Warsaw

I was looking at options for a 2 night stay in Warsaw and wondering if anyone has recentstays at the Nobu? The MMS website shows one property (Nobu Hotel) @$168/nt for advancepurchase (non-refundable). As of now, Nobu Warsaw has yet to be integrated into Hyatt's booking system.

Alternate booking options at this time are:
  1. Amex Hotel Collection @$197/nt or 28,250 MR/nt (refundable until day before arrival)
  2. Chase's The Edit Collection @$201/nt or 14,878 UR/nt (refundable until day before arrival)
Most other OTAs offer similar non-refundable and refundable rates, albeit without the $100 property credit, welcome gift, late check-out & room upgrade (subject to availability)

4-star hotels in Warsaw are relatively inexpensive and at <15k points per night, Chase seems to be the best option. Unfortunately, the Chase UI does not allow alphanumeric entries when entering one's WoH loyalty number - I guess I will have to request Chase to add my WoH member # to my reservation after booking it. Has anyone else successfully gotten Chase to add their oyalty numbers manually to existing reservations?

Even if Nobu is bookable using Hyatt points, MMS properties have dynamic points pricing and I am unlikely to book for 15k WoH points. Does anyone else have ides for better Hotel options at this price point in mid October?
Old Jun 17, 2024, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by arfaczar

Chase seems to be the best option. Unfortunately, the Chase UI does not allow alphanumeric entries when entering one's WoH loyalty number - I guess I will have to request Chase to add my WoH member # to my reservation after booking it. Has anyone else successfully gotten Chase to add their oyalty numbers manually to existing reservations?
Don't you need to book through Hyatt to get any Hyatt benefits at M&M hotels? I don't think you'll earn Hyatt points or nights if you don't book through Hyatt, similar to SLH.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by rewqion
Looks like Chase WoH cardholders will be getting 4x after all, got an email announcing it.

Also verbage on main page now states it as well https://www.hyatt.com/mr-and-mrs-smith/en-US
> 4 Bonus Points per every $1 USD on room rates for World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers when paying with the card.
Aside from the benefits in the screen shot for all World of Hyatt members, do WoH Globalist get their benefits such as free breakfast, suite upgrades (with or without SUA), free parking on points stays, 4PM check out, free premium Internet?
Old Jul 4, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sapguy
Aside from the benefits in the screen shot for all World of Hyatt members, do WoH Globalist get their benefits such as free breakfast, suite upgrades (with or without SUA), free parking on points stays, 4PM check out, free premium Internet?
No You could, but they don't have to offer them.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SP03
No You could, but they don't have to offer them.
Thanks for your reply, and that’s unfortunate as I have now ruled out the Mr&Mrs Smith properties in Paris bookable on Hyatt.com. Will now plan for standard Hyatt properties in Paris.
Old Jul 22, 2024, 2:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, Mlife Noir, invol FT beta tester
Moderator note: split off the Else KL post into its own thread: Else Kuala Lumpur
SanDiego1K, skj and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Jul 31, 2024, 1:43 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'm just going to say that while I know the logo says Smith in cursive, but it looks like someone scribbled "SMH" instead.
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2024, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Does anyone know what the timelines are for adding further MMS properties to the Hyatt selection? I.e. did they specify that they will be “added as they come” or will it be one every quarter etc. Don’t want to “miss” anything exciting here…
Old Aug 1, 2024, 1:47 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, BR, BA
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Does anyone know what the timelines are for adding further MMS properties to the Hyatt selection? I.e. did they specify that they will be “added as they come” or will it be one every quarter etc. Don’t want to “miss” anything exciting here…
I wonder if Hyatt themselves know.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2024, 2:37 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Hyatt said they’ll be rolling more in quarterly, but I’ve noticed properties joining and leaving since the initial integration in April… so it seems this will be a fluid thing. Just keep your eyes peeled on the presence as there obviously won’t be any announcements as to which properties join/leave and when they do so.

khabah
Sydneyberlin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.