Wiki Posts
Search

21,000 onepass for checking account

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
a small account glitch you may have run into

I am reporting on a glitch with some new online accounts I have run into.

This morning I checked my email to find a message from Chase telling me that 2 small deposits were made in my external account and that I could now go on chase.com and enter these to activate my new checking acct.

It told me the steps and so I tried, having just seen those two small amounts yesterday. (interestingly, I find Citi and Chase both put in and promptly take back the two deposits... ING just gives them to you when they do this.)

I logged into Chase.com and the tab/selection the email told me about was not there. I looked everywhere. I then called Chase and got put through to the online team at 877 242 7372

30 mins on the tel and me wife being upset that I was missing breakfast with the kids, and the CSR told me of a different way to try to get in, but that failed as well.

I called back just now and ended up with a supervisor who told me there has in fact been a big glitch with many online accounts. He added my name to the list and said to try again in a couple days.

He assured me this will not affect any reward or bonus, and that yes, my account was still opened (in my case, Oct 21) but that all I needed to do was to activate it.

I thought I would share this in case anyone else here is having a similar problem. Not to worry.

MM

Honey? is the coffee still warm?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:26 am

I had the same problem. After exchanging hundreds of e-mails with customer rep (they kept telling me to click on the tab that does not exist.), I figured it out by myself. You can just start over the application, then you see [I would like to complete my previously saved application] at the bottom of the screen. Check that option and proceed to next. You should be able to enter 2 deposit amounts. This solved my case and my account is now activated.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Izushisobaman
I had the same problem. After exchanging hundreds of e-mails with customer rep (they kept telling me to click on the tab that does not exist.), I figured it out by myself. You can just start over the application, then you see [I would like to complete my previously saved application] at the bottom of the screen. Check that option and proceed to next. You should be able to enter 2 deposit amounts. This solved my case and my account is now activated.
well thank you very much indeed!

I went here:

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_n...ecking-Account

which is also what I used to open my acct to begin with, and yes, when you go to open a new checking, that option to complete previous app is at the bottom. It easily led me to the place where I activate my two small deposits and I am all done now.

thanks again!

hmmm, should we tell web service at Chase?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:28 am

yes, but only if they reward us with CO miles.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
Help, Chase won't give me my 2010 Business checking account miles

I have called the toll free number recommended in this tread 5 times and been given 4 or 5 different excuses why I don't qualify for this offer none of which I beleve are valid. I finally got it refered to a supervisor and the latest excuse is it became for new accounts only in May. The following are some data points.

I closed a 2009 Business acount opened in December 2009 about a week before opening a new 2010 account June 29, 2010.
The prior account was open more than 6 months required.
I do have a tracking code indicating I was approved for this account.
The present terms and conditions are unchanged from over the past couple of years as far as I can tell.

I am curious if someone has suggestions on anything I could do further to try to get miles. Also interested if others and benn apptoved for this offer and recieved miles who had prior business account in 2009 after my opening date. rbc100
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by rbc100
I have called the toll free number recommended in this tread 5 times and been given 4 or 5 different excuses why I don't qualify for this offer none of which I beleve are valid. I finally got it refered to a supervisor and the latest excuse is it became for new accounts only in May. The following are some data points.
The ladies at the 877 number have been known to offer opinions that are not authoritative. As far as I can tell they do not have access to definitive answers so anything you are told when you call is suspect for merely being their opinion, not hard fact. The process to be followed, is you need to get them to "initiate an investigation." They cannot fix it themselves. They need to submit it to someone else and the fix is not instant. On two occasions where I had non posting miles (accts #3 and #4) they offered to "initiate an investigation". In neither case did they seem to have any personal authority to actually restore the miles, all the could do is offer to have it investigated. The first time the "investigation" took nearly two weeks but the miles posted. The second time the miles posted within 2 days. In both cases the miles were properly posted with no followup beyond me getting them to offer to initiate the "investigation".
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:23 pm

I have initiated an investigation and gone through the procedure and was still turned down for the bonus so looking for further options. rbc100
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Izushisobaman
yes, but only if they reward us with CO miles.
I called to confirm something. I asked the agent about miles for telling him I know of someone who found a workaround. Csr laughed lol

I closed a 2009 Business acount opened in December 2009 about a week before opening a new 2010 account June 29, 2010.
The prior account was open more than 6 months required.
I do have a tracking code indicating I was approved for this account.
The present terms and conditions are unchanged from over the past couple of years as far as I can tell.

I am curious if someone has suggestions on anything I could do further to try to get miles. Also interested if others and benn apptoved for this offer and recieved miles who had prior business account in 2009 after my opening date. rbc100
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is possible they think you are churning. This sort of thing happened to me with citi. I have scores in the high 700s but citi will not give me another cc. And so its possible they think you churn too.

Now... On my checking app I can see a page now that says I will get a 10 + 15k award and so I'm not worried yet. Did you receive this page? If not did you apply correctly? And yet we all think and hope we did.

I can think of only one way out of it if cs doesn't solve it in your calls (and you should try the web team instead of normal cs) and that way would involve graphics and a hope their database can make errors whereas a few people slip Thu... anyway its not recomended.

Good luck...w web team.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:50 pm

I opened my account at a branch bank as required for Business accounts and have a tracking code for my apporoval. I am going to call the supervisor back who left me a voice mail I was rejected and see if I can get relief there and will try secure email route after that.rbc100
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I have initiated an investigation and gone through the procedure and was still turned down for the bonus so looking for further options. rbc100
What was the specific reason cited as to why you were denied??? If they have investigated it and cited a specific reason for denying you, your recourse is to examine the reason given, against the terms of the offer and see which one of you is correct.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I opened my account at a branch bank as required for Business accounts and have a tracking code for my apporoval. I am going to call the supervisor back who left me a voice mail I was rejected and see if I can get relief there and will try secure email route after that.rbc100
It would make sense to me to go back to the branch and bring every piece of paper and every name of CSR you have.

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
What was the specific reason cited as to why you were denied??? If they have investigated it and cited a specific reason for denying you, your recourse is to examine the reason given, against the terms of the offer and see which one of you is correct.
Get THE reason... yes, this could work... although I have seen promotions where, when you answer requirement A, they throw B at you, and when you answer B they throw C at you, and so on. Not that I think this one is like that, but I just know I have seen it. At the very least, such a tactic--intentional or otherwise--could throw off the customer and nothing is ever gained when he/she simply gives up.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like, on my wife's account, I didn't get 5 transactions in there for the first month (despite my own advice about using 25c parking meters for cheap and easy hits).

I also don't have her doing direct deposit.

Did I just lose the deal, or will more transactions average me out this month?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Looks like, on my wife's account, I didn't get 5 transactions in there for the first month (despite my own advice about using 25c parking meters for cheap and easy hits).

I also don't have her doing direct deposit.

Did I just lose the deal, or will more transactions average me out this month?
Are you referring to the miles bonus? I believe the mile bonus is the transactions have to fall within 60 days. My purchases fell after the first statement, but within the 60 days and I still got the miles.

If you're referring to the fees, was your "first month" statement a "short" month (covering 15 days or so)? If so, I had the same thing, and no monthly fee was charged.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andyli
Are you referring to the miles bonus? I believe the mile bonus is the transactions have to fall within 60 days. My purchases fell after the first statement, but within the 60 days and I still got the miles.

If you're referring to the fees, was your "first month" statement a "short" month (covering 15 days or so)? If so, I had the same thing, and no monthly fee was charged.
Really, I think, I was forgetting they were two different issues.

I (she) didn't get charged fees, but I didn't get miles. But, OK, 60 days is no problem, and, yes, the first month was short.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.