U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Everything
I got one confirmation at my work email and another at my personal email. I think my computer's auto-fill function picked different email addresses randomly.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:27 pm

What are the best use scenario for the choice points (and the amount of pts per reward night)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:41 pm

You can't pool points between accounts? This puts me in a bit of a pickle...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:44 pm

I am really upset. I twice had 2 of the 42,000 point packages on reserve. When I clicked to pay, it kept saying that my address didn't match the credit card. I just moved, so I thought for some reason maybe Daily Getaways didn't "recognize" my address from previous years. It didn't work with my old address, either (not that I am really upset with that, of course).

I was able to get in a second time, tried a different card, and same results.

Well, lo and behold, these 42,000 point packages sold out. When I tried for 2 each of the 28,000 and 14,000 point packages, I had no trouble at all with paying. I was hoping to get a total of 6 packages-- I didn't even try for the 55,000 point packages since I figured everybody and their brother would, naturally, be trying for those first. While I am not upset with 4 packages, it just irks me that we can't load our payment info ahead of time to avoid these "errors"

That aside, I thought this year was much more realistic for us to actually get some points. I agree with the poster upthread who said that Choice did a good job with regards to availability this time.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by frugal_flyer
I am really upset. I twice had 2 of the 42,000 point packages on reserve. When I clicked to pay, it kept saying that my address didn't match the credit card. I just moved, so I thought for some reason maybe Daily Getaways didn't "recognize" my address from previous years. It didn't work with my old address, either (not that I am really upset with that, of course).

I was able to get in a second time, tried a different card, and same results.

Well, lo and behold, these 42,000 point packages sold out. When I tried for 2 each of the 28,000 and 14,000 point packages, I had no trouble at all with paying. I was hoping to get a total of 6 packages-- I didn't even try for the 55,000 point packages since I figured everybody and their brother would, naturally, be trying for those first. While I am not upset with 4 packages, it just irks me that we can't load our payment info ahead of time to avoid these "errors"

That aside, I thought this year was much more realistic for us to actually get some points. I agree with the poster upthread who said that Choice did a good job with regards to availability this time.
I have to agree that it would be nice to be able to have everything in an account prior and just be able to pay or at a minimum, they should give you an option to not loose your package so quickly.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:50 pm

I will try to contact Daily Getaways, miadukes, and see if this is something that can be looked into for future years.

By the way, I did get emails immediately after the sales went through, as a data point.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:16 pm

How come the 28K packages are still available? This is not much worse than the 55K deal.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:19 pm

I have another account under the same name... I wonder if they will cancel the purchases in this case or if they don't care.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
You have to literally click right at the time they go live.
Yeah but not one package, 6??? Do you have 4 hands?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:25 pm

Considering how the 28,000 point packages are still available, I think it would be nice if --instead of being limited to 2 each of all packages-- we were allowed a total of 8 no matter the assortment of packages. I know I personally would be happy if I got 8 of the 28,000 point packages, as it would still be a good deal. It would be less stress and my poor hands and fingers would be a lot happier!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by DealAddict
no but i have four screens and a really nice coworker!! LOL
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DealAddict
I have multiple screens up and ready, with browser page reloading and well-honed video game-like skills deployed.

But for things like the Hyatt packages, I can count myself out of luck.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by nas6034
What are the best use scenario for the choice points (and the amount of pts per reward night)
international hotel redemption is the best use by far
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nas6034
Either international or using them during special events or peak season in areas with sky-high rates otherwise.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:39 pm

Speaking of emails I just realized that I entered the two emails wrong well the same email wrong twice in one of my purchases so I'm hoping the point still come through for that, I don't see why they wouldn't cuz I don't think that you know it's tied to anything but a receipt, and I did print out my confirmation of purchase

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.