Reload this Page >

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Why would anyone want to buy IHG packages, they are poor value
IMHO, they should be offering these packages at 50% of their true value which is about 0.007/point. At 0.0035/point, I would jump all over these faster than flys on poop. It's look like IHG is valueing their points at about 1.1/point for the puposes of this sale.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:29 am

Interesting that President's Club Membership is still available.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Interesting that President's Club Membership is still available.
What does this really get you of value? I've had Hertz President's Circle off and on over the years, and I wouldn't pay more than maybe $100/yr for the status. A few nice upgrades, depending on the station, but *big* upgrades were never guaranteed so I never really attached a hard value to them. (In other words, if I needed an unusual car type like minivan, pickup, or large SUV, I still had to book it. The typical upgrade was usually a full-size car to a luxury car or something similar.)

Is Avis PC something substantially different? Does the $750 include a couple award weeks out of the gate or something? Hertz PC included a one-free-day cert in your welcome kit. That was probably the most valuable thing about the status. I didn't have any chances to invoke the 48-hour guarantee, so I don't know if that was seamless/easy to invoke online or via the app, and whether locations delivered. (The real value would be a 30-minute guarantee. I'm stick in city X and need a car right now.)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Here are the Europe benefits: https://secure.avis-europe.com/assets/loyalty/pdf/Benefits_UK.pdf

https://thepointsguy.com/2015/10/car...-elite-status/

https://insideflyer.com/forums/threads/president-chairman.3262/

Last edited by gkbiiii; Apr 13, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis...s-club-12.html

This is a good review of our communities experience with this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
two-class upgrade and availability guarantee?

Not surprised nobody's paying $750 for that.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I bought one 14K bundle of Choice on the evening of April 10 when all 3 larger bundles were already Sold Out. e $80 charge posted to my Chase SP Visa last night as a 2pp$ -earning "Travel Purchase !" BTW, 14K bundles are still available, as are all sizes of IHG points !
BTW, oh-so-thank-U, Miadukes #23 for finding that source and posting the complete calendar thru May 8, because DG's own Webpage still lists only thru April 27!
Finally, I agree that the BEST/ JUICIEST deals such as Hyatt are sniped by bots, but each year I do buy a few pretty-good deals!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
I bought one 14K bundle of Choice on the evening of April 10 when all 3 larger bundles were already Sold Out. e $80 charge posted to my Chase SP Visa last night as a 2pp$ -earning "Travel Purchase !" BTW, 14K bundles are still available, as are all sizes of IHG points !
BTW, oh-so-thank-U, Miadukes #23 for finding that source and posting the complete calendar thru May 8, because DG's own Webpage still lists only thru April 27!
Finally, I agree that the BEST/ JUICIEST deals such as Hyatt are sniped by bots, but each year I do buy a few pretty-good deals!
Just looked at my Citi but i don't see where it says how many points I earned for it but it does show as - Other Travel - so I'm crossing fingers 3x travel.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Your card is a Citi, but Chase has a feature that when a cardmember views the list of charges online, s/he can click on any of them to see how many points are earned (1x, 2x,etc.) and the name of the 2x category.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
Your card is a Citi, but Chase has a feature that when a cardmember views the list of charges online, s/he can click on any of them to see how many points are earned (1x, 2x,etc.) and the name of the 2x category.
Yes I can always see it on my chase but i didnt see it on Citi
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:43 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Why would anyone want to buy IHG packages, they are poor value
One other point I forgot to mention, this year I did the AMB renewal for $200 which gives me a 10% rebate on all award nights, up to 100,000 rebated per year. So, the "10% off" the DG price makes these more attractive (apx $.0052 cost net not factoring in the added $50 for the AMB membership as it also included an extra 5,000 point sign up bonus,) as I plan on doing more IHG award nights this year.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
How long Choice Privileges points takes to be posted ? purchased on last Tue,

Last edited by walduk70; Apr 16, 2018 at 11:54 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:19 pm

Why do people buy Choice points anyway: the best redemption i saw, were for "Leading Hotels of the World",for Paris.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Last years offering did come with both, the buffet pass & the $150 dining credit. Bally's does not have much on offer: no more buffet, and only a non-CET steakhouse (they closed Bally's Steakhouse) and a Thai place.

https://www.caesars.com/ballys-las-vegas/restaurants

I just got an answer back from Daily Getaways, that the $150 dinner is still included!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by walduk70
How long Choice Privileges points takes to be posted ? purchased on last Tue,
I haven't received mine yet, either. The email confirmation says "Points will be posted to the account number given at time of purchase within 10 (ten) business days of confirmation" so I'm just sitting tight for now. I purchased some a few years ago and in my recollection they posted within a few days but I might not be remembering that correctly.
walduk70 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.