U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I haven't practiced on prior offers. Is there anything we need to know before attempting to buy our first offer? Whatever offer that is, it'll be one I actually want to get....not a trial run where I don't complete the purchase, unless there's some account-setup type of benefit of doing that.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
I haven't practiced on prior offers. Is there anything we need to know before attempting to buy our first offer? Whatever offer that is, it'll be one I actually want to get....not a trial run where I don't complete the purchase, unless there's some account-setup type of benefit of doing that.
In my opnion, just have everything you need ready, credit card, loyalty number etc and click fast. LOL
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
In my opnion, just have everything you need ready, credit card, loyalty number etc and click fast. LOL
With most of these kinds of things, once you have the product in your shopping cart you no longer have to be crazy-fast. For example, if I'm buying tickets to a concert, I might need to be quick in selecting my seats, once I select them and enter the checkout process I have ample time to enter address, credit card, etc.

While Chrome will auto-fill a lot of things for me and I have the relevant loyalty numbers memorized, are these parts actually necessary?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
With most of these kinds of things, once you have the product in your shopping cart you no longer have to be crazy-fast. For example, if I'm buying tickets to a concert, I might need to be quick in selecting my seats, once I select them and enter the checkout process I have ample time to enter address, credit card, etc.

While Chrome will auto-fill a lot of things for me and I have the relevant loyalty numbers memorized, are these parts actually necessary?
Well I like to buy multiple of the different packages so yes I still like to be quick to get to the next ones but yes, in the past there is a time limit but it allows plenty of time and yes once you have it , its yours. Also, from an experince last year, if you mess up the billing info and cc number, it is not forgiving you will loose the deal and have to re click to buy it. At least that's what happened to me with one of my choice packages last year.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:49 am

Well I like to buy multiple of the different packages so yes I still like to be quick to get to the next ones but yes, in the past there is a time limit but it allows plenty of time and yes once you have it , its yours. Also, from an experince last year, if you mess up the billing info and cc number, it is not forgiving you will loose the deal and have to re click to buy it. At least that's what happened to me with one of my choice packages last year.
This. Use different credit cards too if you want to purchase multiple different packages. If your card for whatever reason declines a daily getaways transaction you'll lose the related package.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Crazy that with 3-4 times more points available for the big offers and the 20% increase in price that the big packages still went in seconds. Oh well I got around 200k points from it to use for a 1.4 cent/point value so I'm good! Good luck to those furiously clicking while waiting for the people currently reserving them to mess up typing their CC info.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:16 am

Great Choice day, managed to get 2 x55k for me, 2x55k for b/f, 1x42k for me and 1x42k for b/f. I was still able to click and go right to buy the two other small packages. This will last us a while.
Total 152k each. Very happy.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by goofygoofygooberyeah
Crazy that with 3-4 times more points available for the big offers and the 20% increase in price that the big packages still went in seconds. Oh well I got around 200k points from it to use for a 1.4 cent/point value so I'm good! Good luck to those furiously clicking while waiting for the people currently reserving them to mess up typing their CC info.
Without automated tools, picked up 6 of the 55k packages (for various accounts). For my own account (with points to be redeemed by mid-May at the latest), I picked up doubles of all the packages except one.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Without automated tools, picked up 6 of the 55k packages (for various accounts). For my own account (with points to be redeemed by mid-May at the latest), I picked up doubles of all the packages except one.
Yeah that's the only thing I'm ever freaked out about when buying a boatload of points, especially when it's in a massive sale like now - that there will be some crazy devaluation or a change in room policy availability or something a couple months after. I'll have all mine booked by July so just crossing fingers until then.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:35 am

Got a lot of 28K packages under different accounts, but didn't get confirmation emails? Is that normal?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by DealAddict
Got a lot of 28K packages under different accounts, but didn't get confirmation emails? Is that normal?
I've always gotten an email on the spot. Have you checked you spam folder?
/
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:41 am

I've always gotten an email on the spot. Have you checked you spam folder?
/

Yep. Nothing. I got 3 emails for one of my accounts. No emails for the other 2.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

No clue how you manage to get them every year.

I got 6 28K, and 2X42, although I'm missing confirmation emails, which is a bit worrysome
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:55 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Choice finally got the price and quantity correct for a customer-pleasing sale. Not too easy, not too hard. Just right.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by DealAddict
No clue how you manage to get them every year.

I got 6 28K, and 2X42, although I'm missing confirmation emails, which is a bit worrysome
You have to literally click right at the time they go live. We have no problem over here either but granted I do get a co-worker to help me so I can almost guarantee them.
We have had good luck with some of the other hard to get stuff, like Vegas and Hyatt.
I'm crossing my fingers for vegas next week. I really want two of the packages (well just one but one of two that interest me).

I've also spread the love of DG around the office and there will be 3 of us trying to get Lowes' hotel packages for 2 co-workers.
It's all fun. (even tho it does stress me out LOL)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.