Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:35 am
Suspended

Mine said that they would "look into it." Never again. I'm sick of this crap.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Mine said that they would "look into it." Never again. I'm sick of this crap.
At least you guys got a response.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:30 am
Suspended

Yeah, but it took 5 or 6 days to get the response...and not even a good one at that!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:49 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

My response took 3 days or so, but the response was that they will credit the bonus miles, so works for me...assuming the miles post.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:46 am

I got an auto-response on 12/9, the day that I made the claim ("we will review your inquiry and respond as soon as possible"), but nothing since then.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:54 pm

I actually received the 2K bonus. I bought a giftcard too from Underarmour
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:21 pm

Finally got an answer. After researching mine are " in the final stages" to be posted. They were very nice as they are "going to follow up". They were also polite, " Please allow a few more days.

The post date on my aadvantage eshopping account is 11/24.

So I will keep on waiting....
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:11 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Here's the explanation I got:

I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be aware that being that you were an existing member of the AAdvantage eShopping mall, you were only eligible to receive 1,000 miles for spending $35 or more in our program. The 2,000 bonus miles offer was for lapsed shoppers and new shoppers only.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Here's the explanation I got:

I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be aware that being that you were an existing member of the AAdvantage eShopping mall, you were only eligible to receive 1,000 miles for spending $35 or more in our program. The 2,000 bonus miles offer was for lapsed shoppers and new shoppers only.
Poor wording on their part IMHO. Lapsed shoppers whose previously-established account still works are nevertheless existing customers. As an existing customer who hadn't used AAdvantage Shopping since some other promo a couple years ago, I got the 2000 (posted 11/24 to my shopping account but still not at aa.com).
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:39 pm

filed FTC complaint. I am tired of CARTERA & aadvantage's lack of response and these fake offers. It is a scam and it must not be tolerated.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Did you file the complaint online? I too, would like to file one. Is there any way you can post the pertinent information for Cartera (name, address, etc.). Thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 2,000 points are now listed at the AA Mall as "Courtesy Credit: AA Sept Bonus--$35". They are not yet in my AAdvantage account, but I expect them after the next sweep.

Unfortunately, it appears I have to send them another email, because my two orders at walgreens.com on 11/21 and 11/23 for the 750 miles for a $75 purchase offer, when they were offering 15 miles/$, have not shown up at the AA Mall.

This is a pain.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Did you file the complaint online? I too, would like to file one. Is there any way you can post the pertinent information for Cartera (name, address, etc.). Thank you.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

(888) 456-6255
[email protected]
http://www.cartera.com

http://www.cartera.com/company/contact.html

make sure to spell aadvantageeshopping.com on top of the address. if at least 20 of us file FTC complaint, the FTC may look in to this and find this giant scam.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:35 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
The 2,000 points are now listed at the AA Mall as "Courtesy Credit: AA Sept Bonus--$35". They are not yet in my AAdvantage account, but I expect them after the next sweep.

This is a pain.
Same here. I think that the time and effort (3 emails) is probably worth the reward, so just think of this as a throw back to the old school FFP's, where you had to physically mail in BP's and tickets to get credited, without all the nasty paper cuts and postage.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:20 pm
Suspended

I guess the idea of filing complaints with BBB got to them. I got a private message from Cartera, yep, go figure. They want my inquiry # so they can help fix the problem...boy they are just so helpful now

Now I'm not necessarily against them finding out my true identity, here on FT. But isn't it a little too little - a little too late for all this crap? Here is what I've resolved to do (call it a new year's resolution if you wish):

1. I am going to complain to BBB if I don't get my miles by WED.
2. I am not going to participate in the new promo AA has going on right now, whereby you get
Spend a cumulative $75 and earn a bonus 1,000 miles
Spend a cumulative $150 and earn a bonus 2,000 miles
Spend a cumulative $250 and earn a bonus 3,000 miles
3. I am not ever, ever, ever, going to buy through a Cartera portal again for the rest of my life, no matter what the promised bonus is.

Even points dot com, for all of their faults, isn't as incompetent as Cartera. I said it once I will say it again, IMHO, CARTERA SUCKS! You lost a customer for life. GOODBYE.

AND THAT IS NO BALONEY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.