Reload this Page >

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:03 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Happy
I got the targeted promo but decided to stay away from anything to do with Cartera after the bitter experience with the infamous Month of Misery UA promo in Q4 2011. It took me 9 months to just get the measly 5K UA miles they owed me after probably over 50 emails have exchanged back and forth with specific reps. Way too much time / efforts to chase those from Cartera.

Good luck to those if they do not see their purchases posted in AA shopping accounts. Even if posted, it would still take another 2 to 3 months before you see them in your AA account - for 2K miles...
Exactly. My 9/30 transaction shows as a 10/1 transaction date. So, I emailed them to be proactive. Their response: maybe it will maybe it won't. Wait 8-10 weeks then contact us. Incredible.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
normal points posted but not bonus.. stupid aadvantage shopping
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by romsdeals3
and exactly is that stupid?

the rep here started the bonus points will take eight weeks to post.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Are you not familiar with the term "sweep" (as applied to bonuses)?

It's a special computer program / procedure that's run periodically (not all the time) to figure out who should get a particular bonus. In some circumstances, it's run weekly, in other circumstances, monthly, in other circumstances only once some period of time after the end of the promo.

Because shopping bonuses are subject to delay at some merchants to deal with the possilibity that the item may returned with a certain amount of time (in which cases the miles are not valid to be earned), they have to wait until that amount of time has passed for every merchant and every customer (even those who placed the order on the very last day), before they do the "sweep" which calculates everyone's bonus.

You don't know how bonuses work behind the scenes (and it works this way at lots of companies, not just Cartera)? And yet you think you have the smarts to call the companies who give you the bonuses stupid???
Old Oct 16, 2013, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
Exactly. My 9/30 transaction shows as a 10/1 transaction date. So, I emailed them to be proactive. Their response: maybe it will maybe it won't. Wait 8-10 weeks then contact us. Incredible.
Why? They are just following their rules. What's wrong with waiting 8-10 weeks? This is the typical waiting/processing period for most of the rebates. They have to make sure you past the item return period before they give you anything. Simply set up the calendar reminder to follow up, in the meantime forget it for now and enjoy life.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
Why? They are just following their rules. What's wrong with waiting 8-10 weeks? This is the typical waiting/processing period for most of the rebates. They have to make sure you past the item return period before they give you anything. Simply set up the calendar reminder to follow up, in the meantime forget it for now and enjoy life.
AMEN!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Robl
I've dealt with Newegg a lot over the years. You will get the rebate but be prepared to wait for months. (Last software rebate took 12 weeks).
My $55 rebate came today, 5-6 weeks after my purchase. So, I didn't have to wait long at all. And now my software, flash drive and 63 miles (so far) are free. ^ The 2000 miles will make this a really, really good deal for me.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Ditto. Nothing yet.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:43 pm

I was not targeted for this offer but tried it out anyway. On 9/8 I purchased a $38 pair of shoes from shoebuy.com. I haven't seen the 2k post yet (not surprising), but I also have not seen the $38 purchase post yet either (nor has it shown up as pending).

Should I be worried? This was my first go 'round with AAdvantage eShopping/Cartera. Hope it turns out well.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
I was targeted for the $1k promo... the purchase points posted but not the bonus
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:10 am

I was targeted for the 1k bonus, but i used the 2k link (sibling ). We'll see which one posts. The regular purchase posted, but not the bonus. I'm not too worried -- these usually come through after 4-6 weeks.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:14 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
I'm sorry, but you missed the point. I understand the wait of 8-10 weeks for the MILES to post. But, having to wait the 8-10 weeks, then when they don't post because the "transaction" date shows as outside the promo period, and then getting them to correct the date, then waiting who knows how long......Comprende?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
anyone actually get this promo? 6 weeks later and still nothing.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by austin_modern
anyone actually get this promo? 6 weeks later and still nothing.
Not reading this thread very well, are you? It's 8 to 10 weeks you're supposed to wait, not 6 weeks!

Go back to sleep for a month, please.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not reading this thread very well, are you? It's 8 to 10 weeks you're supposed to wait, not 6 weeks!

Go back to sleep for a month, please.
thank you for your kind and informative answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.