Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:22 am

^What just happened?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:28 am

Wow, I just got offered $5,000 for my 1982 Toyota Corolla rust bucket!

Oh wait, nevermind...I meant I just got 2,055 AA miles for $4.13!!! (After my rebate of course)

Thanks for the Newegg heads up.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st.exupery
Got the email but couldn't register -- "There is already a user with this AAdvantage℠ number".
Register for what?

Is there a registration link in your email? I didn't see any mention of registration in mine. The only button in my email was "Shop Now", not "Register". As far as I know, you're auto-registered for the promo if you got the email.

Or if you mean registering for AAdvantage Shopping, you probably signed up once before, but just forgot about it. (That would be why you got the email in the first place!) So you need to Log In instead of Signing Up. If you don't remember your password, go to Log In and then click Forgot Password.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:43 am
wcj

JCP is 12x right now too, just in case someone needs something.

for those that received 1000 miles via email, you can try going through the web for 2000miles here

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/p/promo2.htm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:18 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soccergod
I didn't know what to buy so I just purchased the free after $55 rebate Symantec Norton 360 2013 from Newegg.com.

Here's the item number: N82E16832408393
Thanks! I can use that anyway for my son's new PC he built. Can't beat the price

Anita
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:19 pm

Not to take this thread down a different road but unless you're going to suspect websites ( and maybe even if you are) the free Avast antivirus works just as good a Norton
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wcj

for those that received 1000 miles via email, you can try going through the web for 2000miles here

I looked for the offer at the site previously but didn't find this page, so thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:17 pm

just ordered Norton with the free flash drive and the free shoprunner shipping. Total came out to 58.xx.

Thanks!!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Register for what?

Is there a registration link in your email? I didn't see any mention of registration in mine. The only button in my email was "Shop Now", not "Register". As far as I know, you're auto-registered for the promo if you got the email.

Or if you mean registering for AAdvantage Shopping, you probably signed up once before, but just forgot about it. (That would be why you got the email in the first place!) So you need to Log In instead of Signing Up. If you don't remember your password, go to Log In and then click Forgot Password.
You're right, my mistake. The email links to a registration page for the site. The promo itself doesn't require registration.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Register for what?

When I select "Shop Now" in my email it brings me to a registration page to sign up for the shopping reporting. T&C's also mention I have to shop through the email:

*Terms and conditions: Terms: Now through 9/30/13 11:59 PM EST receive an additional one-time bonus of 2,000 miles when you shop through this email and spend a cumulative amount of $35 or more online in the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall. Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site details on any coupon code details or usage restrictions. Please allow 8-10 weeks from end of promotional period for bonus miles to post to your account. Void where prohibited by law.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:12 pm

Just ordered a DSW gift certificate for $35 using my new SPG Business card.

Bad news for Jimbaum who ordered the above:
Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by akp
Thanks! I can use that anyway for my son's new PC he built. Can't beat the price

Anita
Norton is overpriced crap that slows your computer drastically. Go with free Microsoft Security Essentials (Called Windows Defender in Win 8) or other minimalist AV and use the Windows built in firewall.

But by all means, take advantage of the free after rebate deal for the promotional bonus
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by wcj

A reminder for all - take a screenshot of the offer, just in case we have a hard time getting miles from Cartera.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
targeted offer only?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
targeted offer only?
see post #49

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.