Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: BONUS up to 2k AA miles: spend only $35 AAdvantage eShopping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still nothing except the original order from September showing up at AAdvantage eShopping. What's troubling is that the holiday bonus orders I made are still not there.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:56 am

Cartera just emailed me (one business day to respond, very good) to tell me that they had completed the research and were sending the 2000 miles to post to my account. They told me to wait a few weeks for them to show up, which I will do. And save that email, of course, just in case.

Last edited by 466SHH; Dec 3, 2013 at 11:57 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
as of now, I still got nothing, just send them email, will see what happen
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:33 pm

finally bonus miles posted earlier today
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Choice Hotels Gold
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I'm waiting for the same thing. Sometimes the waiting is hardest part of mileage game.
indeed ^

That and reading all these negative responses about not getting the points even though the terms state the bonus will be x amount of time after the promotion ends. Had me scared for a while but glad I got this bonus I didn't think I was going to get.

I have a bit more faith in the next 17500 coming my way though nothing as posted yet I know its just a part of the game.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by AirworldDave

I have a bit more faith in the next 17500 coming my way though nothing as posted yet I know its just a part of the game.
17500 miles? Wow! I would hate to see how happy I would get if I earned that much for shopping. I seem to dance (a little) when I see 1000 bonus miles in my account.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:10 pm

Quite shockingly, my 2K bonus miles just posted today. This is after it took weeks to get Cartera to post my original purchase- it was missing due to some glitch in their system. And I was expecting to have to spend another couple weeks back and forth with CS, but it showed up automatically!

Maybe this won't be my last experience with Cartera after all...
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by 466SHH
I emailed them (Cartera) Friday about my bonus. Have the points for the purchase but not the bonus. They emailed this morning to tell me they were "researching it." Will see what they tell me in the next week.

Have the points for the purchase in both AAdvantage shopping and my AA account, all 77 of them. Have nothing pending either place for the 2000 point bonus.
Mine showed up in my eshopping account as a courtesy credit less than 48 hours after they emailed me about "researching"
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
My bonus posted to my AA account yesterday.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:30 am

I contacted Cartera but haven't heard anything back yet.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
My bonus posted to my AA account yesterday.
I wonder what the timeline is for transferring them from the AA Shop account to the actual AA account. Everything looks in order for the 3 accounts I am managing for my family. We all have the 2000 bonus points listed in the shopping account but as of today they still are not in our actual AA accounts. They have been listed for over a week on the AA Shop Account. I have 3 tickets on hold and I am 167 miles short to purchase them! I hope they post to my AA account soon!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:46 pm
Suspended

The timeline is -- when you get disgusted with AAirlines, then they will post.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
The timeline is -- when you get disgusted with AAirlines, then they will post.
There must be a difference in the agreements between Cartera and each airline as far as posting time. When I use the Southwest Shop mall I get an email telling me I earned points. I can then go into my Southwest shop account AND my Southwest account and the points have posted. My Black Friday purchases are already IN my Southwest account.

With AA Shop mall the miles will show up as being earned but it seems to take a lot longer for them to be transferred over to my AA account.

I have a lot of orders showing up in my AA Shop mall account but I haven't had anything post to my AA account since November.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet
There must be a difference in the agreements between Cartera and each airline as far as posting time. When I use the Southwest Shop mall I get an email telling me I earned points. I can then go into my Southwest shop account AND my Southwest account and the points have posted. My Black Friday purchases are already IN my Southwest account.

With AA Shop mall the miles will show up as being earned but it seems to take a lot longer for them to be transferred over to my AA account.

I have a lot of orders showing up in my AA Shop mall account but I haven't had anything post to my AA account since November.
It's not so much a difference in posting time as in posting schedule. What happens is that transfers of points between partners is typically done in regularly-scheduled batches, but the frequency of those batches can vary a lot between one pair of partners and the next.

Also, there are errors that sometimes happen in the transfers, and then you have to wait for the next scheduled transfer (which typically repeats some of the previous transfer data in case it didn't register correctly the first time).

If partner A transfers to partner B once a month, for example, the "transfer time" can vary from a few days to a full month, depending on the "phase" of the timing.

What all this doesn't explain well (unless it was errors during the first transfer) is why everyone's bonuses seemed to show up at the AA shopping website dates 11/24, but they're showing up at AA.com at completely different times. It's obviously the same pair of partners (Cartera and AA) in everyone's case in this promo.

(No, my 2k has not shown up yet at AA's site. But with the storm knocking out much of AA this weekend, thus doesn't seem to be the right time to call them about it. So I'll just patiently wait..)
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
I haven't seen anything yet beyond my original purchase in either account. Emailing tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.