Earn 300-600 UA miles for taking a survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA,AA,DL
Annoying Hall and Partners new car survey which promised 50 miles for 1 minute survey. That was a prelim that dumped me into a 45 minute check-a-thon which still only awarded the 50 miles after spending 50x the time promised. This is so plainly unethical you wonder if they're not just incompetent.

If you're not getting many surveys you might want to "refresh" your profile data. Each one of those profile segments can yield more surveys if tweaked a bit.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
60 miles for a 20 minute survey watching a Corona commercial. I had to agree to let myself be filmed via my webcam. I tried to act interested but it was a stupid beer commercial so I don't know how good my reactions are.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:24 pm

Interesting...I did the same but did not have a webcam. I still got the 60 miles though.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:38 pm

171 miles for a 10 min. survey about personal banking.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:41 pm

Have never heard of that many miles. I wonder how one triggers those?
Old May 13, 2014, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by walkdmx
Have never heard of that many miles. I wonder how one triggers those?
if you haven't done a survey in a while, they'll email you an increased incentive survey.
Old May 15, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Just completed my first month on the site and have earned 5,575 miles. Not too shabby. If only that were to keep up, that could add up to a significant balance over time...
Old May 16, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by lazard
if you haven't done a survey in a while, they'll email you an increased incentive survey.
I get those offers all the time (usually more like 115 miles) but have never once qualified to take the associated survey.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:23 am

I'm convinced they use random.org three times before emailing me to complete a survey:

Random 1: Length of survey (it never is what it claims)
Random 2: Incentive amount (wild variations: 50 miles, 65 miles, 171 miles)
Random 3: Bonus; yes or no. ("valued member..bonus miles for doing this survey")
Old May 16, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
60 miles for a 10 minute survey on marketing.
Old May 16, 2014, 9:45 pm

600 miles for a 20+ minutes survy after joining the Opinion Miles Club,
not bad thou the survey way too long.

Below is from UA website:

Opinion Miles Club

Earn 300 award miles when you join Opinion Miles Club and complete your first survey. Plus, earn award miles for every additional survey you complete. The more surveys you complete, the more miles you earn.1

If you are currently a member of Opinion Miles Club, please sign in at opinionmilesclub.com.

Special offer for all MileagePlus credit cardmembers and Premier® members: Earn 600 award miles when you join Opinion Miles Club and complete your first survey. Learn more
Old May 17, 2014, 1:36 pm

Was anyone else robbed by Qualtrics on a political survey today after answering all of the questions? This is not the first time Qualtrics has pulled this as I reported it earlier in this thread and have monitored them closely since. I filed a complaint with Opinion Miles and sent them this email:

To: [email protected]

I answer surveys for Opinion Miles by United Airlines where I am also a correspondent with the CEO for direct feedback. Today I answered your Qualtrics political survey asking how likely I was to vote, about my various voter ID's and candidates. After the survey was nearly completed with many questions answered, I was dumped out of it saying I didn't qualify. This is an unethical theft of my time which is the most serious offense an opinion sampling company can commit, putting at immediate risk your accreditation by the associations which assure ethical opinion sampling, to whom I contribute regularly.

This is already being discussed in Frequent Flyer forums where those who answer these surveys gather and share information. These forums are monitored by university researchers who have included many of us in their own surveys about the ethics of opinion panels, which results are reported directly to the overseeing associations.

If I am not credited properly for the time I spend on the survey today I will be actively pursuing ethics charges against your company until this is resolved favorably. You have no right to steal our time, especially when we are being rewarded so meagerly to begin with.

Last edited by walkdmx; May 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old May 17, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by walkdmx
Was anyone else robbed by Qualtrics on a political survey today after answering all of the questions? This is not the first time Qualtrics has pulled this as I reported it earlier in this thread and have monitored them closely since. I filed a complaint with Opinion Miles and sent them this email:
Not by them but by another group. Said "that was your final question click next to be rewarded." Only to get nothing. Took a screen shot emailed both the company and opinion miles. Took 2 emails to both and they said they would investigate. Didn't hear back from either except I did notice my 50 miles had posted.

Hate getting that did not qualify after answering 3/4 of the surveys. You know that they got the info they were looking for. But this one took the cake when they stated that I would be rewarded.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:38 pm

50 miles for a 15 minute political survey, meant watching three campaign ads for Kay Hagan, blech.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Too invasive for my liking. Abandoned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.