Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
I'm all about miles as much as the next guy, but I'm a little surprised some of you aren't jumping on the higher cash offers.
...and I'm surprised that one wouldn't register (as revealed on first page) as a Delta Medallion member. That nets a lot more than just 2K SM's. As the OP revealed, he's not a Medallion member but clicked it anyway still got the extra miles bonus. So did I! Easy miles BOOST.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I signed up for the 2500 miles with US for Mr. Balima, myself and Balima Jr.
Mr. Balima and Balima Jr. have received confirmation that they would receive the $50 and the 2500 miles already show in their US accounts. I on the other hand have only received confirmation of the $50 bonus. No confirmation of the 2500 miles. Oh well I'll take the money.
Old May 26, 2013, 1:32 pm

just data point. Registered pretty quickly after OP. But, did not fun it immediately. A week or so later, it was funded and I bought 2 shares of CHK (laugh now). Was worried after reading here that offer from Delta ended. Contacted Shareholder and they said 3500 will be added to FF account. showed up two days later.
Old May 28, 2013, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by tillamookrn
I opened two accounts last week, one with UA miles and one with UA miles and the $50 bonus... trades posted yesterday, and I received a confirmation email today that I qualified for the $50 bonus. States the $50 bonus will post in 4-6 weeks.
I didn't receive a confirmation email for the UA bonuses. The t&c for the United bonus miles state they post in 6-8 weeks. Time will tell I guess!
$50 posted to my account today, haven't seen any miles yet...
Old May 28, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by balima
I signed up for the 2500 miles with US for Mr. Balima, myself and Balima Jr.
Mr. Balima and Balima Jr. have received confirmation that they would receive the $50 and the 2500 miles already show in their US accounts. I on the other hand have only received confirmation of the $50 bonus. No confirmation of the 2500 miles. Oh well I'll take the money.

I did the Delta deal several times and never got a confirmation email on the miles but the miles posted and then a week later the $50 posted as well. Hopefully the same will apply for your US air deals
Old May 28, 2013, 1:38 pm

I did the UA deal with $50 and my $50 posted yesterday. I've received a few emails stating the $50 promo but no mention of the UA miles. While I'm happy with the $50 I'd love to get the miles too. Anyone who did the UA deal get their miles yet? Frustrating since it sounds like DL & US worked for both.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:28 am

Just leave the account open?

Just have a question for all the people that purchased 1 or 2 shares of stocks in order to receive the bonus. Do you guys just leave the account open since it will cost more to sell your 1 or 2 shares than the commission? I mean you have a stock that is worth $1 total in value but it would cost you $6.95 to sell it so what do you do if you don't plan on being active in the account?
Old May 29, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by gmid2006:20830365
Just have a question for all the people that purchased 1 or 2 shares of stocks in order to receive the bonus. Do you guys just leave the account open since it will cost more to sell your 1 or 2 shares than the commission? I mean you have a stock that is worth $1 total in value but it would cost you $6.95 to sell it so what do you do if you don't plan on being active in the account?
Answered a couple times within this very thread, even the OP. It plays out differently than you presume....
Old May 29, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jpr0930
Answered a couple times within this very thread, even the OP. It plays out differently than you presume....
Thanks, I found 1 answer

After the miles post, you can close your account, but you must sell your stock first. If you have $1 of stock, the transaction fee will be the value of the stock. You do not need to transfer in more money to pay the fee. There will be 1 cent leftover that must be transferred back to your bank.

If it is true then the commission will not be more than the cost of the stock.

My next question is how do they know that you are planning your account? Do they find out when you transfer all your funds back to your bank so there is not any extra money for the commission?
Old May 31, 2013, 3:00 pm

I got an email from SB saying I qualified for the promo but then a couple days later they sent this to my inbox:

You have qualified to receive Dividend Miles but your Dividend Miles Account is not yet enrolled. Please visit USAirways for the details of your account.

I chatted with a guy from their CS dept and he told me I had to enroll my SB account through the USAirways site which makes no sense to me. Neither company knows what the problem is haha ...?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Previous posts indicate that you can only get the $50 bonus once. Anyone have luck getting it twice? (1 w/ one airline bonus and 1 w/ another airline bonus?)
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, UA Silver, US DMS, AA, HA, WN
Went for the 2000 United miles... here's hoping everything comes through! Thanks OP
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:09 am

Update:

With two simultaneously opened accounts ($50 and United miles)-
1. The $50 has already posted within a week of the trade.
2. The miles have yet to post, but when asked, customer service said it takes about a week or two, and everything looks fine from their end.

So far, so good! Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
When registering, they ask for your employer - which seems unnecessarily invasive and inappropriate. I am quite reluctant to provide that information (I like my job).

Anyone know what the consequences are if you simply choose "Unemployed" or "Retired" when registering?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
When registering, they ask for your employer - which seems unnecessarily invasive and inappropriate. I am quite reluctant to provide that information (I like my job).

Anyone know what the consequences are if you simply choose "Unemployed" or "Retired" when registering?
Not really that invasive. I don't know why they do it but any time I've opened an account at any brokerage they have asked for this info. I think it must be a SEC regulation that more than likely deals with insider trading. You could probably put whatever you want in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.