Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 3500 [DL/UA/US] miles for $5 from Sharebuilder

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CFFrost
How long after sign-up do you get the e-mail? I already received the cash, and there was definitely a place to list my UA # AFTER I entered the $50 promo code. It really would be misleading for them to allow this and then later refuse to honor it. (I wouldn't complain, obviously).
I think the email came the same day I got the miles posted to my account (friday for DL, tuesday for US, don't know about UA). Maybe you will still get the miles, but it seems like you gotten the email by now. Of course I never tried UA, so it could be different. You can always open another account and just go for the miles without the cash bonus.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by photographer2012
Does anyone know why i only see United when i go threw the links the OP provided?? (when choosing DL)
I notice, the DL and US redirect to the UA offer now. Sharebuilder must have pulled those 2 offers...
Old May 21, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Corelli
Hi,

Big thanks to the original poster and all others for the very useful info.

Some clarification from other UA users would be much welcomed though:

1. Has anyone signed up for the 2,000 mile promotion AND 50 dollars cash back and gotten both? I just opened one account last night, made the five dollar trade, and will wait and see.

2. Let's say you sign up for the 2,000 mile promo AND 50 dollars cash back, when would you be able to open a new account and presumably get another 2,000 miles; do you need to wait until the 50 posts then close and reopen, or can you concurrently have many accounts open under the same social security number (thereby allowing me to open a new account now with the other still open)?

Thanks!
From previous posters it sounds like you can't get both the miles and cash bonus on the same account...

You can open multiple accounts at the same time, but they will shut you down after you get too many. I've had 2 open at the same time without any problem.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:40 am

OK, thanks for the clarification!

With the first account still open (with the 50 dollar bonus) I just successfully opened a new account without the 50 bonus, with the hope that the first account will provide 50 bucks, and the second account will provide 2,000 miles. Both accounts have unique account numbers but show up together under my personal accounts. Both automatic one time trades are scheduled for next Tuesday. Hopefully both pull through!

Would folks who have successfully gotten the UA miles recommend opening as many accounts as I can now, or should I wait a week or two after the purchase comples to let the miles post and then open a new account?

Much obliged!
Old May 21, 2013, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Corelli
Would folks who have successfully gotten the UA miles recommend opening as many accounts as I can now, or should I wait a week or two after the purchase comples to let the miles post and then open a new account?

Much obliged!
No, don't open a bunch of accounts at once. You can get more bonuses if you do it slowly. This is the message you will get if you open a bunch at one time:

It has been noted that you have opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information. We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

The UA promotion is new, while the other ones have been around for years, so I think it will be around for a while.
Old May 21, 2013, 4:02 pm

This thread is near hilarious! Just as I thought (and mentioned in an earlier post) this airline miles deal is really a gem (and with a potential cash bonus to boot!). And, already, reports are that the Delta offer is no longer popping up. As I said before: if you haven't done this amazing bonus offer already you should drop everything and do it NOW. These types of offers often don't last. I did it immediately once I read samdori's original post.
Old May 21, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Ok, we're in! Just signed up education accounts for our 11 month old twins. Opened one account with my wife as the trustee and her United MP account number and the other with my info. Funding should take place tomorrow and I'll place the trades soon after. Will update the thread when the miles hit our accounts.

Thanks goes out to the OP for this promo!
Old May 21, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
Like others here I also signed up for the $50 promotion alongside UA miles, and have only received the $50 bonus. Not complaining, but it's something to keep in mind that you might not be able to double dip.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:49 am

I opened two accounts last week, one with UA miles and one with UA miles and the $50 bonus... trades posted yesterday, and I received a confirmation email today that I qualified for the $50 bonus. States the $50 bonus will post in 4-6 weeks.
I didn't receive a confirmation email for the UA bonuses. The t&c for the United bonus miles state they post in 6-8 weeks. Time will tell I guess!
Old May 22, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Hazarrd
Thanks for pointing me here. However, I don't see any place to update my skymiles number on the Account Settings page. Wonder what I did wrong during registration? I did get an email regarding the $50 bonus.

OP said "Open an account and be sure to select SkyMiles Medallion as your membership level." I never saw a place to indicate this during registration.

Can anyone assist?
Originally Posted by samdori
If the option to add your SM# doesn't appear, it means the promotion did not get applied to your account for whatever reason. From reading previous posts it seems it is not possible to get both the cash and miles bonus on the same account.
Hazarrd,

My history so far:
5/16 (thurs): signed up thru Post 1 for Delta, and entered in $50 code
5/16: got email w/subject "Promotion Entered".
In the body it said, "Thank you for opening your Delta ShareBuilder account. To receive your $50 Account Bonus, be sure to meet the promotion requirements. If you have not set up your investment plan or online trade yet, get started today."

5/21 (tues): email w/subject "Automatic investment purchase is complete"
5/22 (wed): email w/subject "Promotion Qualification".
In the body it said, "You have met the requirements of the Delta ShareBuilder promotion and will receive your $50 Account Bonus within 4-6 weeks.

Promo Code: 502INVEST"

When I log in to Sharebuilder:
Overview>Profile & Settings>Account Settings>Membership Information (on bottom left of page), it says "Skymiles member" and lists out my Skymiles #

So I will let you all know if I get the 2K Delta miles or not (nothing yet, maybe this Friday or next Monday based on others' reports)
Old May 23, 2013, 8:53 am

Has anyone successfully received the miles reward more than once? If so, would like to understand the best way to churn this.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by hotstepper
Hazarrd,

My history so far:
In the body it said, "Thank you for opening your Delta ShareBuilder account. To receive your $50 Account Bonus, be sure to meet the promotion requirements. If you have not set up your investment plan or online trade yet, get started today."

In the body it said, "You have met the requirements of the Delta ShareBuilder promotion and will receive your $50 Account Bonus within 4-6 weeks.

Overview>Profile & Settings>Account Settings>Membership Information (on bottom left of page), it says "Skymiles member" and lists out my Skymiles #

So I will let you all know if I get the 2K Delta miles or not (nothing yet, maybe this Friday or next Monday based on others' reports)

I signed up for United with a $50 promo as well. When I received my e-mail it referenced my "OnePass" account - which is apparently a mistake in that they never updated the e-mail when it changed from onepass to mileageplus.

It also shows my United # when I log in and click to the same place it shows your # - so hopefully those are all good signs and I will eventually get the miles.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: All of em...
I'm all about miles as much as the next guy, but I'm a little surprised some of you aren't jumping on the higher cash offers. Compared to other brokers, these are really low deposit requirements for cash bonuses.

Good program, just got in on the $50 bonus, and will open another account later for the 2k United miles. The automatic investing feature is very interesting and seems to be setup for new investors who've never invested to be able to invest even if they're not sure what they're doing.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:43 am

Can anyone clarify whether the amount you deposit to receive the cash bonus must be held in the account for a certain period of time? The terms state as follows for the $200 bonus:

"The $200 bonus is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account."

There is no language indicating that you need to keep the $10,000 in the account for any longer than a day. Can anyone confirm?
Old May 24, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by hotstepper
Hazarrd,

My history so far:

*Update I did get the 2K Delta miles!

5/24 (fri am): email w/subject "Promotion Entered".
In the body it said, "Thank you for opening your Delta ShareBuilder account. To receive your Delta Mileage Promotion, be sure to meet the promotion requirements. If you have not set up your investment plan or online trade yet, get started today.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-747-2537 or by email at [email protected]. For your reference, your Promotion Code is DELTAMILESM"

5/24 (fri pm): Miles posted in Delta account~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.