Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:53 pm

Air Berlin to BA status match: https://www.britishairways.com/de-de...er-match-offer
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by flashware
BA is giving Bronze only.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flashware
Originally Posted by jms_uk
And only to german residents 👎 just as weak as the IB match where itd limitednto NEW accounts only so both are very limited
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:28 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Considering that they will no longer exist within 10 days, this is extremely useful

Received today:

Dear Mr. C W,

Thank you for your e-mail.

thank you for your status match request. You will receive your topbonus Gold Card within the next 21days via mail.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Ms. X.X.
topbonus Service-Team

Last edited by MileageAddict; Nov 2, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I think bronze is very generous, considering BA normally doesn't do status matches at all.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Great_circle
I think bronze is very generous, considering BA normally doesn't do status matches at all.
So now if ba went belly up and you as a ba Gold were given Oneworld ruby instead of emerald in a new program you would be happy? For many this is the situation. I am also ba Gold so I am not affected but still.

Perhaps Ruby would be okay if like with AY they offered a fast track to Gold...

But limiting it ONLY to DE residents seems rather short sighted!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Is the IB match only for DE residents? I'm not an IB Plus member so that's not an issue for me.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by kauppias
So now if ba went belly up and you as a ba Gold were given Oneworld ruby instead of emerald in a new program you would be happy? For many this is the situation. I am also ba Gold so I am not affected but still.
Yes, when this would be my only alternative I would be happy with this, as I would not count on a match in the first place. It is after all something that is given for free by a party that has no obligation to do this.
Moreover, that an airline which is not at all in the habit of offering status matches now actually does offer a status match -any status match- is generous to their standards.

But limiting it ONLY to DE residents seems rather short sighted!
That is something I do have to agree with.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is the IB match only for DE residents? I'm not an IB Plus member so that's not an issue for me.
There was no such residence limitation mentioned but the terms are rather vague too.... So far I have not heard of many if ANY real succesful Matches from IB.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:58 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Just a reminder that UA is still doing their match/challenge program. Just received 1K for 90 days (from AA EXP,) with the requirement of 35k PQM's in that time to keep until 2019. Have a EWR-SIN RT at under $500, so decided it was OK to fly UA again. Hate the idea of flying in coach that long though, so I hope they come up with a nice offer to UPG at checkin. HKG-IAD RT in coach should finish it off.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:50 am

nevermind
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:46 am

There was no such residence limitation mentioned but the terms are rather vague too.... So far I have not heard of many if ANY real succesful Matches from IB.
To come back to this, no residency in DE was not required. Matched 2 accounts so far succesfully. One took 4 days the other one 12 days so patience is needed...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
To come back to this, no residency in DE was not required. Matched 2 accounts so far succesfully. One took 4 days the other one 12 days so patience is needed...
I have sent my application around a week ago, but not heard so far from IB. Hopefully I receive something soon. Now that I know that October 28 is the last day for AB in oneworld I really would like an IB match asap
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Culture Guru
I have sent my application around a week ago, but not heard so far from IB. Hopefully I receive something soon. Now that I know that October 28 is the last day for AB in oneworld I really would like an IB match asap
The three matches I helped out on were processed in alphabetical order so theres hope they are super busy over there Im sure
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
The three matches I helped out on were processed in alphabetical order so theres hope they are super busy over there Im sure
Thanks for the note. Hopefully, mine gets approved too.

By the way, did you get any email confirmation about the status upgrade or directly letter/card by post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.